Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Some heart softeners

Fabregas   

Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal

quoted:Ibn Abi Hatim reported that ‘Abd al-Malik al-Maymuni said: “I do not know that I have ever

seen anyone who wore cleaner clothes, was more attentive to trimming his moustache and

grooming the hair on his head and body, or wore purer and whiter garments than Ahmad

bin Hambal.”20 And this was because every single movement of Ahmad (may Allah have

Mercy on him) was in accordance with the Sunnah, as he said: “I never wrote a single hadith

except that I acted upon it, to the point that I came across a report that the Prophet (peace

be upon him) got cupped and gave Abu Taybah (his cupper) a dinar. So, I got cupped and

gave the cupper a dinar.”21

Fabregas   

"Shall I show you a woman of the people of Paradise?"

Ibn 'Abbas said to me, "Shall I show you a woman of the people of Paradise?" I said, "Yes." He said, "This black lady came to the Prophet and said, 'I get attacks of epilepsy and my body becomes uncovered; please invoke Allah for me.' The Prophet said (to her), 'If you wish, be patient and you will have (enter) Paradise; and if you wish, I will invoke Allah to cure you.' She said, 'I will remain patient,' and added, 'but I become uncovered, so please invoke Allah for me that I may not become uncovered.' So he invoked Allah for her." [al-Bukhari]

Fabregas   

[16] Al-Hasan al-Basri said, “One day I was walking with a young pious man in

the narrow streets of Basra and its markets until we reached a physician sitting

on a chair and around him were many men, women, and children who had

bottles of water in their hands. Each one of them was seeking a cure for his

illness. The young man moved closer to the physician and asked him, ‘O

physician! Do you have a medicine that cleans away sins and cures the [spiritual]

diseases of the heart? He replied ‘Yes!’ The young man said, ‘Give it to me!” The

physician said, “Take ten things from me – take the roots of the tree of poverty

with the roots of the tree of humility, and pour in it the milk of repentance, then

place it in the mortar of acceptance [of whatever is predestined for one], crush it

with the pestle of contentment, then place it in the pot of piety, pour over it the

water of shame, then boil it with the fire of love, then place it in the cup of

gratitude and cool it down with the fan of hope, then drink it with the spoon of

praise. If you do all of this then it will cure you of every illness and trial in this

world and in the Hereafter.’”