Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somali Islamist leader vows holy war against 'Christian invaders'

Originally posted by Seekknowledge:

Fatah_Al_Soomaal, Would the Alshabab and "Abu Mansur" fight also the Christian Eritrean backed ICU?

I didn't know thousands of Eritareeyaan troops invading Soomaaliya and currently occupying the xudunta of Soomaaliya, Xamar. Thousands more massacred by those invading gaalo troops, masaakiin walaalaheena ahna la wada kufsado by these "Christian Eritrean" troops.

I didn't too know that the "Christian Eritreans" were/are persecuting and forcefully subjugating, plus ethnically cleansing Soomaalis in their own land by cruelty and oppression of that tyrant "Christian Eritrean" in Xabashi-occupied Soomaali Galbeed. I didn't know those who were doing this were "Christian Eritrean."

This news must have passed me. Ila soo socodsii what else we are missing.

Ar maxaa been la isku sheegay, oo aan meel caad ka jirin qiiq laga raadiye.

Fabregas   

1. There is a history of enemity between the ruling classes of Abysnia and the Somalis.This dates as far back as the time of Imam Ahmad Gurey. quote: In Ethiopia the damage which [Ahmad] Gragn did has never been forgotten," wrote Paul B. Henze. "Every Christian highlander still hears tales of Gragn in his childhood. Haile Selassie referred to him in his memoirs. I have often had villagers in northern Ethiopia point out sites of towns, forts, churches and monasteries destroyed by Gragn as if these catastrophes had occurred only yesterday.". Imam Ahmad Gurey is reported to have had an alliance with the Jews of Ethiopia against the expansionst Christian Habeshas.

2. The ruling classes of Ethiopia have always sought to occupy the land of the Somalis all the way up to the Indian ocean.Quote: These are the boundaries of Ethiopia: Towards the East are included within the frontier the country of the Borana Gallas and the arrusi country up to the limit of the Somalis; including also the province of Ocaden. The the northward the line of frontier includes the Habar Awaz, Godoburisi and the Issa Somalis and reaches the Ambos.....Ethiopia has been for fourteen centuries a Christian Island in a sea of Pagans and Muslims......Formely the boundary of Ethiopia was the sea. Having lacked suffecient strength, and lacked any support from Christian powers, our frontier on the sea fell to the Mussulman. Emperor Meneliks letter to the European colonialists:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/faisa/appendix-1.jpg?t=1168043701

3. Ethiopian leaders tried to block the recognition of Somalia as a soveriegn state. Emperor Hailesallese even tried to convince the world that Somalis were nomads who were not fit enought to understand the rules of politics nor govern themselves.

Quote: Haile Sellassie, the ageless personification of imperial

dignity, triumphantly returned to Ethiopia from exile. However,

events in the Ocaden took on another dimensions. Haile Sellassie

began a relentless campaign for the consolidation of personal

power and expansion of the Ethiopian State. He proclaimed, "I

have come to restore the independence of my country including

Eritrea and Southern Somalia whose people will henceforth dwell

under the shade of the Ethiopian flag."5

quote: The British, having betrayed the Somalis for reasons of

enhancing power, wealth, and influence, had yet another precedent

for doing it again.They immediately recognized the throne of

Haile Sellassie. In a statement on fragmentation of Somalia

nation to the House of Commons in early 1941 Anthony Eden, a

mediator on Ethiopia-Somalia problem, had the following to say:

"His Majesty Government would welcome the

reappearance of an Ethiopian State and recognize

the claim of Emperor Haile Sallassie to the throne...

His Majesty's Government reaffirm that they have

themselves no territorial in Abyssinia (Ethiopia). "7

During 1942, the Emperor continued the fight to restore full

sovereighty of Ethiopia in pursance to regain the pre-war

boundary between Ethiopia and the British Protectorate. An

agreement was then approved granting the British temporary

administrative authority in the ****** Region. The Emperor

pressed on with his ambitions to regain total control over the region.

Finally in 1948, the British withdraw but retaining residual

rights of supervision over Somali clans pasturing in the region.

This marked the Ocaden Region as part of Ethiopia.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1986/KCA.htm

4. After Somalia had gained indepence the ruling classes of Ethiopia and Kenya were jealous of the newly founded state and sought to instigate aggressive policies against the Somalia both these nations treate the Somalis under the control as second class citizens.

5. Somalia has fought wars with both Ethiopia and Kenya in order to regain their land. I cant remember Somalis fighting any wars with Eritrea nor can I remember Eritrea taking any of our lands.

6. Somalis and Eritreans have a common heritage of been claimed as possesions of the Ethiopian crown. In other words both them have a common enemy. Quote: consolidation of personal

power and expansion of the Ethiopian State. He proclaimed, "I

have come to restore the independence of my country including

Eritrea and Southern Somalia whose people will henceforth dwell

under the shade of the Ethiopian flag."

7. The Somalia people aided the Eritrean people in order to free them from the grip of Ethiopia. Secondly unlike Ethiopia Eritrea freedom fighters where mainly Muslims. After Eritrean indepence Ethiopia tried to block all efforts of these people.

Quote: After 1991 (victory of the Tigray Peoples Liberation Front (TPLF) on regime of Mengistu Haile Marian) many former Ethiopian guerrillas have moved into the Badme region to farm small plots of land, displacing many Eritrean farmers who were already there. This process slowly resulted in Ethiopian domination over these Eritrean territories, forceful eviction of Eritrean farmers from their properties and looting of their animals. In August 1997, Ethiopian troops occupied the Eritrean village of Adi Murug under the pretext of pursuing "terrorists". In the same month Ethiopia expelled Eritrean citizens from their homes around Badme. These expulsions and the destruction of crops and other property continued throughout the next year. Two rounds of fighting followed in 1998 and 1999.

8. Eritrea wanted a democractic state where Muslims and Christain lived in tolerance. Whereas the Ethiopian Tigrays wanted a Horn of Africa dominated by their own kinsmen. Those that are interested in historic wish of the Ethiopian Tigrays to occupy and plunder the peoples of Somalia, Eritrea and other peoples can read for themselves in the following link http://home.planet.nl/~hans.mebrat/eritrea-ethiopia.htm. Here is a small excerpt:

quote: Other Ethiopian arguments to take Assab by force are rooted in the belief that the Afar people living in this area should be reunited with the Afar people living in Ethiopia. This argument goes further than claiming parts of Eritrea. It also means claiming parts of the former French colony Djibouti. These claims however are contradictory to the 1964 OAU Summit in Cairo:

" ... the parties reaffirm the principle of respect for the borders existing at independence as stated in resolution AHG/Res. 16(1) adopted by the OAU summit in Cairo in 1964, and, in this regard, that they shall be determined on the basis of pertinent colonial treaties and applicable international laws"

This Ethiopian argument would undermine virtually every border on the African continent, including Ethiopia's own borders with other neighboring countries (Kenya, Somalia, Djibouti and Sudan).

9. Lastly, I will answer the odd question which was posed:will Abu Mansur also fight the "Christian backed" I.C.U. The answer is a clear NO, NO and NO. Why would they fight Eritrea when it is the Ethiopian government that sponsored rebels to overthrow the Somalia government; that sponsored a slow genocide over the last sixteen years in Southern Somalia? Did Eritrea say that Somalia shall not be governed by Shariah law? Did Eritrea occupy and plunder the people of the Ocaden region? The answer is a clear no once again! Eritrea does not cross the Somalia border when it likes nor does it plunder Somali lives the way the Woyane army does. It is not Eritrea that invaded Somalia, killed thousands of Somalis and detained in the ghost prisons. It is not Eritrea that hunts Somali clerics all over the Somali territoris. Yes there are issues with the Muslims of Eritrea. And Walahi we love them just as we love the Muslims of Somalia. However, There is no point for A Somali considering fighting Eritrea when his own Capital City is occupied by Woyane. Lastly, if the I.C.U is an Eritrean tool does this mean the Oromo, Ocaden, Afar, Sidamo and other are just meer Eritrean tools? Or does it mean that they are people who are united against a common expansionist enemy? I leave with this poem from Sayid Muhamad Abdullah Hassan. A man who knew tool the threat posed against the Somali people by the expansionist Abysnians and their Crusader Allies.

Anaa diiday degel inaan la galo daalim ii col ahe

Dalka ma lihid anigaa ku idhi dooraweynaha'e

Anaa diiday nabddiisa aan daacad noqonayne

Anaa diiday deeqdiisa ay naari daba taale

Anaa diiday maantuu lahaa duunyo iga hooye

Markay duusho gaaladu anaan daabbadda u qabane

Kolka ay dareeraan anaan duud xammaal noqone

Durdurrda firdowsaad anaa doontay oo raba'e

Diintayda anigaan ku gadan dabaqii naareede

Anigaan dariiqada Alliyo diinta caasiyine

I see you conveniently did not mention that except Egypt and Israel other countries including all the rest of muslim contries kept silent about Somalia. Aren't somalis muslims?

The Eritrean muslims don't just have issues whith their Christian government as you know they are oppressed and they need more than love from you. How can you condemn Ethiopia for oppressing muslims and support Eritrea for oppressing our muslim brothers and sisters?

ICU should stop hidding behind Islam and come out the closed as did the TFG that they are after power and power only.

Fabregas   

Seek knowledge, it could well be that the I.C.U were after power. However, when you they were only after power, then this somewhat misleading. The I.C.U were bribed many times and offered condition by the rest of world to accept Ethiopian troops. They tried to bribe and tempt Sheikh Shariff with several offers. However Sheikh Shariff refused their offers and simply told that his religion and land wasnt for sale. The I.C.U went into a war with the biggest army in Africa, whereby they knew that they chances if success were severly limited. After this they went into the Bush and many of them are still regrouping. Clearly if they were money hungry men like the T.F.G they would have sold out their country and yielded to the demands of the imperialists and the warlords. Some of those young men fought their own tribes,subclans and brothers who sided with Ethiopia. How can you tell me that these men where only interested in power ? Lastly no human being is in a position to make a such grand statement.Can you read into the hearts of the I.C.U?Only has the ability to do that. I am not sayind that the I.C.U were perfect and pious angles. However it somewhat misleading and uncalled for to label them as power hungry warlords. Many Ulema are behind the struggle and they have given their fatwas. If you are saying that they are hidingh behind Islam, then explain to what your type of Islam would do about the thousands of Ethiopians that invaded?

The rest of the Muslim world kept silent about the situation in Somalia simply because they are coward leaders who have surrendered to colonialism and imperialism a long time ago. As Gaddafi said the Arab league is controlled by Condi Rice. But people like Sheikh Yusuf Qardawi are not fearful and they have spoken in support of their brothers in Somalia.

Eritrea is helping Somalis because they know if Somali falls they will be next.Believe me the dogs of war will seek to perform a regime change in Asmara. Lastly, please dont put words into my mouth. I dont support the alleged oppression of Muslims in Eritrea by that regime. Also the oppression of Muslims in Eritrea is politically motivated, the regime is even clamping down on evangelical Christians or anyone who challenges the authority. If I had my way Somalis would have nothing to do with that regime. However Eritrea is a country which has succesfully liberated themselves from the grip of Ethiopia. The people of Afar, Oromo, Ocaden and Somalia have chosen to seek expertise in how to achieve tgus from Eritrea thus I am in position to give judgements to men and women whos houses have been taken. You said that both the T.F.G and I.C.U are essentially Christian backed puppets and the I.C.U are using Islam as a cover for power. My question to you is how do intend or want Somalis to deal with ever expansionous Ethiopia? Dont tell me that your are waiting for good to appear out of the magic and rescue Somalia. What you have is what you have in Somalia. There no point in condemning both the T.F.G and I.C.U when you cant offer an alternative.

If Sheikh Sharif refused to sell his religion and land then why he didn't remember when he negotiated with the Americans for his life? He reminds me of Saddam while his sons died following his orders he was hiding in a cave. Is his life worth more than all the youth he sent to war? Ethiopias regime is also arresting all their opposition including christians that cannot be an excuse for supporting Eritrea.

I agree with you right now we only have TFG and ICU therefore ICU should work with the TFG peacefuly after all members of the ICU were part of the people who choose the leadership of TFG and then changed their mind after going back to Somalia. Right now all the TFG and ICU are doing is playing Ethiopia and Eritrea's war games except this time they found a way to do it without harming their countries and people. Our people are the ones getting killed. A whole generation is lost without education and basic necessities. Why is the ICU refusing to sit down with the rest of the somalis? They are acting like children my way or the highway. A true leader is the one who negotiates without firing a shot. I still don't understand what the ICU wants. They choose a government and then decide maybe they should take over themselves without being appointed giving the title of Sheikh to former warlords and start giving fatwas right and left by the way who gave them the authority to give fatwas.

Fabregas   

quote: ICU therefore ICU should work with the TFG peacefuly after all members of the ICU were part of the people who choose the leadership of TFG and then changed their mind after going back to Somalia.

It seems you are leaning towards the T.F.G camp but never mind. Let is agree to disagree. This thread is going around in circles and I sense a bit of political naivety in you when said this:

quote:ICU therefore ICU should work with the TFG peacefuly after all members of the ICU

How can your work peacefully with a group of people that declared you as terrorists and vowed to crush you? The Ethiopian parliament declared war against the I.C.U and ever since that day they have the right to resist them and their allies. I assure that the Somali people of Muqdisho and Ocadenia are not fighting Eritreas war. They are fighting to rid themselves of the treacherous Woyanes invaders. And they are doing a find Job at that too. No nation has defeated an invader by sitting peacefully with their enemies. If our enemies agree to leave our land then the Somalis will sit peacefully with them. Otherwise expect more warfare, hunger and suffering in Somalia. And that will be my last contribution to this thread!

The fight in Ocadenia is similar to the one in Somalia. On one side the ONLF wants to keep fighting and on the other side the Ocaden government want to negotiate and get the state running. There are more schools now and the Jigjiga airport expansion is a welcome to the population that means more job and trade opportunities. Like the ICU the ONLF don't want to negotiate and sit and talk while Somalia and Ocaden people are suffering. Ironically all these leader both from ICU and ONLF their children live overseas. See it is easy to declare war when your family is safe and sound.

Fabregas   

If a man came into my house and raped my wife and kids, took away my all my valaubles and demolished my property and then came back everyday for more. I wouldnt ask for my belongings back or negotiate for what is mine, rather I would stand fight like a man an take what is mine. I must your assertation that the O.N.L.F and I.C.U are cowardly people who are to blame for the problems in Ocadenia and Somalia is very biased and misleading to say the least. You have indicate that your a supporter of the expansionist Ethiopian policies as you have blessed the so called Ocaden Government that is watching idely. whilst its own people are hung from trees from Ethiopian soldiers. Secondly, Ethiopians soldiers were based in the Ocaden and crossed the Somtheali borders on a regular basis way before the O.N.L.F and I.C.U existed. I suppose the Crazy Wadaads, Eritrea and the O.N.L.F are to blame for expansion and conquest of Somali territories by Menelik? Perhaps Sheikh Shariff was responsbible for the massacre that occured during the conquest of the Islamic capital of Harar and the rest of the Ocaden peninsula? Perhaps the O.N.L.F is responsible for the slow genocide that occured against the Somali people over the last sixteen years by Ethiopian backed Warlords? My friends as they say History can never be rewritten.