Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Who is advocating for more violence?

Gabbal   

Advocate for this.

Unicef launches appeal for the Somali child

By Samuel Otieno

The United Nations has appealed for peace and stability in Somalia, to avert the suffering of thousands of children caught up in the fighting in the Horn of Africa country.

The United Nations Children’s Fund (Unicef) and Save the Children (UK) also expressed concern over the manner in which children have featured as active combatants.

The two agencies are demanding that all children associated with armed forces or groups or those in detention camps must be immediately released.

"This is unacceptable under any rules of engagement," the two agencies said in a joint statement.

Unicef and Save the Children said they were disturbed by reports that Somali children and women were among casualties of aerial bombardments and accounts that camps for internally displaced people were coming under grenade attacks.

Unicef Somalia Representative, Christian Balslev-Olesen said: "Any continuation of the conflict within Somalia would do much to compromise the modest gains that have been achieved by the Somalis with the support of the international community over the past 15 years."

The agencies’ are concerned that the conflict situation is restricting humanitarian workers’ access to vulnerable populations and hindering supplies.

El Khidir Daloum, Save the Children’s country director, said children in Somalia, and in particular the southern parts of the country, were suffering the consequences of a triple humanitarian crisis: Drought, flooding and now conflict.

Both agencies called upon the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) and Somali institutions to take necessary steps to ensure the children were adequately cared for and safely reunited with their families without discrimination.

The agencies are concerned that with the closure of Kenya’s borders, the threats to fleeing Somalis have increased.

While noting that children are most vulnerable of all, they said they had received information that some had been randomly shot in the streets, while others risked being recruited by re-emerging warlords.

Whilst the prospect of a centralised government brings opportunities, there are huge challenges facing the country that stand in the way of stability and a safe future for children.

Daloum said unless the situation stabilised rapidly, no one could guarantee the safety of Somali children.

"More children will be separated from their families, orphaned and vulnerable to abuse and neglect," he said.

The statement, while noting that education was key to rehabilitation, said school enrollment had been severely affected following the displacement of more than 65,000 to 70,000 people by fighting and insecurity.

They will not yaa akhi because they are more concerned in their futile arguining and calling of rebellion and revolutions that will not bring anything but further hardship, hostility and civil strife for as they're the greatest evil and warmongers that we have today!

Rise up! Yes.

But what comes after that?

You guessed it!

Bloodshed, murder, killings, chaos, anarchy and further civil strife!

These folks are the least folks that wish good on Somalia or Somali people they mere persuaing their narrow and self-centred interests and egos without considering the fate of their home country and its people!

God help us all and may he bless Somalia by ushering the Peace these folks are so verhemntly against!

Inshallaah khair!

Amiin.

The question should be who are the ones provoking violence, killing innocent Somalis with the help of Ethiopian tanks and American jets?

Isn’t that violence itself? Bring foreign troops to kill fellow Somalis is what you call a provocation for violence acts? Bombing innocent nomads is what you cal violence?

Where are the three suspected AQ members? They are neither dead nor captured. Where are the terrorist you spoke of?

The government brought more damage to these children. Some families along with their children were fleeing Baidio and we all know that the ICU wasn’t controlling Baidio. You clan bias individuals need to drop this nationalistic stage show.

Gabbal   

Mystic-

If you catch me advocating for the killing of innocents or supporting unprovoked attacks by American gunships, then you are free to hold it to me. Hold me to what I support.

I see a chance for Somalia in the same way I saw a chance for Somalia under the ICU prior to its high jack by clan opportunists. I support this chance and I hope it does not disappointment us as other chances have done in the past.

Joint afford by Hornafrique and Yoonis!

I’m not a politician but a flip-flop

I’m going to drip that in a voice drop!

My name is Hornafrique Jr

Juvenile of Hiiraale senior MR.

Hiiraale is my hero love him non-stop

To you I propagate him as father tip-top!

You would call him a ‘G’ if it was hip hop!

If you don’t believe me I’m going to use on you a drop-kick

Better believe and join the new church Yoonis be sick!

He hasn’t yet killed anyone intentionally

Swear that to you he did only conventionally!

Thus qualifying him becoming priest unintentionally

Love him regardless and too,

As me and my fellow Hiiraale crew

Use him pleasurably to skin-pop

Everyday ‘Hiiraale’ SPing at our bus-stop!

What would Seattle be without me?

I’m its hottest mc!

Just listen to my lyrical talent

And its satirical gallant

This makes you spew for days

Castro and his likes in a state of haze

Yoonis put us on his ways

And he has put on us his mystical sways

We salute you my majesty here is your praise

We believe now in the TFG hear our yeas

The TFG here to stay and you My honour

We declare you the King!