Sign in to follow this  
Qudhac

the price of bad mouthing Islam

Qudhac   

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A Somali-born Dutch politician who received death threats after making a film critical of Islam has revealed she has been living in hiding on a naval base, a newspaper reported on Friday.

NRC Handelsblad said Ayaan Hirsi Ali had revealed her secret residence on a navy base to protest against the circumstances of her hiding.

"I want to live in a place of which everybody knows: here lives a threatened member of parliament, and he or she is safe here," Hirsi Ali was quoted as saying.

Hirsi Ali returned to public life last month after 75 days in hiding following threats to her life after she made a film critical of Islam with Theo van Gogh, who was murdered on Nov. 2.

The newspaper said Hirsi Hirsi Ali was living on a heavily guarded navy base in Amsterdam

while anti-immigration populist Geert Wilders whose life has also been threatened, was sleeping in a prison cell in the central Dutch town of Zeist.

Van Gogh was murdered in Amsterdam in November. A five-page letter pinned to his body with a knife was addressed to Hirsi Ali accusing her of "terrorising Muslims and Islam".

Parliament speaker Frans Weisglas criticised Justice Minister Piet Hein Donner on Friday, saying he should have found an acceptable long term solution for safe housing for Hirsi Ali and Wilders earlier as it was clear they would need protection for more time, NRC Handelsblad said.

Rahima   

May Allah guide her. I actually feel sorry for her, when the white men are done with her they will throw her out like chewed up meat.

u gotta understand that, at the end of day, when the man is done with u! u got no where to turn but u your kind!

i hate more the moslems who criticise her and find themselves in her shoes!! let her face her judgement day! who r u to judge her!!

she is not the only one in this boat! many refugees found themselves these days in this situation! i.e, fame and bumps circumstances! but, we all now that western appetite is called 15 minutes of fame!! so then whatchya they gonna do when their 15 min is over!!

i wont be surprised to hear 5 yrs from now that she had a reality check! n many ppl in here will be defending her!! mark my word!!

seen it before!! :confused:

nuune   

May Allah guide her.

aamiin.

I think she is not happy with the way she lives now, anyone can tell that, caddaanka wax asxaan ay u sameenayaan ma jiraan, at the end, we may hear something like she commit suicide or similar thing!