Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Gaalkacyo siege continues, Puntland demands resident’s compliance!

ElPunto   

The Point, you are not doing hard reasoning here brother---you are merely singing Puntland’s official line! As far as we know Courts have not attacked Puntland—and yes Bandariidley is not a part of Puntland. Another piece of information is that the majority of Puntlanders don’t see this threat for which Ethiopians are called in to deal with. In the Mudug region, Cadde’s argument for a fight with the Courts failed to convince the elders to rally behind his war cries! One reason Ethiopia’s lackeys have argued that this ‘extra help’ was needed since Galkacyo’s residents lacked foresight to see Courts coming threat!

I sing no one's official line. If mine and theirs agree so be it. Never said Banda was part of Puntland - but ICU actions speak for themselves regarding territorial expansion. No need to surmise or ruminate at length on that. I don't know the exact state of folks in Galkacyo but to say no one's sees any threat is pushing it in my opinion. It's not a claim you can independantly verify - it's based on limited hearsay. As such - a reasonable man would stay away from it.

Brother Ethiopia hardly needs an invitation from Puntland to come in. We all know that. But the reason they hastily come now is because Puntland’s internal conflict is so strong to the extent that those who run the show now were forced to seek help from the Tigre boys! Tigre boys are not your typical clansmen---they come to serve their country’s national interest--they are not there to merely tip the balance of this nomadic squabble that you are having in Mudug! As for ceding Galkacyo’s authority to them, that’s hardly in dispute. Their presence is felt everywhere in the city---they are in the airport and manned checkpoints! I can’t believe that you are willing to argue that Ethiopian troops just come to serve Puntland’s interest and will act as a guest while they are there! It just doesn’t work that way brother!

No it doesn't need invitation since they are stronger - but Ethiopia has enough Somali land without desiring to permanently occupy Galkacyo. I think those who run the show geniunely fear ICU expansionism and wish to hem them in. Caade and co are corrupt, inept etc but I doubt they want to cede land to Tigre. I don't know about any internal conflict - whatever it may be - Ethiopian troops long-term presence certainly won't engender warm feelings to those who brought them in. It seems to me self-defeating for any internal Puntland conflict. I have no doubt that Tigre is working for Tigre interests but where Tigre and my interest overlap - I have no hesitation of using Tigre to my advantage. These ICU guys wish to take over all or so it seems - having Tigre there for some time may deter them. Who knows. As for them being in charge of Galkacyo - I would love to see independant verification of that prior to believing it. It seems that once again you're present claims as proofs etc.

Did you not say something about doing the hard reasoning :D

Originally posted by mystic:

How could you pick some habashos over your own somali brothers.

The same ethiopians that kill the Somali-OG's

Anyone who is using your name (Somalia) is not a Somali . USC/ICU is using our name and we cannot accept that I for one could not be blinded by their call of Deen and Sovernity of Somalia.