Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Following the Barre’s footprints

Hunguri   

loooooooooool Jacaylbro, sxb waddanka Madaxwaynahaa ka talin doona :D . He is already on the chair and having a cup of Qaxwe at Villa Somalia now :D . Waaryaahee, shaqqo makusiiyaa dee cisho dhaw waa isku duba dhacaysaaye smile.gif

Emperor   

This looks more of a clan hate sentiments that any logic prescribes, I wonder what bed could A/Rizaq Hussein or A Sharmarke share with A. Yey or Morgan - if not along the clan lines. The guy made it clear and hides nothing like most of us, the mentioned clan is a disease to him, a rotten mark on the Somali body LOL

I have seen almost similar article written in Somali by Faysal Warabbe few years back before even Yey was President, which was displaying the same lines of arguments, history and hate towards the clan, could it be just the translation of that with only few up to date editing added to it.

Emperor,

If you can dispute any of the facts disputed in the article then your argument would stand but now it is merely an unfounded criticism of the article. I think the article points out how corrupt yey and his government are.

I think everybody (almost) is corrupted in Somali people ,,, say it somaliland, somalia, diaspora and all ,,,,,,,,,,, even those who grew up in the west are the worse these days when it comes corruption and clanism ,,,,,,,,,,,

What i like about the article is how the author said everything he had in mind ,,,, i like when the person is so clear and never go around shacbiga soomaaliyeed and those stuff ,,,,,,, :D

This man doesn't even know there correct clans and he is reliable?

Secondly, You can sense a bitter taste in this fellows mouth. He is trying to cause a problem within Somali clans and he ends off his argument with LONG LIVE SOMALILAND? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Very smart fellow.

something wrong with him actually ,,,,, i didn't understand him that well but may be hi liked to write something about clans and that is it ,,,, :D

BiLaaL   

Jacaylbaro, thanks for the link. I have to admit that i'm somewhat of an inoccent-soul when it comes to clan politics. That article is an eye opener. The Somali people are truly gifted and resourceful. How did we ever keep our economy going when the same kind of incompetent individuals were in charge of the highest and most important political and civil posts in Barre's era?

I have nothing against any clan but i think the time has arrived where only the capable should lead. Ruling classes whether composed of clan (as in the case of Somalia) or based on communist ideology (as in Mao's China), always invite stagnation and eventually rot from within. The Chinese under Deng Xiaoping's leadership have overrturned the ethos whereby bureaucrats got their positions through their adherence and loyalty to Moa's thoughts. These appointees' had no technical training and failed to deliver. Deng came in and brought this practice to an end.

Today China is an economic powerhouse and is soon to eclipse the US. It would not have reached anywhere near where it is today had it continued on Moa's path of appointing high ranking posts to loyal allies.

I understand that it is not easy to make the connection in comparing Moa's practice of appointing his comrades without due regard to the appointee's suitability for the role to Abdullahi Yusuf's practice of appoiting his closes clan members of late. Mao's loyalty was one of ideology whereas Abdullahi Yusuf's is based on clan relations. Having said that, however, i do believe that there is a link when it comes to the overall economic performance and advancement of the country. Appointing an easily brainwashable individual to fill the post of an Ambassador to the US or even the EU is highly dangerous for the our country.

There is an increasing competition among nations for scarce resources. If we keep appointing Ambassadors' who are easily persuaded to go down a certain path by a competing nation either through complete lack of knowledge on a certain policy area or through lack of experience; our nation is bound to suffer. I'm sure the majority of people from Abdullahi Yusuf's clan couldn't care less who rules Somalia as long as its ruled with justice. The base desires of a few power hungry individuals should not be allowed to continue.