Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Why the negative discourse: ONLF vs Punt?

Could someone explain as to why there is such heated, negative debate concerning ONLF vs Puntland?

Could either camp, please be as objective as possible, and educate me?

Tata …

Somali speaking peoples all have a different self-determination and the different trajectories they take should be respect.

At one stage Egypt and Syria were all the United Arab republic, they spoke the same language and more or less the same culture. Eventually the union act was revoked when it became infeasible. (in fact,this was not too dissimilar from the collapse of Somalia). Today, these countries have diplomatic and trade relations.

I believe its in the best interest of Somalis rather than being delusional, for the Somali speaking nations in the horn of Africa to consider forming a regional inter-governmental organisations working together for greater co-operation.

Somaliland

Somalia incl. Puntland

Djibouti

OG (having a special observer status, until, they negotiate with the Ethiopians for formal autonomy or independence.

NFD - I don't think these people are bothered to be honest.

By having this, we will expand the Somali language, culture and expand the notion of ‘somaliness’ across and into new frontier.

You seem to want to lever the lid off of a Pandora box, a subject that which perhaps I do not wish to toil with at this moment; perhaps another day, eh? suffice to say, self-determination for all; for now, I am more interested in the ONLF vs Punt beef on SOL. Could you speculate on that? Or give an opinion to that regard?

Tata …

I am not concerned by a little quarrel which pose no threat to regional security or affects Somaliland’s' interests in the region. Having said that, this is for the people of Puntland and their kin in the ONLF to sort out. I don’t believe in meddling in the internal affairs of other people.

Abtigiis   

Just like Jacphar, maximus is a forged Somalilander. Why are the the fake ones the loudest. :D

Dearest Miles,

You have asked a question and you deserve an answer.

Miles, there is no conflict which you haven't heard of before. You could not possibly have missed what Xaaji Xunjuf tried to tell you. But that is only a fraction of the full story. The Faroole insult, the arrest and killing of liberation fighters, and finally the Puntland Disapora Forum communique were all a clear manifestation of the uncalled for hostility that ruling elements of the fake entity hold towards the oppressed people of somaligalbeed.

Of course, inevitably Yey and the destructive role of the SSDF, and the current rogue regime led by a money-laundering President naturally comes to the discussion. And this boils the blood of the core Punties.

Thankful   

miles militis, don't listen to this guy.

See he and his cronies all hate everything about Puntland; including every single leader it ever had!! They will list countless alleged problems in Puntland, but never a single positive thing about Puntland. But when it comes to their leaders, all the news is good and positive (like we liberated this and that), but never any negative news.

That should tell you that their whining has nothing to do with whats right or wrong, but is a result of that sickening Somali mental disease that some are infected with.

A&T – I get the gist of your incessant disregard for Punt, but what I have not been able to grasp thus far is ‘what Faroole has said’ in spirit and principle? And not what he supposedly has been or done, but what he actually did and said – see the knot, my dear chap?

Be a good chap, and see if you could shed some real light on the matter for me, will you?

ThankfulSP - I am rather acquainted with the offsprings of the ‘3 triangle Habros’ of ‘iidhehland’, so not to worry in their regard.

Tata ...

Hamse   

miles, the O.N.L.F guy who blew himself in maqdishu killing the best of the best of somali people left denmark, went to yemen and bosaso and then travelled to mogadishu according to sources.

everyone is saying faroole averted a big human tragedy by arresting those who wanted to blow markets and universities. if today someone blew himsefl up in bosaso, ATT would cheer just the same reason he is cheering for redsee and oodwayne clanish insults. pity is all i have for the onlf crowd because they have been reduced to cheerleading.

Hamse - the suicide bomber at Shamo hotel was not of ONLF, but rather was a native of Mogadishu ... just fyi;

But, the question, I wish to ask of both ONLF and Punt supporters is despite the misinformation and false presumptions on both sides:

What exactly did Faroole say, or do? Is there an audio? perhaps a press release to that effect? and in what context did he say what?

Perhaps A&T could chime in and fill in the blanks for me?

Tata …

A&T,

Allow me to reiterate it for good effect, lest missed - I get the gist of your incessant disregard for Punt, your seemly wronged posture, your frustration with Punt supporters herein SOL, thusly your supposition to target Punt of all with a single bullet to the extreme extent of making your bedfellow with the likes of Oodweyne cum his ardent secessionist creed, but what I have not been able to grasp thus far is ‘what Faroole has said’ in spirit and principle? And not whom he supposedly is, but what he actually did and said – see the knot? And remember, if charges could not be proved in a court of law, surely you value that, stand they do not, unless of course you are falling prey to the pestilence to which you are being accused of.

The interest and the liberation of Somali Galbeed is one thing; that of Punt is another; the two however are not mutually exclusive in the long-run, but one must remain objective in his viewing and rational in his analysis, if a mature dialogue is to be had. What is desired by one, must be desirable to the other, so to speak; if we are to fight for the rights and civil liberties of some, we must not do so at the expense of others; surely, you could appreciate the moral maze and ethical dilemma presented herein in such dichotomy.

The issue of SSDF is not one that I am interested in at the moment, unless of course you wish to complicate matters dragging Siyad Barre, 1977 war with Ethiopia, why ONLF and not Somali Galbeed (heck I am of Somali Galbeed), so you see why I do not wish to waddle in and out of so many intricate issues in such a short period of time --- one thing a time, shall we? So, tell me, what is your beef with Punt? And what is your beef with Faroole? Separate entities the two are, you understand?

All yours now, or anyone else who wishes to chime in,

Tata ...