Sign in to follow this  
Animal Farm

::::: ATTACK ON IRAQ :::::

The US attacked IRAQ, its funny CNN keeps on mentioning that only 9 oil spots are buring, as apose to 30 in which they have mentioned. I strongly advice in avoidance of CNN.

Question::::

SINCE the war began, do yal think BUSH will be prosecuted for attempted murder on Saddam on the International Court of Justice. ? Or has the UN become insignificant, looking back in history such as the League of Nations. Holla Back

N.O.R.F   

i think it was the irqi foriegn minister who mentioned kofi annan did not abide by the rules in which govorn the un. the sec gen must condemn such action that is not under the framework of the un, kofi has not done that, which is a breach of the un charter, thats the only bit i gathered but there was more!

the un is designed to maintaine the interest of the big powers while at the same making it look like its interestes are with the whole world, i think more ppl have realised this in recent months!

The UN is irrelevant. It was created for the benefit of Western countries not for the Third World. Northerner, true, the last few months have shown the organisation for what it really is...a dispensable way of legitimising American actions and interests for the rest of the World.

Thank god i was avoiding CNN, bbc,abc.....

But i watched the arab league meeting and Now that america are about to get the Oil they so craved For, they are not going to want anything from Suidi arabia, Which means the next attack Might be Suidis or Iran! :(

it's Not very hard to Predict!

and i Agree with what you all said so far the UN, is there to back Up the western!

Whats so ironic is that there are so many demonstartions against the Yet, Australia and the United kingdome Call them selves Democrates wand they are not taking the PUBLIC seriously,

70% Americans are For the WAR!

80% of Australians are against, i don't know about the united kingdom, But i think it's close to Australia's%

Is this War against ISLAM....

why is that over the years the only so called ''dictators'' are MUSLIMS??

:rolleyes: only allah can judge Saddam, even though he slaughtered alote of Shiats and Kurdish ppl!!!

maybe i'm over exaggerating, But it does make sense in a Way.?

Does It?

US soldier held over killer attack

Sunday 23 March 2003, 6:05 PM

An American soldier is suspected of carrying out a grenade attack at a US military camp in Kuwait which killed one of his comrades and wounded 13 others, officials said.

The soldier was found hiding in a bunker and placed in custody following the early morning attack at the heavily-guarded camp of the 101st Airborne Division.

The attacker threw three grenades into three tents, including the command tent, at Camp Pennsylvania, one of the desert bases from where US forces have launched an invasion of Iraq, officials said.

One soldier died of his injures while three more were seriously injured.

Ten other servicemen had superficial injuries, military officials said. Eleven of the injured were airlifted to army hospitals.

advertisement

advertisement

"Death is a tragic incident regardless of how it comes, but when it comes from a fellow comrade, it does even more to hurt morale," said George Heath, civilian spokesman for Fort Campbell, Kentucky, the 101st Airborne Division's home base.

Colonel Chris Holden, head of a battalion of the 101st Airborne Division at nearby Camp New York, said he had stepped up patrols around his unit after the attack.

"When you have someone inside your camp who is dedicated to throwing a grenade inside a tent, there isn't much you can do," Holden told Reuters.

The attack, at first believed to be the work of terrorists, was being investigated by the US Army Criminal Investigation Command.

US Army spokesman Max Blumenfeld said the motive "most likely was resentment". He did not elaborate.

US broadcaster Fox News said the suspect was a Muslim American and that he had been described as "acting strange" before attack.

The suspect was an engineer from the engineer platoon that was attached to one of the infantry battalions, said Colonel Frederick Hodges, the 1st Brigade's commander.

"We noticed four hand grenades were missing and that this sergeant was unaccounted for," Hodges said.

"We started looking for him and found him hiding here in one of these bunkers."

A photograph shown on CNN portrayed the suspect bare-headed and kneeling outside a tent in his desert fatigues with his hands cuffed behind his back. A flak-jacketed soldier stood over him with a weapon.

©2003 AFP

Someone mentioned that the UN works for the North, thats not true. The UN supports many underdeveloped countries, in particular those in the south. the annual budget of the UN is 5 billion, Janpan pays 20%, USA pays 25%, then Germany pays 10%, UK and FR, CHINA and RUSSIA don't pay enough. That is why Japan is arguing to get a Security council seat. BUt they can't get that becuase of WWII, same with Germany.

Nonetheless, the UN is powerless when it comes to the US. It looks like the US has underestimated the IRAQI regime. ---- CNN is WACK---- I find the BBC to be more balanced than CNN.

Holla Back

http://www.somedia.tk

Ariadne   

"Nonetheless, the UN is powerless when it comes to the US. It looks like the US has underestimated the IRAQI regime."

Thats because the U.N was created by the U.S and mainly for it. All the U.N does is give out small handouts to undeveloped countries (so they can look good) while at the same time looking after American interests.

N.O.R.F   

did any of u guys watch Al-Jazeera this afternoon, showing dead american soldiers? allahu akbar!

the arab channels show the tru realities of war as they better access, there is a channel on sky digital no. 534, its a chinese channel (english spoken) but they are very good,

Its funny how CNN or for that matter any American news-network does not show such images. I though the country was keen on its FREEDOM. But I cannot stress it more , on the starchoice network channel 501 BBC News, shows more of the IRAQI side than CNN, but not AL-Jazeera.

Northerner::::

I like the tag, Simon says listen to the track with cannibus on the LP.

I suggest people to see this movie called LEFT BEHIND on the movie network (TMN) its talks about the 'anti-christ movement' the seven year of despair or some shit like that. It was weird check it out.

PEACE Holla BACK

http://www.somedia.tk

I'm not sure of what came out of that US soldier that attacked his own militery camp, but the way CNN reported the incident pissed me off. The first thing they've said was that " he had an Arabic-sounding surname". I think I'll start watching BBC for a change.

N.O.R.F   

yeah bbc news 24 is the best bet for impartial and objective news coverage!

i hate sky,cnn,itn and fox news, they are all so pro war and pro us/british, euronews is another good news channel, especially when they have that no comment part every 30mins!

Paragon   

Northerner... You couldn't be more true about the chinese cable TV. I regularly watch it and more to that, it is very informative and educative as well.

Animal Farm.... I agree with you ... channel 501 holds the first position for its broad coverage of events, BBC 24 isn't impartial anymore (it seems its avoiding criticisms)...also not since that night when they cancelled a panorama program about israel's WMD's due to pressures from jewish execs not to air it. CNN is just a mouth piece, though i applauded it for being so very bravely showing the faces of the american POWs. Digital ITNs coverage wasnt that bad but all that changed when one of their reporters got killed in the front line.

Al-Jazeera has the best news coverage so far - to my disadvantage - I don't speak Arabic. Not to worry though, i have taken Arabic as an extra unit this semister...by next year Insha-allaah .. i will join the Al-Jazeera viewers, I hope.

IF SOMEONE CAN WATCH BBC AND CNN FOR MORE THAN THREE HOURS AND U DONT SCREAM...THEN THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WIT U....DID U GUYS KNOW THAT THE GUY WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE MEDIA IS COLLIN POWELL'S SON...SO IMAGINE THE ONLY THINGS THAT THEY CAN SHOW U IS STUFF THAT HAS BEING APPROVED BY THEM.