Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

Brain Teaster

Abdinuur   

Enclosed in a room are two computers with intelligence (imagine them as C3PO if you will). However, one is a computer who always tells lies and the other always tells the truth. Now, also in this room are two doors, with one being the exit to this room and the other leading to a bomb behind it which will detonate once you open the door. If you were to ask just one question to one of these computer (not knowing which is the which computer), how are you able to get the computer to direct you to the exit?

[This message has been edited by Abdinuur (edited 03-10-2002).]

Ismahan   

Well that was an easy one Abdinuur....but i dont know if it a stupied soluation or a clever one....

If i were in that position I would do the following:

First i would ask one of the two computers ( doesnot matter which one)

The i will open the opposite door, cuz if it was the lying PC it will tell me the wrong door, and if it was the truth teller it will tell me what the lying PC will tell me .... wink.gif

Tell me Abdinuur did my brain pass the exam...LOOOL

PEACE...

Abdinuur   

Ismahan, absolutely right.

Answer:

I ask either of the computers, "If I asked the other computer which door to open to exit, which door should it answer to open?" And then I would open the opposite door. In this way I can find the correct door because: 1) If I'm talking to the truth telling computer, then it will tell me what the other computer would say, which would be a lie. So the door indicated would be wrong. 2) If I'm talking to the lying computer, then it will lie about what the other computer would say, which would be the truth. So the lying computer would still indicate the wrong door.

Abdinuur   

Here are 4 simple Questions to check how intelligent you are, I'll post the answers later.

1. What weighs more, 10 pounds of water or 10 pounds of rocks?

2. If a electric train is going at 50 mph heading East from West which way would the smoke go?

3. If a rooster sat on a TP roof and laid a egg which way would the egg roll?

4. If it take 5 minutes to dry a t-shirt on a clothes wire, How long would it take to dry 5 t-shirts?

Ismahan   

Thanks Abdinuur for those cool tests... I really love them....

well now let me try to answer this one too... but if i got it right this time...ur in trouble if u didnot gave me a candy....

so my answers are as below....

1. Although rocks weight more than water, but u have said 10 poud of both so this means that they have the same weight.

2. Although my eyes didnot saw a real train, only on TV... but i guess from it is name an electic train will not use fuel to burn...it will use electrical power so there is no smoke...

3. That was the easiest one... walal a rooster don't lay eggs... unless they do somewhere on mars maybe...

4. This one took me a while thinking of it... I guess walal (but i am not sure) it will take the same time if u put then on the clothes wire at the same time....cuz the sun power is the same.. unless the material the clothes made of is different....

Hey teacher dont laugh at me if some of my answers looked stupied.... wink.gif

PEACE...

Salaan...

Ismahaan:

Qatari sana runtii. How smart you are. Runtii. I thought the guy was going to fool you, but you caught him in a nutshell; especially, on the electric train trick. In that one, I thought you might be tricked this one, but again you are really brainy. smile.gif

C/nuur:

Next time, try harder. wink.gif

Macsalaama!!

Abdinuur   

MMA, try this one...i know it's easy but give it a try anyhow...

A company gets 16 cans of paint each month. The problem is that one of the 16 cans is always contaminated with lead. Fortunately, the company has the capacity to test for lead. However, due to time and money constraints, the results of the tests cannot be made known until after all of the tests have been performed. What is the fewest number of cans that must be tested in order to know for certain which of the 16 cans is contaminated.

Ismahan   

Do u mind if i tried my brain this time too walal.........

Although u said it is an easy one ...let me tell ya it is not that easy walal... but i guess it is the same case when i buy an oragne box... if i saw one of those oranges bad so no need to test the rest....so that means i can choose a can randomly so if it was bad no need to test the rest... but if it was not the bad one for sure ur not lucky...so u have to test all the rest... or maybe try to mix a sample and test that sample... I really don't know....

Guess i fail in this one Abdinuur....

PEACE...

Salaan...

C/nuur:

Yes, I do know the answer and it is simple: I don't know.

Adi tan ka jawaab hee.

Wax aa adi qaadi kartid oona qaadi karo wax aadan adi qaadi karin.

Oh, if your Soomaali is that tough, then:

Tell us something that you can lift, but that thing can lift something you cannot lift. smile.gif Ha wareerin hee. It is simple. Every maryoleey waas aqanaa tan.

Macsalaama!!

Hibo   

Man I am late as usual! Ismahan you beat me to the answers! But what is the answer of #4, A/nuur you did not answer that neither!

OK MMA this is your answer: A car jack..try harder next time bro.....

Hibo   

Alahu Akbar, meeshaan CabdiNuur iyo Maskiin aa naagihii ku afduubeen, walaahi ani mayeelaayi, wax hala iga siiyo naagahaan fiifiican, waa ogtahay doonooyinkaan meesha laga maro ani laakiin waxaan iska ahay reero qararaf lol.

Ismahaan adiga waaba kaa helay nooh, maxaa ka qabtaa hadaan kusaarsado ilaa xamarweene?

Abdinuur   

MMA, your shyt was easy...lool...actually, Aplus answered it...

Try this one:

There was a man who was driving threw a small town. He had fluffy hair and he decided to get it cut. So he stopped and asked a man in the town where the nearest barbershop was? The man said that there were two barbers in the town. He told him that one of the barbershops was at the North end and the other barbershop was at the South end of town. So the man parked his car and went to the first barbershop in the North part of town. There the shop was very dirty, there was hair all over the floor and the man looked like he forgot to shave. He had on trashy cloths and his hair was cut terrible. So the man decided to walk to the other barbershop. When he arrived he saw that the barbershop was clean and the barber had on nice cloths. The barbers hair was cut perfectly and he had shaved this morning. Why did the man walk all the way back to the first barbershop and get his hair cut there?