Sign in to follow this  
soldier_of_allah

a short lecture by me inshahallah may u benefit from it

O you who believeâ€

This is a reminder for me and you, alhamdulilaah by the grace of allah islam is spreading rapidly, through the mercy of allah many youths are renewing their islam, I want to thank allah for all the good that he makes us do and seek refuge in him from all the evils we do against ourselves. All praise is for Allah the king of mankind lord of all that exists to him belongs everything the east the west and all in between, Allah la illaha ila huwa the one irresistible he is as his attributes say he is.

My dear brothers and sisters this writing is merely a reminder for us, many of you may already know what I will soon talk about so inshahallah may allah make it easy for you and I to revise the little ilm he has bestowed upon us, for those of you who don’t know may allah bless you for taking the time to get to know and may he ta’ala make it easy for u to lock down and implement on this newly found knowledge (amin).

The reason for my writing this article is to seek Allah’s pleasure by not with holding knowledge and sharing with you everything and anything beneficial

Allah in his book many times gives us clear answers to all that will be asked of us in the next life, this world is a life long test, but when one has the questions on his left side and the answers on his right we all expect this individual to pass (yea he will most definitely pass) we think in our mind however if he was to fail we will look at this as the most dumbest human being on the face of the earth,

The reality is today many people are failing infact plenty and the sad part is they don’t even realise,

How fair Allah is not only do we have the questions but he also gave us the answers, so on judgement day we can be better prepared, this test is the most important test we will have to take and the results will evidently give us its due reward.

Allah says: â€remember me in yourself and I to will remember you in my self†many people do not remember Allah and hence are going far astray.

They forget Allah so Allah forgot them Allah says: “and be not like those who forget Allah (i.e. became disobedient to him) and he caused them to forget their own selves (let them forget to do righteous deeds) (al-hashr 19)

Dhikr (remembrance of Allah) is very important and also beneficial whilst reading the quran a person with true faith will find their hearts at rest because the best of speeches is the speech of Allah, if a person wants to talk to Allah he/she prays likewise they want Allah to talk to them they read the qur’an

Luqman the wise said “remember two things remember Allah and the hereafter….â€

By reflecting on this we should realise that only through dhikr we will acknowledge our purpose of life and then prepare for the next life, when the trumpet is blown on judgement day “ the day when man shall remember all that his he strove for†(79:35

“Then shall each soul know what it has sent forward†(82:5)

“Verily you have been warned of a penalty near†(78:40)

My brothers and sisters in Islam, this is a clear warning and there are many ayahs/verses like it we should ask Allah to guide us, we should remember him for he then will remember us,

It is nothing but ignorance that keeps us away from dhikr, many people blame shaytan my self included once upon a time, but the truth is shaytan has no power or control over us Allah subhana wata’ala says in surah Ibrahim verse 22:

“ When the matter is decided iblis/shaytan will say: “verily Allah has promised u a

Promise of truth and I to promised, but I betrayed you, I had no authority over you

Except that I called you and you listened to me, so blame me not but blame your

Self’s, I cannot help you nor can you help me, I reject your former act of you

Worshiping me along with Allah (i.e. obeying me in the life of the world)

Verily for the wrong doers (zalimun) there is a grievous torment)

Subhanallah can you imagine your worst enemy speaking so sincerely the truth and saying this to you what will you do?

In the akhira/hereafter nothing but in the world everything,

Seek refuge in Allah from iblis and his evil whispers, remember Allah for when you do you will hasten to do good and abstain from evil, shaytan cries when he sees the son of Adam prostrate surely this is something to ponder over,

This world is a race for mankind you either fail or you succeed no in betweens “not equal are the dwellers of the fire and the dwellers of the paradise it is the dwellers of the paradise that will be successful†(al-hashr-20)

But many people are still heedless and their mind is dried out of intelligence Allah says: “o man! What has made you careless from your lord most generous†(82:6)

Indeed this a very good question from one all supreme all high all merciful (Allahu akbar)

Let not your desires, friends, worldly life veil your intellect from striving or pondering over the important things “the mutual rivalry for piling up (the good things of this world) diverts you (from the more serious things) (102:1)

Inshahallah seek refuge in Allah from been like those who forgot him because such people will never prosper, look to your deeds because your deeds define who you really are for there is no action but by intention,

“Truly man to his lord is ungrateful and to that he bears witness by his deeds†(100:6-7)

Ask your self about your deeds the best way is to ponder over your actions for that day, then whatever good that you did ask Allah to accept it and whatever bad you did ask Allah for forgiveness that way if death comes to you that night you die as one who repented (what have you got to lose?) Allah has “…warned you of a penalty near the day when man shall see (the deeds) which his hands have sent forth†(78:40)

To those of you who are constantly wrong doing do not let the piling up of your sins cause you depression from repenting do you not know that guilt is the 1st step to repentance do you not no how much Allah loves a slave who is constantly repenting it is none other than shaytan who makes you feel like this do not let the cursed one make you waste an opportunity to repent.

No that there is to come a day when your eyes hands legs thighs feet and all your other limbs will bear witness against you, we are walking evidence against our own selves Allah subhana wata’ala says in the qur’an “do you wish to offer Allah a manifest (clear) proof against yourselvesâ€(4:144)

Inshahallah think about this question and then answer it to your self.

May Allah guide us to the straight path the path of those whom he favoured, may he gather us with the Allah-fearing righteous people to whom will be said “o you the one in complete rest and satisfaction come back to your lord well pleased and well pleasing on to him enter you amongst my honoured slaves ENTER YOU MY PARADISE†(89:27-30)

They are those who remembered their lord lying sitting and standing, who worshipped Allah and balanced their faith through hope and fear, who hasten in doing righteous deeds.

Blessed be you Allah for you have not created this world without purpose

O Allah establish 1 Muslim state who will abide by your law and who will be an example to other Muslim states

O my lord unite the ummah as 1 ummah verily your help is near please through you mercy change the conditions within our selves for indeed a small part of your mercy is enough to forgive the greatness of or sins.

(Amin)

What ever happened to that golden age when Muslims were filled with vibrant faith I wonder?

Our way of life (Islam) is a clear proof of true equality, solid unity and a universal brotherhood recognise.

Wasalama alaykum warahmatulaah wabarakatu

Jazzakallah qair for reading and May you benefit from this reminder may Allah perfect our worship and guide us to the way most pleasing to him amin

Your sister in Islam

Nur   

Jundullah

You write:

" They are those who remembered their lord laying down on their sides , sitting and standing, who worshipped Allah and balanced their faith through hope and fear, who hasten in doing righteous deeds .

You know bro, nothing puts happiness in our lives better than Dhiker of Allah, ( It is even more pleasurable than the feeling of the runners high one gets after running 13 miles and then stops to rest to drink a chilled bottle of Gatorade )the more I make dhiker, the happier I get, sometimes I wonder, is it just me, or other Nomads are also enjoying their pleasure with the Dhiker, but they are keeping it to themselves?

Whenever something goes wrong in my life, the first thing I check is my Dhiker connection, just like a dedicated DSL line, the minute that line goes down, with it other services go down, and thats when I hurry to restablish the connection, because , if there is one thing to remember in your life, we should remember Allah SWT, that way, Allah will kindly remind us what is important to us, because He said " Remember Me, I will remember you". Thus, Dhiker is the important connection betwen us, the needy, and Allah SWT the Rich , remembering Allah makes us feel connected to Allah in a special way, when others are not connecting with Allah, and I know I am the only person remembering and hymining His praise in a room, I feel very special, wallahi I feel great.

We can integrate Dhiker into our lives, because the Messenger of Allah SAWS left for us a rich legacy (Sunnah) to emulate which revolves around Allah's rememberance which influences our Character to become benevolent for his creatures through good etiquette ( Xusnul Khuluq) that can be found in the rememberence of Allah SWT only.

When we are in a public place and want to make Dhiker, say, like a Doctors office and everyone is quiet reading Old editions of Readers Digest or National Geographic, and you do not want them to notice that you are hymning, the best Dhiker to make that will not make your liups move is :

" Laa Ilaaha Illaa Allah" try it, you can do it with your lips closed. and the pleasure begins.

Remembering Allah SWT is so pleasureable and refershing like the garden of Eden, said Sheikh Ibnul Qayim al Jawziyyah, the person who does not eneter the Paradise of Dhiker, will not eneter the Paradise of Eden.

So, why is it that Dhiker, being the most appreciated activity by Allah that we can do for the least effort for the most return, and still, we fail to find the time for it?

it beats me, can any Nomad tell me why?

Nur

Brother nur i can not speak for anyone else.... but for me bro, is that first i really didnt know who Allah was.... i cant remember that which i dont know.... and when i started to learn who Allah really was.... then it was even harder to remember allah because my mind was preoccupied with music/sports/girls/how to look cool/ how to impress this person and that person/ cant forget school/ When my heart is occupied with other matter, there is no room left for the rememberance of allah! The only cure for me was to boycott this world and and focus on the hereafter.... By allah the difference it has made in my life is unexplainable!

Nur   

Salafi Bro

Soldier of Allah mentioned the advice of the wiseman to his son:

" Ithnaani laa tansaahumaa" Two never forget, Alah and the Hereafter, because by rembering Allah we gain his love, and fear, which are like the wings of a bird that balance its flight path to be straught, and by remembring the Herafter like you said, we find a purpose for doing everything, because even if it is as small as an atom of good or bad, in the hereafter, we shall see it, then be compensated to the fullest.

The wise man also said, " Ithnaani laa tadhkurhumaa" Two things do not remember; The good you do for people, and the evil things they reciprocate for ytour goodness. Because we should do good for Allah, not for people, like Allah SWT said in Quraan about the righteous people " Laa nuriidu minkum jazaa'an wa laa shukuuraa" we do not expect or want from you reward or appreciation"

Nur

Kowneyn   

Dhikrullaah and Sallawaat cala rasuul scws are the key.

Two salafis talking like sufis, who said miracles can't happen smile.gif

Kowneyn

Are Humans "essentially" selfish creatures. In this life is it ultimately about how "I" can obtain salvation and how "I" can avoid damnation. Is it possible to worship Allah not of fear of Hellfire or want of Paradise, but to worship Him, as it were, because of "Him", out of sheer love. Is not the latter rationale more worthy of the Human "essence". Are Humans such that they are "existential" beings who can not ascend into greater heights; namely, the higher hieghts of ontologly? of existence?

There was this beautiful arabic poem that engendered the meaning of the precedeing statments. Ah! it escapes me.... (laa jannatan uriidu walaa naaran akhaafu...)

With Salaams

PK

Nur   

Kowneyn

Miracles do happen, and i am praying for you, and me.

Mutakallim

You have raised a great point, the driver of our worship of Allah SWT.

What are the proper drivers of worship of AllaH SWT?

Because the worship of Allah is the essence of the creation, it is a permanent activity that we are expected to perform, and because humans are always ever changing due to moods, surroundings, maturity level, clarity of vision, The answer to this question can be handled rather well if we categorise the answer in a structered way.

Worship is an activity that we do to seek Allah SWT pleasure, in order to secure ourselves from punishment ( first priority ), succeed to win rewards ( second priority ) through gaining His Love ( Ultimate Goal ), Worship is a show of our dependence and surrender to Allah, the drivers for wosrhip at any given instance in our lives can change, and the format of that worship changes with accordingly.

The drivers of worship ( Love of Allah, Fear of His punishment and Hope of His Reward ) are dependent on the bahaviour we are most likely to display, and these behaviours are likely to change:

1. In Terms of the Stages of Our Life:

At different stages in our lives, drivers to obey Allah SWT change with the behaviour that is easiest for us. As a teen, our behaviour is more like rebels without a cause, accordingly, the fear of Allah becomes the likely driver for the worship of Allah SWT, as people grow up ( and some never do ), and they become adults, they are in their prime time in their lives, their lives are rich, their mental aptitude is at the epitome, their driver for the worship of Allah SWT is evenly divided beween fear, as they are periodically in temptation to cross the red light, and the love of Allah SWT, for their appreciation of the Nicmah ( goodness that Allah SWT blessed them with ), at the latter stage of the human experience, when the person sucessfully came through life, and is aging gracefully, they are more likely to do good for the Love of Allah SWT, that is why we see philanthrpists make Waqf of their wealth for Allah's sake by helping the poor and assisting the needy.

2. In terms of our instantaneous personal moods and conditions

As Humans, our moods vary form an hour to hour, day to day , month to month and year to year, we are never the same person all the time,we constantly grow and change, if anything is permanenent in our lives, its our desire to be better through change. Our mood changes can be triggered by internal factors such as sheer hormonal changes in the case of the sisters, and external factors that I will discuss later, as our moods change, our emotions and attitudes change, we may display arrogance, pride, anger, humility, kindness, worry, happiness, love or fear. So, the ideal format of worship of Allah SWT will be corrresponding to our moods.

Worship, means the combination of Love, Surrender and Submission, as I have previously discussed in the meaning of (Ilaah, God).

So, when our attitude is changing by displaying anger or arrogance, and we walk with pride, our heads above the clouds, the Fear of Allah SWT can be the dampening mechanism, Allah SWT says: " Thumma dhahaba ilaa ahlihi yatamataa, Awlaa laka fa awlaa, ... Ayaxsabul insaanu an yutraka sudan " Meaning, .. Then (Man) goes to his family walking jestfully with Pride, .....Does man think that he/she will be left alone unaccounted for his/her (bad)deeds?

When we are penny-pinching, and forget all about the poor and needy, the fear of our saved gold buillons being transformed to red hot metal bars that burn our foreheads and skins can persuade us to share our wealth with the needy, thus fear is needed for this situation, and mere love of Allah would not help a person in this mood.

In contrast, when we feel humility and kindness, hope of reward and the Love Allah SWT can enhance our character by making us seek even higher rewards in the next life throug our kind deeds, since Allah SWT loves kindness to creatures, our worship can be driven by our love for Him because the highest reward is to look at Allah's face according to the vesre " Wujuuhun yawma idin naadwirah, ilaa Rabbihaa Naathira ." Meaning, some faces will be beaming with health, stairing ( with love ) at their Lord" while the most cruel punishment is not to be allowed to see Allah , Allah SWT says, " Innahum yawma'idin can Rabbihim la maxjuubuun: meaning that the evil doers are blocked (from seeing ) their Lord

3. In terms of Conditions and surroundings that influence our behaviour

When we manage people, we are expected to be kind, yet firm, cautious yet trusting, smiling, yet penseful, these attitutes, so the way we deal with people if it is left to our own judgment without a devine standard, we may become extremists, believing not to trust our frieds, since they are more dangerous than a managed enemy, as such we become ruthless, vindictive and unforgiving.

When we are in human gatherings, school or at work, in a jovial mood, and under the influence of a combination of emotional and biological impulses, we can unintentionally switch off our common sense and act contrary to the revelations, in such situations, the remembrance of Allah SWT and Istighfaar can dampen the effect of the impulse and bring our senses back to normal level of servants of Allah SWT.

4. In terms of their knowledge

Knowledge is like a circle that contains us, the less we know, the smaller that circle, the smaller the perimeter and the less we know and fear, the larger the perimeter of that circle, the more we know, and the more we realize the ever increasing area beyound the perimeter of the circle represnting our ignorance, so as we know more, the more we realize our ignorance is, and the more we fear the unknown. Allah SWT says; " Innamaa yakhshaa Allahu min cibaadihi al culaamaa " menaing, : The knowledgeble worshippers of Allah, are those most fearful of Allah SWT . So, in this regard, knowledge leads to awe, and fear. Other verses describe how the mountains would crack up of the fear of Allah SWT, and how the angels are at awe and fearful of Allah SWT. Because, the fear here is reflecting our total surrender to the will of Allah SWT , which is the essence of creation.

5. In terms of their level of iimaan

Our actions are driven by the level of our iimaan, and Allah will compensate us for our actions and the faith that motivated us. I wrote an article titled ( Low Octane Levels) in another thread that:

"...... Faith or iimaan is like energy, it can not be seen, but its effect can be evident in out lives, the higher the iimaan level, the better our performance as Muslims and as measurable actions, the lower the iimaan octane level, the poorer our Islamic identity and behaviour .

The iimaan octane can get to a critically low levels, and in these instances, the person acts almost contrary to Islam in every sense imaginable, without even realizing that he/she is low on iimaan octane. That person quits performing prayers, and observing the sharia, his words show contempt for Islam, or hates its restrictions, this person's engine needs overhaul, or may be it is beyound repair . "

Based on that logic, our drivers for worship are dependent on the quality of our faith, the highest driver being the love of Allah SWT and the lowest driver being the fear of Allah SWT.

In Conclusion, Love, Hope and Fear are all needed to maintain and balance our worship of Allah SWT. Love of Allah SWT is the reference point that both Fear and Hope can calibrate their respective quantities, as the loss of Allah's love means punishment, and winning His Love means a reward, the highest of which is to enjoy looking at the beauty of His face SWT.

Nur