Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

Does chastity nowadays matter?

Ms DD   

Salaam

Since there is no way of knowing it, it is better to ask them for check up for any STIs. That is the next best thing. At least he wont bring you any diseases. Same goes for those men who married before you.

Bro Nur

Not every family is keen to find a man for their daughter. It simply isnt our culture. With regards to fatal attraction, men can get pretty obsessive too.

Nur   

MsDD sis

I agree, some families are increasingly leaving it to the young Halimo choice, though I am of the old school, which preaches family involvement in the identification of the young Faarax, leaving the acceptance or rejection ( Chemistry) to the Halimo. The wisdom is that marriage is not a two people's business in our Somali culture and faith, its a family business, we marry a family not an independent person, tesnion caused by inlaws can make or a break a newly weds marriage, but if you involve them early, make them owners of the family expansion, they are likely to be polite and helpfully assist the couple, the earlier a family involves in the process, the lesser the surprises along the way. Again, I am n ot claiming to be right, its just my opinion, this issue is very complex.

And yes again, ( Daily Double for you), men are as obsessive if not more, I should know, I am one!

Nur