Sign in to follow this  
money

Hats off for the Guriceel Matabaan Heroes

money   

I just had an opportunity today to be part of a conference call to Guriceel by group of Somalis from all walks of life and all Somali regions: Students, elders, sisters, religious men and women, professionals, refugees, business owners, you name it. It was open for all event organized by some Diaspora group. We listened to first source reports detailing of how the occupation troops came to Guriceel, where they camped, what was their intention, why they came and what was their plan; how they wanted to bribe and threat the elders of the town, how the elders shunned and how people were displaced, the fighting strategy, how they were not allowed to even have a rest, how the fighting started and continued till the occupiers couldn't take the heavy and coordinated assaults of the Somali fighters and how at the end they just backed and fled.

The source told us a lot of stuff but two stood out and impressed me the most.

First Somalis are technologically savvy and were monitoring every Ethiopian movement through cell-phones, through text-messaging and guess what? through MSN messanger! There must be an internet connection in Beledweyne, Guriceel and so on.

Second, he said there were many Somali fighters from all over the regions, as far as Burco, Las Caanood, Garoowe, Abduwaaq, Cadaado and Ceelbuur.

I think someone made a record of the whole tele-conference and hopefully they will broadcast on some Somali site, even though there were people against that idea. We will see since I was not part of the decision-makers but a mere participant.

The struggle continues and victory is near!

RedSea   

Masha Allah that is refreshing news.

Originally posted by money:

Second, he said there were many Somali fighters from all over the regions, as far as Burco, Las Caanood, Garoowe, Abduwaaq, Cadaado and Ceelbuur.

^This may come as a suprise to some.

money   

Man he mentioned so many Somali cities that i forget like Waajid, Xamar and so on. But it was my first time to hear some one from that part of Somalia as a first source. Usually I meet these bozos who exaggerate and add their flavor and then promote it as the right version. There is this factory worker in our building who daily tell me stuff like he was in Mogadishu and was a present witness to some fighting. This was totally different. I also had my own reservations about the whole conference call. They do wire-tap all incoming and outgoing phone communications in Somalia through some base in Djibouti. I heard a lot of Somalis in Virginia and D.C. area were contracted by L3 to spy on Somalis in the Horn.

RedSea   

Hey money,

did he mentioned hargeysa or baligabdle(:

Che,

Haa dad ayaa waxkale uhaysto. Dad ayaa waxay umaleeyaan in somali aysan is caawin karin marka cadow shisheeya lala dagaalayo iyagoo kala ra'yi siyaasadeed ah.

saaxib, that was an stup1d thread meant to rejoin the constant nac nac argument that mr. xiinfanin and other bring to the table. But nay.

It's not about being technologically savvy, it is about how extremists all over the world take advantage of the modern technological resources to carry out their suicdal operatons.

We're not even aware of this grave danger of terror-networks :D

Technology Review

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Extremist Islamic groups have come to value the Internet so much for its ability to spread their message that some have said the keyboard is as important as a Kalashnikov rifle, a report for Congress says.

The report, to be presented Thursday to the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, says terrorists have increased their use of the Internet to make their activities faster, cheaper and more secure.

Use of the Internet for communications, propaganda and research has grown to include recruitment and training, says the report prepared by a panel of experts brought together by George Washington University's Homeland Security Policy Institute and the University of Virginia's Critical Incident Analysis Group.

The report found that terrorists have used the Internet in a variety of new ways, including:

--''Dead drops'': An e-mail message is saved as a draft rather than being sent. Anyone with access can log in and read the message, but it is less likely to be intercepted by authorities.

--''Parasiting'': Training manuals can be hidden deep inside seemingly innocent subdirectories on legitimate Web sites.

--Research: Terrorists can research potential targets online, using both text and imagery.

--Fundraising: Terrorists can launch their appeals for donations anonymously online.

The study noted that Internet chat rooms have replaced meetings in mosques, community centers and coffee shops, which makes recruitment more difficult to detect and disrupt.

The Internet has served as a vehicle for spreading the radical message of a clash of civilizations that pits a monolithic West struggling against Islam since the time of the Crusades, the report says. This theme particularly resonates with disaffected Muslim youth.

''The 'killer application' of the Internet is not so much its use as a broadcast tool but its function as a communications channel that links people in cyberspace, who then meet and can take action in the physical world,'' the report says.

The report lists examples of Internet-driven radicalization. This is defined as the process of adopting an extremist belief system, including the willingness to use or support violence to foment social change.

As an example, it said Hassan Abujihaad, an American-born Muslim formerly known as Paul R. Hall, was arrested in March and charged with disclosing secret information about the location of Navy vessels to terror groups. Prosecutors said he had been in contact with extremists online and had ordered videos promoting violent jihad.

The train bombings in Madrid of March 2004 were committed by terrorists from North Africa who were not directly linked to al-Qaida but shared its ideology. The Internet played a role in promoting extremist ideology within the group, according to the report.

The report says the Internet has speeded the radicalization of young people, citing the disrupted plot in summer 2006 to bomb airliners bound for the United States.

They went ''from what would appear to be ordinary lives in a matter of some weeks and months, not years, to a position where they were allegedly prepared to commit suicide and murder thousands of people,'' London Police Chief Ian Blair said.

The report also found that the anonymity of the Web can lead to people expressing more violence than they actually feel, with repetition and enthusiasm steadily increasing. There is also a primary focus on youth.

''Web sites are often flashy and colorful, apparently designed to appeal to a computer savvy, media-saturated, video game-addicted generation,'' said the report.

One site featured a game called ''Quest for Bush'' in which the player fights Americans and proceeds to different levels like ''Jihad Growing Up'' and ''Americans Hell.'' Other sites include rap and hip-hop music.

The report notes a number of strategies have been launched in various countries, including Web sites for moderate Muslims and orders issued by Muslim leaders denouncing violence.

It concludes that a stronger counterstrategy is needed, possibly including the use of graphic visuals such as footage of dead children and images of other innocent victims of terrorism. ''Distasteful as this may be to invoke, the power of visuals is profound,'' the report states.

Source: Technology Review

RedSea   

Adeer I believe you should be banned. you have gone to extreme levels that cannot be tolerated. You are promoting ani Islamic sentiment in a Muslim site. This is beyond what we have expected of you people.

Libaax please ban him.

Malika   

^I didnt see anything inflamatory in that article,he has posted an article about a report by the bush admistration!,its always good to know what your enemy know about you..so mahaan?

so your call for Koora to be banned seemed abit over the top dont you think so?

Adiguu Koora,why did you post that article in this thread?? :confused:

RedSea   

^walal you dont' understand. the man believes wholeheartedly what he just posted. He didn't posted it out of the blue. It's based on his believe that Muslims who struggle againt the oprresion of powerful regimes is an act of terrorism. Read the his first post in this thread.

RedSea   

^Che,

Does that mean you can bash Muslim then?

It clearly says in the rules that this site doesn't tolerate anti Islamic posts. People are being banned for foul language, qabiil mentionings, why not for bashing Muslims.

money   

Brother Ceyroow; Forums are free and banning is bad. I don't subscribe to these extreme absolutism ...of my way or the highway ..or you are either with us or with the enemy...let us leave that to Bush and his buddy Bin-Laden.

Everyone should be free to think how they want, to believe what they want. That is the beauty of freedom and diversity. people shouldn't be banned because they think differently.

As for Koora, without personally attacking him, I think he is part of statistics and manifestation of our divisive clannish primitivism. He supports a warlord or a petty politician from his clan enclave. the clan allegiance is more important to a lot of people than say... Islam, or Somalia.

Some Somalis worship Qabiil as deity and practice Qabyaalad as a religion. Some are now waking up to the destructive consequences of this blind adherence to these backward tribal practices after maybe doing some needed soul searching or just using their God-given intellectual endowments and faculties. I hope a lot of us do the same and use our brain cells than our instinctive emotions.

As for the use of technology, Americans use laser-guided missiles to kill, maim and obliterate innocent and helpless mothers and children in many parts of the world, namely Iraq, Afghanistan and even in Somalia, then call it collateral damage as their lives meant nothing or they were not as human enough as the average American Joe or Jane.

That to me is an extremely and gravely more dangerous act to carry genocidal government-sponsored terrorism on poor people...taking advantage of modern technology.

Bashing Islam is the western News media outlets' job ... and the subliminal messages from these sources sometimes effect those who religiously consume it and refer to it as they were pure and absolute, fair and balanced fact!!