Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Now what ?

N.O.R.F   

Samigirl, i can see u as some sort of minister for S/land in the future, maybe foriegn affairs or something, yr no nonesense attitude will scare the lving day lights out of the anti s/land supporters!

Macalin   

Hambalyo to SILANYO(w***ver he is)..lol

Am happy and proud of the ppl of SOMLAND..am very happy that the incubent wasnt elected coz that dude was sooo into impressing the MAJORITY(am told we cannot say tribes in here)..THAT he will HAVE DONE anything to stop TALKS with the south!

Plus Silanyo is one of the MAJORity and that EVEN if he had talks with the south...he has his peaople to DEFEND him.

AS for SamiGAL---LITTLE KIDS ARE NOt ALLOWED TO SPEAK AROUND OLDER PPL..Now go do some important like studying for PSATS..will YA now

Macalin   

Holy MOSES..i said ..."WH-O ever he is"..and its was BEEPED!..BISINKA..just wanted to correct THA

dont want ppl to come knocking on ma door

On another note, my friend's father in Minneapolis has been advocating for the breakup of Somalia into 10 to 13 states. :D Some people are taking this silly idea to heart. The whole experience of chatting with him was actually eye-opening.

Libaax, i love your idea, but the ppl of waqooyi galbeed and togdheer, dont want let go sool sanaag and hawd. i would say, each county, or city should rule itself so that power is highly decentralized. i can never imagine anyone ruling taleex other than a dervishe!

Miriam1   

Dear lord, i am honestly not going to go around saying I have an extensive knowledge of Somali politics but i am learning. So here goes, this is my 2 cents smile.gif

I dont understand how some one could advocate further divison in our country, isnt there enough chaos as it is. I would like to know how 10-13 small states would be able to support themselevs economically(honeslty this is not a rhetorical quesiton).

Yes somaliland is a sucess story and God only knows how proud Iam, but yet as one country, we are unable to gain acceptance from the international community..will the small new states go through the same strife?..

In my opinion the idea of reunification should be in the back of everyone somalis head.

How is a divided somalia ever going to help us!? We are going to be nothing more than a few small third world african countries with no influence or power, subjected to economical and political changes in the world arena.

But has one strong unified Somalia we might be able to be somting in the world stage. Am I wrong?..Allah only knows..but i would hate to see us become any weaker..I still dont understand why we believe each other to be so different,so wat we have different ancestral roots, but at the end we are Somalis!

No one can change the past, but we have choice to either dwell on it or learn from it.

I think this idea of a divided Somalia would be dwelling on it.

Peace..i hope u guys understand somting from my rambling,

Humbly urs Ruba :D

Miriam1   

Sami..the only thing postive i can say about ur posts is the passion u have for Somaliland and that is admirable.

But if u want to put through a valid argument pls refrain from personal insults they are pointless.

Those are my personal view and i would expect u to respect them as i would to ur views.

If u bothered to read my earlier comments u would see that i did not advocate for re-unification, until the south is able to gain a certain amount of stability, otherwise re-unification now would be a death sentence to Somaliland.

Peace

Macalin   

Brotha Libax...are you serious abt that?

13 states?..its hard reconcialting this people on a simple issue like the presidency, what happens when one state (am assuming they will all have equal powers) invades another one-we all know this reer hhebel and that hebel never ends in somali culture!-it will be a total anarchy!

Like my dear sister ARUBA said, such an idea is not economically feasable, beleive me it will require 13 different central banks,13 different airports, 13 diff bullet manufacturing factories ..yu know where am goin with this..

and last but not LIST-what WORLD will allow 13 small conglomerate MUSLIM countries?..oh sure not this POST 9/11 world..if they cannt allow CHECHNIYAA and S/LAND...i don see a future REPUBLIC OF HIIRAAN

Reality check: S/land needs to realise THAT it WILL NEVER be recognised by the international community..and if they want revenge all they have to do is reconcile this warlords,assume the leadership,move the capital to hargeisa and move on with life!

SamiGAL..They teach somland kids TO CUSS at ppl?..even after getting 1200?..mhm

RaMpAgE   

salaam....

libax...good idea sxb..but i think the captial should stay even tho its still in a mess.

congrats too sland...even tho i think recongination will be very very hard too come by. it acutal reminds me the situations they kurds have been in for a long time.

Matkey   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Guys, I have to share this with you.

My friend's father in Minneapolis is advocating for the breakup of Somalia into 10 to 13 states. People are taking the idea to heart walaaahi. It was actually surprising to know that some former Somali ministers and many scholars are also pushing for the idea urgently.

LST, I think i heard my professor saying the something...Somali conflict can be solved by making it into bulding blocks. In fact UN has been endorsing this approach, because any other method (conflict management) has failed to entail peaceful resolution in Somalia. Is this our last resort to obtain some sort of stability? Can these blocks or entities become autonomous state?

thanks

Ameenah and Aruba, I think certain individuals dress up to make Somalilanders look really terrible. Every sensible Somalilander doesn't have to turn into X.Playa. Subhanalah.

SamiGyrl, It believe qabyaalad taken too much to heart can make one look feeble-minded, ignorant and dissolute to normal Somalis. Try to shun caustic clannish remarks on matters of political debate so as not be wasteful on that colorful "I am proud Somalilander” mantra of yours.

Insults will also get your in trouble with the staff here.