Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

Ethiopia to Send Peacekeepers to Somalia

Originally posted by rudy:

amxaar! over my dead body! cy, bro u stink to high heaven! if he does it, kiss him goodbye!!

redface.gifredface.gif
:mad: :mad:

Dear Rudy Trudy ,You may not make much of fuss in SOL´s political section, but u inject a badly needed DOS of humour every now n then.

i can´t help but ENVY ya !!

:D:D:D

Bakar   

Wiilo, would you utter such words in the direction of our former colonial oppressors; the Italians and the British and perhaps also the French, since this matter doesn't allow you to think straight?

Get your act together wiilo. The Mengistu and Haile Selassy eras are over.

It is widely believed that the European occupied Somalia with consent of certain group of Somali. The recent political move made by newly-elected president is tantamount to that of the antecedent, according to popular belief. Hence another sentiment (anti foreign intrusion) will become central theme of those who think Yusuf was absolutely wrong to seek help from Somalia’s first enemy. He is to have been working for US as an agent, spy if you will, in the pursue of arresting those who are believed to be "Taliban", al-Itihad and so on. As much as I would like to give the man benefit of doubt, his latest move makes kinda was waas. Let's hope his trip to Ethiopia is contrary to what is being speculated here and elswhere.

Jumatatu   

It is ofcourse because of Ramadan I miss this comment:

Originally posted by Nationalist:

OG Girl, I have advice for you my dear. Know what you're talking about and don't let your emotions take over.

How dare you nationalist hurl slur at the Princess in my presence.

Princess OG, my dear if the President is that ****** would he have survived so long in politics let alone win the elction?

Second the question of Ethiopia or foreign troops, why do we need them? who's fault is it but Somali's?

Third, as a soldier President Abdullahi fought Ethiopia on two wars, 1964 and 1978 in which his bravery and valour have never been questioned. Now people are trying to convince us that as President he will sell out his country, does that make sense?

People you are either too naive or too full of hate in your easoning.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

Third, as a soldier President Abdullahi fought Ethiopia on two wars, 1964 and 1978 in which his bravery and valour have never been questioned. Now people are trying to convince us that as President he will sell out his country, does that make sense?

Yes my dear friend they are naive or full of hate on the question of before 1978 , but please can you elaborate more on what sort of relation were between our PRESIDENT and the Ethipian Government post 1978 , and especially over the last five/six years.

Sell out, how dare they say that when he is the President of Somalia..? :confused:

Jumatu, so we agree on the pre 1978 character of the President. That he fought for the interest of the Somali nation, right?

As for post 1978 relationship with Ethiopia, well what organisation or rebel movement that fouught against the Siyad regime did not have a relationship with Ethiopia?

If we go back a bit, the SSDF,SNM,USC three of the main groups which fought against Siyad where all based in Ethiopia. That means individuals such as, the late Aydeed,Siilanyo and others had sought support from our worst enemy.

The President has had a rocky relationship with Ethiopia,serving 6 years in prison until the EPRDF released him in 1991.

Since then he has had a good undertsanding with the Tigray government.

However all Somali leaders have sought close ties with Ethiopia, including Somaliland, USC and others.

So what differentiates the President?

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

So what differentiates the President?

Because sxb he is now the elected President of Federal Republic of Somalia. His close relation with Ethiopia will undermine so many issues which are outstanding between the two nations.

Because sxb he is now the elected President of Federal Republic of Somalia. His close relation with Ethiopia will undermine so many issues which are outstanding between the two nations.

That baffles me for real. Having a good relationship with Ethiopia would undermine outstanding issues? How so, would an enemy of Ethiopia help resolve outstanding issues?

Thats contrary to how the real world works bro, I belive its important that we have a new relationship of cooperation with all our neigbours. We live in a very poor region and through understanding can we address our needs.

First of all.

Jumatatu and SmithnWestern, both of u ppl just STOP.

What is the Topic: Ethiopia to Send Peacekeepers to Somalia

This is my view.

It's a very simple view, I don't believe Ethiopia should send their

"peacekeepering troops".

Since when did Ethiopia become SOMALIA'S friend??? pleaseeeeeee.

Somalia is a muslim country we don't need NONMUSLIM country like

"ethiopia" to help us have a PEACE control.

And this new President Abdullahi Yusuf, he is a WARLORD.

Do u understand ppl???!!huh??? He will not only start conflict,

he will get out of order, and try his best to convince ppl of somalia

that he is the best president. He will try his best to fool the

ppl of somalia.

However he is close minded, and will do anything to have Power. :mad:

LIKE I SAID,

he is a WARLORD.

A.YUSUF is no Leader but a old sick MAD MAN :mad:

AND thats how i feel and thats what i see.

May allah forgive us Muslims all!

Lander_girl speaks! redface.gif

Rahima   

Personally I would prefer that we as Somalis could work out our differences amongst ourselves without the intervention of foreigners. Realistically though, I realize that this is highly unlikely- if we could we would of have achieved peace by now.

However I feel that for there to be a deployment of foreign troops into Somalia, a few conditions must be met. The soldiers/countries MUST be Muslims, no Amxaaro at any cost and for their to be justice. There should be no targeting of one qabiil or group of people (such as SL) whilst turning a blind eye to another. Let’s not have another American fiasco (where the religious and one qabiil were generally targeted) for that would only jeopardize the trust of our people in the new government.

Often we read in these forums that the warlords of Mogadishu need to be disarmed, but I wonder, are the warlords only in Mogadishu? Disarmament needs to be of all warlords/fighters, including those in PL (I say this in only because it is where CY hails from and any favoritism would most likely be to them for this is only natural human discrimination- excluding the wadaado which he hates with a passion).