Sign in to follow this  
Abu-Salman

Why A. Yusuf was Elected by Somalis Ennemies: an Historical Approach

Taking advantage of Somali's army defeat by a pro-Ethiopian international coalition,the power thirsty secular autocrat A. Yusuf provoked the paranoia of Syad's regime by trying to seize power through force alongside close kinsmens in the 70's.

Faced with the challenge of both a clan based coup d'Etat and an assasination attempt, Syad barre has little choice but to promote his fidel relatives into top position.

This policy, in turns, frustrated other clans and prompted the SNM to join Yusuf's SSDF, already widely decredibilized in the eyes of Somalis by joining forces with the invading Ethiopian forces (the laters crossed on several occasions into Somali territory).

Opposed to Shariah rule, vehemently pro-Western and with an excellent track record in oppresing clerics in his own fiefdom, the colonel turned treat was the ideal candidate in implementing Addis-Abeba agenda in Somalia.

Effectively, Yusuf's rule in Puntland was characterized by flagrant nepotism, institutionalized corruption and brutalities although the Puntlanders initially welcomed him as a "necessary evil".

RedSea   

^what is this suppose to be,historical lesson,I think I heard this quite few times before.

Another thing,The SNM didn't join the SSDF,because they were frustrated,it was cooperation between the two rebel groups since they had one aim,to dismantle the ruling regime at the time,that didn't last,too many political differences.

Djib-somali is Friend Or Foe? I guess he is Foe, just like his uncle Geele because he is the one who is making the connections for the ICU and subjugating the rest of somalis, where ever they are including Somalilanders, under Abdikhasim Salad Hassan and his party ICU. We Somalians will choose our president not Djabutians' dream president Abdikhasim Salaad Xassan!!! If Djabuti is not an enemy then who else fits that category!! I am going to tell you Enough is enough stop what you are doing or otherwise you will face reality.

^^^

So are you campaigning for silanyo :D

anyway the Dj guy is somali and they do reside in Awdal province the richest state of 'Somaliland'.

he has every right as a somali to talk about the plight of his people(the somalis).

You have no right to judge everyone.

Let me assure you one thing whether you twists the facts

calling ICU as a USC

or

Calling TNG as Siyaad's remnants

wouldnt make your folks achieve the dream of succession or hold the highest seat in Somalia.

Comprende

And another thing Djib is a Sovereign country :D

RedSea   

^I haven't witness someone miss everthing that far off,I am not saying your comments have no rational in 'em,however,that is not what the brother/sister even stated,so why don't ya make a new thread,I will be glad to give you a run for you money Ethiopian Boy.lol

^^^

Listen if you fellas cant swallow the truth.

Someone should advice you not to poke your nose in issues that have no concern to you.

Stick with your state 'Somaliland'.

I don't know where you (Djib-somali and ahmed_guree) are getting the citizenship because Ahemd-Guree earlier said that he is an Ethiopian and he doesn't like to wellcome somali refugees, likewise Djabuti has been a hostile to Somalia Refugees for the last twenty-three years. the only way you can be a citizen is throught the eye of ICU/USC as you already mentioned and my response it still the same "the idea of Somaliweyn had collapsed for the past fifty years" by the way, I did not say people of Awdal are not somali citizens, or TFG (NOT TNG) is Siyad Bare's remnents, as you know TFG is based on 4.5 and all are somalians. Let me repeat to you again Siyad Bare's remnents are A/Y, Jees, Bare Hiiraale, let me know if you need addition info I am glad to provide you.

Kamau dent

I said clearly and categoricaly that i would not withstand any 'lan' refugees fleeing ICU.

I also said that am Ethiopian to Somalilan coz we dont share anything in common.

Maybe only if your folks join the union (Ethiopiawinet) :D and i might welcome you as a fresher remember though you need to buy shackles.

As you said Somaliweyn dream has collapsed i dont give a hoot ;)

The thing is how reliable and effective is Hargeisa Admin?

rampant corruption,nepotism,innefficiency & tribalism.

How is it better than Siyads former regime?

How Viable will be a state comprising of Woqoyi Galbeed and Some pheripherals of Togdheer?

what a hypocritical way of thinking.

Instead of forcefully incorporating Awdal,Sool& Sanaag why dont you also add some parts of Hawd?

and let a nation of IS*land be your dream.

'IF WISHES WERE HORSES BEGGERS WOULD RIDE ON THEM'

RedSea   

^why you care about any of the Somali people's lands Ethiopian boy.Magaca iska dhig,kugu ma banaana in aad Ethiopian sheegato,hadana aad magacii mujaahid Axmed Guray(Allah yaa raxma) aad meesha lasoo gashid...shame.

^^^

I do value somalis :D

anyway y that mcuh fuss.

Berbera is in our hands without even a fight we do as we wish thanks to Riyaale. ;)

while its hard extending our staying in Baidoa

So Guess who are the real patriots :D

RedSea   

^you are really confused fellow I tell ya,I really don't know what to make of you,but once again,be whatever you want,just do me favor though,shut the fudge up.