Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Qur'aan

Nur   

Nomads

Again on this thread, please read my deep insights on the meaning of Suratul Racd, in case you did not read it on the other thread.

Bismillah, wa salaatu wa salaamu calal mustafaa, wa calaa aalih wa saxbih wa sallim

Al Racd as all other surah's revealed in Makkah are addressed to our inner selves, our baseerah, our sixths sense of perception. Imagine how a an Arab person living in the desert back in tye sixth century would have felt when all in a sudden one of their won came with a radical view of life and death and beyond!

Before we can grasp the profound effect the quraan has marked and left in the Arab mind, we need to visit Arabia circa 600 AD.

Today we are going to take a walk in the back alleys of Makkah, its shops, we are going to visits their temples, we are going to listen to their poetry and live their lives in order to see how this man called Mohammed ( the praised one) has changed all of that in mere 23 years.

Please do your own imagination and when you are done read on.

Socially, Makka was the stronghold of the Quraish, a tribe that prides itself to be the decendants of Ishmael and Abraham, AS. Makkah was known as Ummul Quraa, the mother of all towns. The main attraction in Makkah was the Holy Kaaba, a building erected as a token of gratitude by Abraham and his son Ishmael after they have fulfilled Allah's commandments. Allah accepted their gift and made that place a center of worship for all of mankind for all of time.

The years that followed Makkah witnessed gradual changes that led a 360 degree departure of Abrahams's objective of devotion and worship of a single God, ironically, they were close to 360 Gods.

Quraish benefited a lot from this shrine as many pilgrims flocked to visit and worship their idols, business could never be better, and the new pilgrims brought with them their habits and ways of life to further corrupt Makkah and its inhabitants.

In such a society, prostitution was the norm, consumption of alcohol and gamblin the past time, slavery and oppression of the weak ( laan gaab) . law of the land.

Politically, the Arabs were divided among themselves, and every town had its own rulers, if you did not do injustice, you were the receiving side.

Suddenly, one day, a man known by Meccans, climbed a hill near a market and called on all Quraish clans by their names to gather for news, a gesture that was known to be like a CNN newsbreak of the times. As they gathered this man would ask them if they have any questiuon about his character and credibility, and the amazed listeners responded that they have always known him as the trustworthy ( al ameen)

This man, was Mohammed and this was the beginning of the end of history.

Now imagine the revelation of Al Racd verses being revealed in that backdrop of history, with a linguistic elenquence never matched and scientific and historic narrations that are so precsie, no one dared to refute.

Imagine the profound effect these verse would have on the social structure, political environment, class relations and business!

The stakes were high, so Qurasih bribed this man with beautiful women if he would stop this new radical concept. They would offer to be their king, and even to send him to the psyciatrist if he was possessed by the jinn. He tells them that if they gave him the sun and the moon on his palms, he would not stop his casue.

Now we read

ALIF LAAM MIIM RAA

These were the components and letters of the Arabic language, the secret of this code is only known to Allah SWT.

These are indeed the verses of the Book, and waht has been revealed to you ( Mohamed) from your Lord are the Truth, but most people do not believe.

The author of this written book being the same as the author of the astonishing book of nature around you, the designer and originator of the universe and its captivating flawless structure without any visible columns that support the blue membrane hovering over our heads that gives us the protection from the radiation of outer space. Who made the sun and the moon that we see every day work for us to sustain life on earth creating the tides, rain, seasons, greenery and crops. Imagine if your power company charged you for these services? a power service more reliable than California's energy companies and much cheaper than Kaaraans diesel generator one lamp per house hold rates.

What amazes me in these verses is how these seemingly separate verses are well connected if we pay close attention to their structure.

As we have noted previously, the beginning of the Surah was the secret code of Alif Laam Miim Raa, letters that only Allah SWT knows what they stand for. Allah SWT tells us that these verses are part of the book that was revealed from Allah SWT, and the fact that this revelation is indeed the truth from Allah SWT yet most people are bent on disbelief about their origin.

Interestingly, the same author of this great book happens to be the author of the larger three dimensional book of life and the universe that surrounds us. What a good feeling then to know the awesome wisdom and power of Allah SWT and his kindness to us by honoring us with such words of wisdom to show us how insignificantly small we are compared to the visible universe of some 128 Billion Galaxies, each containing billions of stars of all sizes, planets and satellite clouds, moons and heavenly bodies. Not even counting the dark matter suspended between the visible spectrum, possibly containing more matter than our meager telsecopes can capture.

The author of this book is so wise that he has separated the canopy of gases that protect us from harmful solar rays , separating it from the surface of the earth on which we are born, grow and die. That beautiful blue membrane filter lets useful Solar rays penetrate to provide heat, rain, rivers, vegetation and food, while the moon provides light and decoration in addition to a guidance milestone and the tides that help the oceans absorb necessary gasses for the living colors beneath acting as a giant biological filtration system for the biosphere we call home. canopy at the same time blocking harmful rays and in doing so supporting this canopy with invisible pillars that keep the gasses float to form a sophisticated roof over our heads. Allah SWT did all of that and more than we can imagine without getting tired and afterwards he was well placed on top of his throne, marking his absolute power and wisdom which dwarfs our meager intelligence and imagination. But today, we can see with our other eyes of science and technology what the Arabs could not see 1400 years ago with their bare eyes, we can see the planet us a whole, As Somalis, we can see the horn of Africa the place where our abcestoral parents called home, grazing their camels, and living their simple life that was so much dependent on the natural elements of sun and moon, a amgnificnet duo who play the revolving role of day and night " Yughsiil leilaa nahaara" we can further take off from our homes in Somalia to the ends of the planet, or the edge of the universe with ease from the comfort of our living rooms, watching TV programs like Discovery Channnel, we can visit the rainforest and its exotic biosphere, the savannah and the survival of the fittest, the tundra and the grizzly bears, deserts and the the animals that live in a 50 plus tempreture environment creatures like the camel and snakes, the icy poles and the toxedo dressed penguins, oceans and rivers, volcanoes, underneath aquifers and more all of them testifying unity of Allah with their diversity a non challengeable testaments of the greatness of Allah SWT and a sign post reading : " So You May be certain of your eventual and assured reunion with your ceator" to be questioned of what we have done with the opportunity that was granted to us and the natural furniture we were given as a means of meeting our duties to our maker.

Now, that is not all, the surah hits yet on another amazing scientificly natural occurence, the shape of our planet, a fact not well known by Arabs or non Arabs at the time, Allah SWT explains how he sustains life on earth, begining with the ideal shape and spacial location of our planet which is suspended in the milky way, a planet that is so well positioned from the distance of the sun on an elliptical path that provides for a temprature range that sustains life on earth, creatuing the seasons, and the suspension of gasses that are needed like oxygen and nitrogen , just the right mixture to sustain life, yet not creating explosions if the 21 percent content of oxygen was surpassed.

With the diversity that we have discussed, Allah says " Wa huwa alladee maddal arda" " It is he who had extended the earth", meaning that the extension of the earth to all directions maximizing the surface area requires a spherical shape, but with that extension and expansion, Allah SWT placed on the surface of our planet peaks and valleys so gravity can do its work along with the temprature in creating flowing rivers and pastures necessary for sustaining life on earth, in the form of fruits and the food chain, Allah created pairs, of so that each creature Allah SWT creates finds its allotted Rizq share and play its role and purpose willingly in the case of Muslims, or unwillingly in the case of the unbelievers.

Wht did I say so much explaining the fisrt three verses of Suratul Al Racd:

Becoause they are " Ayyatin liqowmin yatafakaruun"

they are milestones for a folk who use their heads to think about the meaning of creation and life so that home in to apprecaiate and love their maker enough to worship him as he deserves.

To be continued..............................

Nur

Nur   

An Apology To Nurtel Audience.

Brothers and Sisters

Please accept my deep apology for not being able to complete the task that I promised you all, to explain Suratul Racd, the Thunder in DETAIL.

You see walaaloyaal, as i sat one day to organize my thoughts to expolain the first three verses, I realized how huge the job is, I will miss out on many other commitments for Ramadan, commitments, I may not be able to complete what I set out to do.

So, please keep the discussion up, I will respond, and let everyone share their insights, because knowlegde is NOOR, and ignorance is darkness.

I want to hear your feedback on the first 3 verses of Al Racd,

Nur

Nur   

Nomads

Time to remind each other to read Quraan

A Nurtel past edition:

Quraan is a book of Barakah, meaning abundant good, overfolowing knowledge and increasing horizons of wisdom, there are secrets to discover, and lofty goals to reach, because every Barakah in this world that one can attained in this life and the next can only be reached by following the guidance of the Quraan. Likewise, every misery, and worry are the result of keeping Quraan out of sight and mind.

What the Quraan says about the Quraan

1. Quraan is a healing and Mercy

" And we reveal (portions) of the Quraan which are a cure and mercy for the believers, (while) it does not add to but more of a loss for those who do injustice" Suurah Israa, 82

2. Quraan is Guidance and light

"Allah guides through (Quraan) those who follow his pleasure, peaceful paths, helping them scape from darkness toward light" Suurah Maaedah, 16

3. Quraan is Good News

" This Quraan does indeed guide towards the rightest (0f every issue), and breaks good news to the believers who are busy doing good deeds, that they have (indeed earned) a great reward" Israa, 9

4. Quraan is Wisdom

" And hence we recite for you some of the verses and the wise reminder" Suurah Aal Imraan, 58

5. Quraan is a counsel

" Counsel (them) with Quraan he who is fearful of my (punishment)promise" Suurah Qaaf, 45

"O people, an advice from your Lord has indeed been delivered to you (which is) healing for your consciuosness, a guidnace and mercy for the believers" Younis 57

6. Quraan is a spirit and Life

"And so forth do we have revealed to you a spirit(revelation) of our concern" Suurat Al Shuuraa, 52

Quraan and the Sunnah on:

The importance of studying Quraan

" Say, (to the unbelievers) Allah and he who has knowledge of the Book should be sufficient as a witness(s) between us" Suurah Al Raad, 43

The Prophet SAWS said, " Best among you is he who studied Quraan and (then) teaches " Reported By Bukhaari

The Importance of the Recitation of Quraan

" Those who recite the Book of Allah, who have established regular prayers, and in private or in public have spent part of the sustenance we have provided for them, these shall (rightfully) hope for a business that will never go bancrupt" suurah Faatir 29

The Prophet SAWS said " Read the Quraan, because (Quraan) will come in the day of judgement as an advocate for his companions" Reported by Muslim

The prophet SAWS also said " the(person who) has no Quran in his inner realm, is like a destroyed home" Reported by Tirmidhi

The prophet SAWS said " Whoever reads a letter of the Book of allah, erns a Hasanah ( unit reward ), and a Hasanah will be multiplied tenfolds, I do not say ALM is a letter, rather Alif, is a letter, Laam is a letter, and Meem is a letter " Reported by Tirmidhi.

Nur

Nur   

Benefits of Quran, reading and memorizing

A Past Nurtel Post:

Here are some benefits of memorizing Quraan

1. Quraan keeps you in check (Alert)

2. Quraan puts happiness in your heart

3. Quraan frees you from your worries

4. Quraan teaches you your deen

5. Quraan increases your awareness of the day of judgement

6. Quraan makes you in line with Allah's commandments

7. Quraan explains the essence of life, explains your purpose of existence and role as human. Others live and do not figure out the purpose of life until they are dead.

8. Reading Quraan earns you hasanaat, and these Hasanaat, pay for your bad deeds, thus reducing them, and when your bad deeds are reduced, your problems go away, because your problems the price for your sins. When your problems go away, good things happen to you and joy fills your life.

9. Quraan is a garden, Quraan is the paradise on earth, those who fail to pick and smell this gardens flowers, will fail to enter the paradise in the next life. Quraan in the next life can either be your advocate or adversay, choose to make Quraan your companion in this life, so Quraan can be your advocate in aakhira.

10. Those who memorize the entire Quraan are elevated to the highest ranks in Paradise.

Said all of that, here is my advice:

1. Memorizing the Whole Quraan is not a must, but the more you memorize, the higher your rank in Jannah, so make your goal first to secure the memorization of what you have already memorized. Memorizing new verses is not obligatory, but neglecting what you have memorized is a sin.

2. Once you have secured those, make intention with Ikhlaas, to begin your journey to memorize the Quraan, in case you die with this intention, and have taken concrete steps toward your goal, you are entitled to the entire reward. The Niyah of a believer is better than her mere deeds.

3. Begin with the short Suraah's . They are easier, more rythem and rhyme, bundles of wisdom, and picturesque description of our final home, or jail.

4. Memorize when you have the most alert mind, best time is right after Fajr prayer, and start slow. An aayah a day will make you a haafiza in twelve years, and as you increase the pace, the years will decrease. A dear friend of mine memorized the entire Quraan in six months's, because he was driven.

5.Find a person to memorize Quraan together and to support each other, it is very helpful to plan together with a friend or two, to memorize together (Subcis) specially weekends for an entire Juzz (subcis).

6. Try to read the verses you have memorized in all of your salaats, to secue them, read them even in Zuhr, and Asr.

7. Make sure, that you keep away from nonesense, Quraan is a serious business, do not mix it with GHAFLAH, or you may risk being like donkey carying books.

8. Most importantly, MAKE DUAA TO ALLAH TO HELP YOU IN YOUR DESIRE TO BECOME A HAAFIDATUL QURAAN. THE HIGHEST RANK IN JANNAH IS RESERVED FOR THE Group descriped ( ANCAMTA CALETHIM, they include, Prophets, Sideeqeen, Shuhadaa, Saalixeen, and HUFAADHUL QURAAN. With this duaa every day, Allah will manifest the circumstances that allow you to gain this high rank.

Subxaanakallaahumma, laa ilaaha illaa anta, nastaghfiruka wa natuubu ileika.

Nur

2004 Nurtel Softwaano Series

The art of taking care of the Heart

Muhammad   

Asalamu Alaykum dear akhi Nur

I hope you are in good health and Iman.

I just came online, saw this thread of yours, and picked up my Quran and started reading. Thanks for your reminders!

Jazakallahu Khair!

salaam - peace!

Blessed   

Nur great topic walaal...haven't got round to reading it all.

I personally returned to reading the Quraan this Ramadan - I have read many books but nothing compares to this Quraan - theres a hadeeth that says one when learns about the deen Allah sends angels to bless him/her! Try it nomads, it the best feeling on earth - and it's so describtive that you feel and see everything that is being mentioned in the Quran.. Subxan Allah!

Nur, I watch this programme called Prabbles (sp) In the Quraan that comes on Iqra - where Young Muslims talk about lessons taught in Surah's each week - It would be nice if we did that sort of thing in SOL - beneficial and we'll get alot of reward for it .... what do you think folks?

Got get back 2 work- sorry but my post is a lil rushed!!

Nur   

Ameenah sis

you write:

" Nur, I watch this programme called Prabbles (sp) In the Quraan that comes on Iqra - where Young Muslims talk about lessons taught in Surah's each week - It would be nice if we did that sort of thing in SOL - beneficial and we'll get alot of reward for it .... what do you think folks? "

You know what, this is a great idea, I always thought of a Quran Club here on Somalioanline, imagine a club that begins on this page and spreads like wild fire in few years, her is the motivation.

The Club:

Quran reading and understanding club

The membership: open to all Nomads who can aceess the Forums or their families by proxy.

The duties:

1. Each and every Nomad pledges to read a number of verses of Quraan on a daily basis, will report the progress to an online mentor in the Club.

2. Will report on a monthly basis 3 main lessons that helped her/him so it si shared ny others. etc.

3. Will recruit at least two members per month to join the Quran Club.

Now if we start this club with 3 members, in one month we have 6, 12, 24, ...... or n*2, so at the end of 12 months we are a 24 member strong club, and that is the lowest of my expectations.

Now, if you join early, you get a credit like the pyramid schemes ( AMWAY), you get a reward from Allah for all people who join and read Quraan, that way, whenever someone you hepled reads Quraan, you get an equivalent reward to theirs.

This is the initial thought, let me knwo of your opinions.

Nur

Thank you very much Nur for the wonderful topic. I loved all your posts and I hope you keep up with the good work.

I absolutely agree with your idea. It's great, and I know that will motivate me to read more of the Quran, inshallah. I'm ashamed to say that in my years on earth I have read thousands of books yet I have not finished the Quran yet. Istaqfurullah. If I have concentrated on the quran as much as i have on my school work..... i would have memorized it over and over again.

May Allah bestow his blessing upon you and your family Nur for all the good you do.

Assalaamu Alaikum

Nur   

Femmme Fatale

Jazaakellaahu Khairan sis, May Allah bless you, I have just posted an inspiration piece about the reason we do not take our job as Servants of Allah SWT seriously, if we dont take our job seriously we can get FIRED, literally, so we need to come to our senses, and ponder, what is our real Job on earth?

Nur

Cisaam   

Salaamu clykum Nomads

Nur i just came online and read this beatiful topic and undoubtably this topic is the best.

Quran is beatiful and you can only feel and know how beatiful quran is when you know you understand it fully and learn its meanings.

Nur may allah reward you and i please continue the good work and remember you are not doing for others but for the sake of God.

Muhammad   

Warsameh - enough with your deceats please!

can you stick your questions/ on the Islam-Christianity Forum!

Wa'Salaam!

Salax u diin,

You said:

"can you stick your questions/ on the Islam-Christianity Forum!"

My response is: The "Islam-Christianity Forum" was deleted by a moderator/admin!

That is why I am forumless now wondering around!

By the way, I just asked one question about the Qur'aniyiin and you call that a deceit?

Brother Warsameh

Originally posted by Salax u diin:

Warsameh - enough with your deceats please!

can you stick your questions/ on the Islam-Christianity Forum!

Wa'Salaam!

Nur   

Nomads

I must share with you that I found reading Quraan among other things as a healing for fcommon flu, as I started to make tarteel ( Reading Of Quraan) , my voice cleared up noticeably, and the coughs subsided, I get more coughs when I am in bed resting than making Sallaat, moral of story: If you get sick, dont skip your Quraan, by reading Quraan you will expedite the healing inshaAllah.

Nur

Khayr   

Originally posted by Nur:

Nomads

I must share you that I found reading Quraan among other things as a healing for flu, as I started to male tarteel, my voice cleared up aND THE coughs subsided notoceble, I get more coughs when I am in bed that making Sallaat, moral of story: If you get sick, dont skip your Quraan

Nur

In need, the Quran is a Shifaaca...

If I need to concentrate or calm myself or having anxiety and/or stress about an issue, I find reading the quran just brings tranquilty and reassurance-Alhamdulillah.