Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Why now war maybe a good thing for Somalia

Peacenow   

I never called for this war. I was always against it. As you probably know my views on Islamists and their deprave backward life. My views are known, I believe in a liberal democracy for Somali, yes that includes human rights!

Now war has started we must start thinking again, about the way to move the country forward. No-one at this point is know who is winning or losing, whether the TFG or the ICU. Nevertheless, one victor will emerge. Personally, I'm hoping for the TFG. They are at the least, the worst case option for Somalia.

Whatever happens, the victor will have deal with the practicality of governing.

This is not helped by having vast numbers of young men, who are indoctinerend with no knowledge of life beyond chaos and anarchy. Now what I going to say, will shock you, but for the case of building a more moderate stable country, we will have to deal with this issue. Now they are engaged in war, it maybe the case, that natural order will deal with this issue. And in the future we will have concentrate on building a better generation of young men, who can have more impact for the countires development. As this this a critical issue

Coloow   

Peacenow, it is easy for us in the west to yearn for a democracy. The somali people (at least the majority) have been caught in a culture of warlordism. Muqdisho, Baydhabo, Kismayo and the rest of the country was run by ruthless warlords who did not give a damn to the people or the concept of democracy.

What we see my friend is an alternative (endogenous form of governance)- maybe a uniting force that thus far have tackled the ills of warlordism.

I don't think the TFG would succeed. If anything somalis are back to square one; tribalism on grand scale never witnessed.

The only thing that can save it, in my opinion is the death of warlords.

Taliban   

Originally posted by peacenow:

I believe in a liberal democracy for Somali, yes that includes human rights!

Liberal democracy or democracy itself is incompatible with Muslims. Democracy is a Western invention that only seems to work for Westerners. I say seems to work, because in actuality how it's intended to work and how it works in real life are totally different. For example, it's the wishes of the corporate, interest and lobbyist powers that are respected and implemented, not the wishes of the average citizen. Furthermore, human rights are far abused in Western countries than in non-Western countries. What's more, in liberal democracy, a man can have an affair or even marry another man. A pregnant woman can kill her own child. Also, if you're rich enough and kill someone, your money will make it possible for you to legally become innocent from your crime. Just a few examples of what the rosy liberal democracy is about.