Sign in to follow this  
maajo

let us be consultants to one another?

maajo   

After you gratuate from University/colleges/s-schools....i think stresses starts to grow up for wavering between which fld is good.. so we can be consultants to each other.

starting from me: i have done IT degree..just preparing my self for masters..i actually like to do MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM(MIS)..lakin stresses comming on the way ..there is too many quesations run into my mind:

1) why do u not see alot of system analyst around..is this subject not intresting..cuz of that u dont see them around?

2) is this subject hard to study cus ppl dont talk that much about MIS? or it's opportunity for getting a job is much less then other flds?

3) is it hard to be system analyst as INFORMATION SYSTEM books put emphasis on them?

so how can we finish all those stresses..i seem to be lost..cuz i am missing my way..? we need educated ppl...and every one should be wlc to solve our problem and thier problem:)

my bro i feel your pain. i did system info in minor and business aq major. california they lets u do that! but that was in the 90s. we did cashed it. now its whole new ball game due to microsoft.

.net is the hot field in america now. but if you know java its no big deal. same indian guy who develped jave was hired by microsoft and developed c sharpe which basically what .net is using in w3k! same bloony! its stress full field, i just experienced that about 2 weeks ag.

if you get stressed, please see doctor first then try to do a sport u like. me swimming does it for me. but also, i change from IS, i did a one year course in ucla in database mgt, it much easier and dude pays much more. just learn oracle

OR sql u be home free!!!!!!!!!walaahi. but if u got any problem, bosts in the tec section, i am sure you will get an answer. good luck.

maajo   

rudy thnks bro..i am already MCSE holder ..i am also database analyst...i am good at those too flds...but just confused about INFORMATION SYSTEM.. anywayz i will do it..whether it will help or not:)

I took a unit titled Management Information System, but it was a few months back so give me some time and i will try n come up with a good little summry for you to check out.

Alternatively u could just hit google, or any other major seach engine and type in the key words such as M.I.S

maajo, this subject is mostly theory. today, it mostly usless in america. my first job in 1999, when i was working for this company who designed program for physicans, was to go to the offices and analyze how the paper work flows. so i use to write a complete structure analysis of they did. e.g., how the general ledger, patient diagnosis, medical procedure doc performed, and drugs prescribed by the doctor. so design a flow chart tying all this together and give to the programming dept. so u talk to alot of people and travel the whole time everyday to another location. its tedious and brain draining process.

however, due to sluggish economy, mis ppl dont get alot of opportunities to be hired!

hot fields today are databases! oracle is #1, followed by .net, sql and c++ etc. i would strongly recommend oracle. i am starting it in about 2 weeks! also, knowledge of linux is very important these days. microsoft, i believe is on the down slope due to shooty products and greed.

think oracle. dude, Indian are getting shipped from india cuz they know just enough oracle to pass by! check the net go to google.com and do some research...nity nite. i gotta hit the sack!