Sign in to follow this  
me

O Sleeping Somalia, Know Thy Enemy

me   

O Sleeping Somalia, Know Thy Enemy

By Ali H. Abdalla

November 24, 2007

Print violently

The intractable Somali problem seems to be getting worse. This suggests the involvement of an invisible hand that fuels the crisis. It is inconceivable that a nation of a few million people who share the same language, color, religion, and culture are unable to resolve their differences peacefully through negotiation and dialogue. It is also strange that some regions in Somalia work tirelessly towards the further disintegration of the Somali Republic with out any clear benefits that may be accrue to the Somali people from such division and alienation.

The Somali situation shares a lot of characteristics with other conflicts that seem to rage only in the Islamic world from Pakistan to Darfur. I do not subscribe much to conspiracy theories but as they say there is no smoke without a fire and these conflicts point to a conspiracy engineered by the west for their own economic benefits.

At least the Berlin conference in which Africa was divided into several spheres of influence was public and its intention was never hidden from the world. African raw material and cheap labor was at stake at that time. This time there is no public Berlin Conference but informal secret agreements that divide underdeveloped but resource rich third world countries among the Western Powers in the hope of securing cheap labor, oil and minerals for their stagnating and aging economies.

The forced labor that used to come from Africa seems to have been replaced by voluntary migration from Africa to the West. These hapless migrants are intended to replace the aging population of the West in order to spur their economies by filling low-level jobs that the western population can no longer fill. This type of mass movement is only possible through the creation of ongoing conflicts in Africa and other Muslim countries such as Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan. More countries such as Syria and Iran are expected to join this list soon.

Many Scholars such as Dr. Abdulla Al-Nafisi of Kuwait believe that the most powerful superpower has a long term strategy of fueling low-intensity conflicts in the Muslim World. Dr. Nafisi believes that the US engineers these conflicts and controls them at the same time to its own benefits. In all these conflicts it utilizes real or perceived differences among the local population in the area. In Iraq, it some times uses the Arab-Kurdish factor and at other times it uses the Shia-Sunni factor. In Somalia, clan is the dividing factor.

Although there are no major differences in the Somali society, the West has utilized the clan factor to fuel the Somali conflict. This difference has been used very successfully to the point that thousands of Somalis have left their country in droves after getting easy access to many Western countries. Whole communities such as the so-called Bantu Somali have been moved to the US. It is the dream of every Somali left in the country to bail out and abandon the land of Punt to the devil in order to escape from the un-ending conflicts that seem to have no end in sight.

The success of this strategy manifests itself in the indifference of many Somali people to the occupation of their country a foreign country, albeit African. The Somali people used to be a proud people who saw themselves as equals, if not better, to most societies in the developed white societies. For example Jardine in Mad Mullah expresses his shock at the self-confidence and pride manifested by ordinary Somalis who saw themselves as equals to the British Raj.

Another manifestation of the success of this strategy is the disintegration of the Republic into tiny clan enclaves encouraged and supported by Western Institutions such as the International Crisis Group, ICG, better known to many Somalis as the International Crisis Promotion Group. The encouragement of the creation of Somaliland, Puntland and other similar enclaves are meant to kill once and for all the aspirations of all Somali speaking people to unite into a powerful nation that can exert influence in Africa and help other African countries overthrow the invisible shackles of imperialism and stop the exploitation of their counties by powerful multinational corporations. The British saw the influence of these dynamic people in colonial times and they stopped Somali advances into Africa by creating a law that prohibited them from moving beyond lake Tana, lest they influenced local populations to rise against the British Raj.

The strategy is so successful that even Western educated Somalis are at the fore-front of this devious plan. For example, an organization known as SOPRI lobbies for the recognition of Somaliland although they live in a country whose name stands for unity, the Unite States of America. The strategy is so successful that Somalis have invaded other Somalis to reach a border demarcated by a colonial power that works diligently to divide the Somali people. It is ironic that the most powerful counties in the world are a union of different people who bring diversity and richness to their countries. Examples are the United Kingdom that groups the Irish, Welsh, Scotts and the English, and Russia that groups different ethnic groups with different religion, language and culture.

The West engineered the downfall of Somalia which they saw as a potential threat to their interest in Africa. Somalia played a major role in the liberation of many African countries such as Zimbabwe and South Africa. We can all remember the patriotic song, “O sleeping Africa, Hohey Africaay Hurudooy”. What better way to destroy the Somali pride than driving them to seek refuge in Tel-Aviv, London and Rome, societies that would be unthinkable to adopt as homes in the good old days. The old Somali passport used to carry a stamp that prohibited the holder from visiting South Africa, Israel and some other undesirable countries. Today Somalis would be lucky to get a visa to any place on this earth.

Somalia will not be whole again until its people realize that the enemy does not live in Mogadishu, Bosasso or Hargeisa. The enemy lives in London, Washington, Rome, Paris, The Vatican and Tel-Aviv.

Ali H. Abdulla

E-Mail:aliegeh@gmail.com

Conspiracy theories don’t normally appeal to me! But I have insuppressible feeling to believe in this one…it’s true that for whatever the eng goal may be the division between Somalis is craftily maintained by external actors!

FatB   

so are u saying that the intellegence level of somalies is so low that they dont even see that they are being used as "pupets" :eek:

me   

^Germany the biggest and most powerfull country in Europe was once the playing ground for other European powers. So every divided nation can be used against each other. Somalia is not the first and won't be the last nation to become a play ground for external powers. The question is will we see whats happenig to us in time and will we be able to stop the external powers?

Fabregas   

O Somalia, know thy enemy

For there are plenty

If you don't, then the price shall be heavy

O Somalia know thy enemy

Be prepared and ready

O Somalia, know they enemy

And don't selL your souls for a penny

Be fully prepared and ready

O Somlia, know they thy enemy

for they enemy is deadly

O Somalia, have no fear

O Somalia, thou shall not shed tears

O Somalia, charge at thy enemies from the front and rear

O Somalia, charge with though spears

O Somalia, listen to these wise words from Sheikhspear

Though Salvation is not in the clan

Nor is it in Somaliland

Or Puntland

to be cotinued........

Sheikh-spear

me   

1. Your right Somalia is unique in its situation, the only comparison that I made here with Germany, is that we both had/have neighbors using our internal divisions for their own benefits (its nothing new,it happens everywhere)like the Germans we need our Prussians and we will be a strong nation once again.

For, simply put; our dilemma is that of “tribal Zero-Sum-game” writ large on a regional and international canvass; but nothing more of it, frankly..

Soomaali iska daaye, can you stand above the tribal zero sum game?

Even if your calculations and reasoning came up with this, how come you let yourself be lead by tribal instincts? Or is this a temporary moment of sanity? :D

3. The only way out for us is that we both surrender to our common interests and those interests are unity and liberty. Or we will both sink together. This is also the message that I get from that article.

I expect from you some long winded reply containing the words, siyaadiste/afweyniste/stalin/nazi/british/Yeey.

If your reply does not contain the words I listed above, I will worry.

waar oodweyne ,,, waar bal niyow kala aayar dee waxan oo dhan ma wada akhriyi karaynee :D

anagoon kii horeba bilaabin baad novel kele soo saaraysaaye ,,,, :D

walee adiguun baa ku xiiqaya ,, ma inuu waxan aad leedahay akhriyaad moodaysaa ,, halkii ay ka bilaabatay uun buu ka soo bilaabayaa hadana ,,, yarka waa la iska dhaafaa la iskumaba xiijiyo sidaasuu ku roon yahay.

Ha iska lunsanaadee inoo daa ,, waynu u baahanahay wax jidka hareer marsane ,, isagoo somaliland transit ku ah oo fiise raadinayuu email kuu soo diri beri dhow e :D

A long post with little substance; Oodweyne’s posts are akin to the proverbial mighty labor that at the end produced a mere mouse :D !

Me, offer the man some clothes adeer instead of parading him around naked! In other words dont ask him open-ended questions!

Cakku waxaan is garanayn...

Me is harmless adeer, he may not know how to get somalia back but he sure wants it back. Oodweyne however is a different animal, and a very dangerous one at that :D !

ps--Waryee Oodweyne adeer waxba ha qorin, waxaad soo wado waan iska ogahayye... :D

Castro   

Xiinow, Oodweyne wouldn't last one mirqaan session with me as he would come out here the next day happily waving the white and blue.

Alas, I don't chew anymore.

me   

lol@xiin and castro

Oodweyne I counted 2532 words.

To sum up what you said

1. Usual hot air.

2. Repeating the questions asked and trying to distort them.

3. Trying to answer the distorted questions

4. Failing to answer the distorted question

5. Coming up with examples that do not apply

6. Lame attempt at humor

etc etc.

But I didn't see the questions answered in those 2532 words.

Do you think that you can get away not answering questions by posting 2532 word replies?

Ku noqo and this time address the questions.

ps. I will reply to the other issues you raised in your post when I have more time. There are some interesting ones in it.

Khalaf   

Odeywayne this is a fourm adeer.....write a book hadii kale.

Originally posted by GJ:

For there are plenty

If you don't, then the price shall be heavy

O Somalia know thy enemy

Be prepared and ready

And don't selL your souls for a penny

Be fully prepared and ready

O Somlia, know they thy enemy

for they enemy is deadly

O Somalia, have no fear

O Somalia, thou shall not shed tears

O Somalia, charge at thy enemies from the front and rear

O Somalia, charge with though spears

O Somalia, listen to these wise words from Sheikhspear

Though Salvation is not in the clan

Nor is it in Somaliland

Or Puntland

to be cotinued........

Sheikh-spear

lol@ Sheikh-spear. O thou art thou has written a handsome tale. :D ........

that was good Geelow.