Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Say: Allah ( God) Is One! Allah Is Sovereign!

Nur   

Dedicated to OZ Girl!

Who Is GOD? A Convincing Answer by The Chapter of AL IKHLAAS of the Holy Quran

1. Say (O Muhammad): "He is Allah, (the) ONE.

2. "Allah-us-SAMAD (The Self-Sufficient Sovereign, On whom all creatures depend).

3. "He begets not, nor was He begotten;

4. "And there is NONE co-equal or comparable unto Him."

Nomads

I was seriously overtaken by deep insights while pondering about the never ending meaning of this great Surah ( Chapter) in the Holy Quraan. So deep is this Surah, if you are not careful on how much of its meanings you digest, you can possibly end up in the Company of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad SAWS.

This Surah, explains in four verses and few words a third of all the content in the Holy Quraan. The Aqeedah Content, The Ghayb, Metaphysical View of Islam).

So what are the other two?

Well, here they are:

2. Stories of old nations and faiths(Lessons Learned from old nations and civilizations)

3. Upholding of Justice between humans in this temporal life.

InshaAllah, in the days to come, I intend to delve deeper in the hidden treasures of this great Surah, leaning on its lamp posts to read with its powerful light the implications and the secrets of the UNITY of God. I further hope to complete this thread with my thoughts on each and every keyword of this great Surah, and I invite you also (the reader) to participate proactively to add your insights to its never ending wisdom.

Nur

2009 eNuri Metaphysical Odysseys

A Human Soul Is Too Precious To Waste!

Nur   

Nomads

The highest level of faith ( Iman ) is reached when one casts away all of doubt aside. Doubts are always present in our hearts whenever we deal with intangibles, and faith in the unseen is not like our faith in our weekly paychecks ( though, in light of the financial meltdown, this is also becoming doubtful these days)., naturally then, its perfectly logical, that we as humans have a degree of doubts of our origins, our past and the future.

Abraham, the Patriarch of Jews, Christians and Muslims once asked Allah SWT:

And (remember) when Ibrahim (Abraham) said, "My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead." He (Allah) said: "Do you not believe?" , He (Ibrahim - Abraham) said: "Yes (I believe), but to be stronger in Faith." , He said: "Take four birds, then cause them to incline towards you (then slaughter them, cut them into pieces), and then put a portion of each of them on every hill, and call them, they will come to you in quickly. And know that Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise."

InshAllah, time permitting I will discuss this great Surah to ask the following questions:

1. Why Allah is ONE? Why not ZERO, like Atheists want us to believe, and why not Many gods, like Polytheists believe?

2. The true meaning of SAMAD, the ultimate and the essence of divinity ( Uluhiya), what it implies with respect to our relationship to our maker and fellow passengers on planet earth.?

3. Why, Allah does not have a son or a daughter, and why Allah does not have a father or a mother.

4. And finally, Allah's uniqueness, why Allah is DIFFERENT in every sense from everything that we can conceive in our minds or can't conceive and further why Allah is not comparable to anything else.

Some Islamic Scholars have nicknamed this Surah of The Holy Quraan, Allah Azza Wa Jalla's "Lineage" ( Because the Bedouins , like our fellow Somali Clansmen, would not easily follow or obey someone they don't know his ABTIRSI Lineage). The revelation of this Surah is said to be based on a Hadeeth of Hassan Category that the Polytheists Asked the Messenger of Allah Muhammad SAWS: "Tell us ( O Muhammad) about Allah's origins and Lineage" . As a response, This Surah short, concise yet deep in its far reaching meanings was revealed as an answer to that question.

As can be seen, this Surah contains the core principles of Tawheed the Central principle of the Unity of the Creator.

The concept of Unity of the Creator is indeed what inspired me to write this piece, and it is because of this great principle that I found answers for all my questions about the origin of Allah and the compelling reasons for our eventual return to Him after we die.

Looking back at these verses from the perspective of a skeptic or an agnostic, In the above verses we observe that Sovereignty ( SAMAD), among many other attributes entails ORIGINALITY as I have written in one of my past posts on this site:

SOVEREIGNTY or AL SAMAD

AL SAMAD In Arabic means: Alladhee Yantahii ileyhi al su'dad The Last Authority beyond which responsibility is not passed! or like we say in common American Slang : Where The Buck Stops!

SOVEREGNTY in most western references is defined as "Supreme Authority Within a Territory"

Attributes/qualities of Sovereignty:

1. Authority with Absolute Power ( No other power is greater than it)

2. Self dependent Authority, not depending on others for its existence.

3. Irresistible Authority whose wishes must be obeyed by force.

4. Authority whose power controls all of its Domain.

Some of the attributes of Sovereignty:

1.Absoluteness, Immune to any law, above law, no one escapes its law.

2. Supremacy, no other authority is higher than it in its Domain.

3. Unity, the ONLY authority to reckon with at the end.

4. Originality, its original in its existence, has not borrowed its existence from another Sovereign, nor is it a continuation of another authority.

5. Non Transferable Authority, no one can take it away, it will never become legitimate if anyone else claims it.

6. An Authority that is always right, since by virtue of its absoluteness in every dimension, it sets the criteria of what is right and what is wrong.

What is a Deity or in Arabic, ULUUHIYYA in Islam:?

Allah in Surah Ikhlaas described Himself as:

1. SINGULAR ( AXAD), single entity, which puts to rest any argument for multiplicity of Gods on one hand, or Non Existence ( ZERO) of a Deity on the other. (InshAllah we shall visit the philosophical basis for the logical exclusion of the Multiplicity and Non Existence of God).

2. SAMAD or SOVEREIGN, Everything Absolutely depends on Him, He Absolutely Depends on Himself ALONE.

SAMAD has the Follwing Variations:

3. PROVIDER OF PROTECTION

4. RESCUER ( in times of distress)

5. Highest authority, no one escapes from His Jurisdiction and Sovereignty.

6. Leadership. ( ZACIIM UL QOWM)

7. Anything one follows, even desires are called ilaah in Quraan.

Thus SOVEREIGNTY aka (SAMAD)is a Divine trait and mortals who exercise it unwittingly claim Deity like Pharaoh of Egypt or modern leaders of Nation States.

Based on the above definition we find in later chapters of the Holy Quraan that Allah teaches us to say to people of the Book Jews and Christians who adopted polytheism : "let us strive to agree to converge to a common ground : That we do not worship other than Allah in any form, that we do not make associate/partners with him as Sovereigns, and further that some of us shall not take other mortals for Lords (vested with Sovereignty)." If they turn away, then say: Be witness that we are MUSLIMS, those who have willingly surrendered to Allah's Absolute sovereignty)"

........To be continued

Nur

Nur   

Hodman sis

Please visit the topic above again. I will be adding to it periodically to compete the topic inshAllah. I have entered the initial preambles of the Surah Ikhlas that will support my argument later. InshAllah once all the preambles are introduced in the beginning of the thread, as a from of educating the jury, I will then pour my heart in the core topic to share the inspiring connotations of the Oneness of Allah, His Sovereignty, His Originality, His Uniqueness and Permanence.

Nur