Sign in to follow this  
Jamilah

Is my theory really true?

Jamilah   

Asalamu Calykum,

I have to do an assignment on a psychological illness. I chose multiple personality because I found it fascinating if you are unaware of what this disorder is here is an introduction:

Multiple personality

Multiple personality is a very rare psychological disorder in which a person has two or more distinct personalities, each with its own thoughts, feelings, and patterns of behavior. The personalities often are direct opposites and dominate at different times, with abrupt transitions triggered by distressful events or memories. Each may be entirely unaware of the other but aware of unexplained gap in remembered time. In psychiatry the condition is known as dissociative identity disorder. The term “split personality,” denoting schizophrenia, refers to an unrelated disorder in which the split (separation) is between thought and feeling.

Multiple personality was first recognized and described by the French physician Pierre Janet in the late 19th cent. Public awareness of the disorder increased in contemporary times after a case was the subject of The Three Faces of Eve (1957). In the 1980s and early 90s, such factors as recognition of child abuse, public interest in memories recovered from childhood (whether of actual or imagined events), allegations of so-called satanic ritual abuse, and the willingness of many psychotherapists to assume a more directive role in their patients' treatment, led to what came to be regarded as a rash of over diagnoses of multiple personality.

I have studied this condition thoroughly and I have concluded that this is illness is a definite outcome of a Jinn. I believe that Jinn who has entered this persons body have caused this “disorder”. My Aunty once told when a Jinn enters your body you are unaware of what happening or happened synonymous to Multiple personality.

I find that the more I look into these cases the more I am convinced my theory is accurate. I want to see another perspective and opinion. So…is my theory really true?

Salaam :D

biG mOm   

asalaama calaykum warahmtullaahi wabarakaatu

Jamilah, nice name sis, garabkaada allaha galo aamiin.. and good job dear!

Coloow   

I think I am suffering from MPS! I have all the signs that you described! I must seek the advice of a mingis person! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Jamiila: there is a somali word for MPD(S)= lam(b)a miire.

do u know or have u asked good ole aunty whats jinn where it comes from, how does it look like and why does it do what it does to ppl? and whats the difference between jinn and shydhaan!

and have u ever heard of rooxaan? i believe u r referring to rooxaan!

I don't agree with your theory...I think that is oversimplyfying things...First of all, if i am not mistaken, supposdely jin who overtakes a body, usally exzibt their personality through, and they have different voices and attitudes...Now jin domination of a body or a person has nothing to do with social logical issues, it's just a pure luck...Now multiple personality to me, really comes from one person trying to cope with many espect of their lives and over a long period of suppression of certain events, they have this personalities that are not effected by events...Many people trying to avoid unpleasent memories, espically children, lock these same events and memories that even at sometimes they don't remember it happening, although it is a known fact it had occured to them. Gee i ran on...Anyways good luck with your paper...bee bye

Jamilah   

Asalamu Calykum,

biG mOm,

Thanks for that walaal.

SCORPION_SISTA,

I don't agree with your theory...I think that is oversimplyfying things...First of all, if i am not mistaken, supposdely jin who overtakes a body, usally exzibt their personality through, and they have different voices and attitudes...Now jin domination of a body or a person has nothing to do with social logical issues, it's just a pure luck...Now multiple personality to me, really comes from one person trying to cope with many espect of their lives and over a long period of suppression of certain events, they have this personalities that are not effected by events...Many people trying to avoid unpleasent memories, espically children, lock these same events and memories that even at sometimes they don't remember it happening

Thanks for your opinion great to hear another prespective my siblings think my theory is preposterous, but nevertheless thank you :D .

Salaam ;)

Bokero   

for a second i thought your describing the somalis.

What is the difference between spilt personality and mood swings? am very primitive when it come to psychology englighten me please.

You have seen 3 faces of Eve right? I mean it clearly shows that she developed those multiple personalities because she had to deal with death and how her husband was suppressive. Therefore, she had this really nice character, the wild one, and the weak one(which suppose to be the original person). So for me i don't believe that jin and multiple personlities have anything to do with each others. Even though jin effects on people might be the closet thing we had seen so far. You can't not therefore logically equate those two things and make that conclusion. I believe multiple personalities is more complex disease and a mind illness rather than outside forces.

Best of luck with ur research, au revoir.

Oocyte   

Jamilah,

MPD is more or less the way you described in your first posting. Its NOT the same with the term Jinn and its theories. "Jinni qof galay iyo ka dhex hadlay" are more like psychotic disorders ie. schizophrenia in which the person have hallucinations (visual, auditory etc), bizarre behavior, dellusions etc which lead to social and/or occupational dysfunction or deterioration.

I used to hear those stories back in Somalia but only saw 1 Somali girl whom they (her family) beat her and read Quran on her to chase the jinn away with no improvement.

BTW, Split personality and schizophrenia are completely different!

Oocyte   

Bokero,

Mood swings/disorders are major depression and Bipolar (Mania).

In Major depressions, the person feels down, hardly sleeps, cant concentrate, might feel guilty all the time and hopelessness.... some might be having suicidal thoughts or do it. These episodes are not there all the time but might be precipitated by certain incidents.

Bipolar or Mania people suffer from depression and Euphoria (elevated mood). They experience one a time. In Manic episode they show high self esteem or feel they are very important (He/she is the chosen one for presidency or highly respected position), they also hardly sleep, have so many racing thoughts and ideas, Less attentive and worst of all involve in certain activities so much without thinking like spending money, sex, etc.

In split personality, the person is usually emotional and exhibits behaviors like certain things/people are eiher good or bad in their book. they dont have anything in between. they also show self destructive behaviors like cutting, burning or more harmful ways. Some might have major depresion or Mania along with this.

Genetics play a role in these disorders. All of these are prone to drug abuses.

Oocyte   

Thank You, Scorpion-sista.

Jamilah,

There is a post in Islam section about the jin. Its called "Ever wondered how the jin sound like" by Jidaawy. Listen to it though Its in Arabic.

Ariadne   

Jamiliah: you theory is simplifying a reason for someone having multiple personalities. Multiple personalities are developed by the self in traumatic events that the brain can't handle or deal with thus another "person" is created to deal with it specifically. Thus a multiple personality/ies is a defense mechanism that is produced to deal with an event in someones childhood or youth that's too tragic or traumatic for them that their brain cannot repress it.

Anyone interested in psychology should read Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber.

Its based on a true story a psychoanalogyst had to deal with in the 60s of a woman who had 17 multiple personalities .

Its as clear as day that each of her persoanlities is "born" to her or is an unwravelling of the walking self in order for her to cope with many traumas suffered by her in childhood at the hands of her parents especially that of her mother. The other personalities started developing when she was two years old Peggy Sue is her first personality thats "born" out of the circumstance that she is abused more than she usaully was and thats why Peggy Sue is her angry personality the one shows her fear of many thing through her seething anger and is constantly breaking glass (an episode in her childhood that she was wrongfully blamed for breaking a beautiful glass vase). Sybil is just the depleted walking self (no personality or specific skills) all of her personalities perform all of her functions that require a skill.

A/ALEYKUM" DEAR"SIS JAMILAH" !

MY OPINION SPEAKING OF THE PHYCIASTRY IT'S TRUE UR THEORY AND MULTIPLY PERSONNELITY THAT UR PRONOUNCING TODAY I DONT KNOW WHAT'S EVRY OTHER ONE HAVE THEIR MIND MAIGH BE DEFFERENT OPINION THEY HAVE IN THIER MIND........

I'LL SAY DEPEND ON THE WHAT KIND OF MUL_TIPLE PERSONNELITY OR LET ME SAY MULTIPILE_ ATTITUDE THA ALL HUMAN_BEIGN HAS THEIR VALUES TRADITIONALIES BEGAN FROM ADAM_EVA PPLE NOT ALWAYS IS THE SAME THAT SOME OF THOUGHT...""

SING:ENG_FAISAL"

TAKE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CARE"SIS JAMILAH" smile.gif SING_ENG_FAISAL'"