Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Warar Qubane ah

Gabbal   

^Our chief anthropologist, sheekadaas ma socoto. One example:

f we continque Maay words in Maxaa tiri places and tribes, one such word is dhaw [or pronounced as
dhab
sometimes].

Dhab has two translations that I know of;

1. Sexual intercourse (Ninku naagta inuu dhabo ayuu doonaya [course]) (Dhawmo ayuu doonayaa [course])

2. Foolproof (Ma kaa dhab baa?)

How do these translations fit into those places/names? :D

I supppose there are more inconsistencies floating around in your argument.

Ereyga 'dhab' of af Maxaa and that of 'dhaw' of Maay kala saar, baliis.

Haku wareerin ereyada maadaama ee isku qaab eg yihiin.

Dhaw [sida ereyada kale ku dhamaado xarafka 'dh' ku badalmaan 'b' ama dadka qaarkiis ugu dhawaaqaan] means 'beat, fight' iyo wixii lamid ah. Dhab of Maxaa implies ascertaining the facts.

Dhab of Maxaa, by the way, never changes to 'dhaw' in pronunciation.

I don't think Dirirdhabe was named because of ascertaining facts or that of Baydhabo.

The Maay dhab later acquired sexual reference in some contexts, laakiin waxaad iloowday it was a street lingo popularized by ciyaal xaafadaha Xamar, si loo kasin their conversations by kooytada ku cusub magaalada like...you can guess them who they were. ;)

I left that out because it isn't what the word meant and stood.

"Waraa, bajaqdaan aan rabaa inaan dhabo nooh." They also said "waa ku dhawaa, walaahi" which in this context applies the correct word of 'beat you.'

And no body says "ninku naagta inuu dhabo ayuu doonaya" because it makes no sense in ciyaal xaafad lingo. Mise reer gadaal ka gaar aa iska ahayd oo maqlay 'tanaa dhawaa.' :D

Tell me since there is another word that too acquired sexual implications, which is 'taabsasho.' So, tell me, how do you say in gadaal ka gaar or kooyto lingo 'tanaa rabaa inaan taabsado yaaqeey.' How do you gonna say in gadaal ka gaar language? "Wacdala, inantaan baan doonayaa inaan taabsado"[?] :D:D

And what other 'inconsistencies' aad heysaa?

I think we hijacked this thread. Soori, Sulka. Latest war qubano ah? Goosashii shaalka intee mareysaa?

[qoute]

An example of influence is the foreign-introduced addition of letter 'kh,' which had in a way changed the formalities of Maxaa dialect

The language changes and takes different forms if you go up North when you compare the South. There is also big use "kh".

Baydhabo [pronounced sometimes Baydhawo]

Dirirdhabo [or Dirirdhawo]

Bandhawoow [a Reer Xamar sub-clan]

Gugandhabe [A large clan that lives in Hiiraan]

hmm.... the only "Dhab" we have is the "Dhab" as in " Dhab ahaantii" or "Surely".... and "Dhabta" as in "Dhabta i saar" or "put me on your lap". There is very few or even nonexistant usage of "Dhab" in its sex related form.

In the case of "Diri Dhaba", I heard of a different story. The "Dirr" in "Diri-dhaba" is derived from the associated clan name.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

quote:

Anigu
horta Somaliland waxaan u arkaa dal dulman xuquuqdoodiina la duudsiyay xiligii taliskii Maxamed Siyaad Barre, waa dadkii horseeday midnimada iyo dawladnimada oo markii ay xoroobeen Muqdisho la yimid iyadoo ayna jirin cid u
yeedhay
, raggii iyaga ahaa waa la xumeeyay si xun baa loo galay dawladdii kacaanka ahayd ee Siyaad Barre ayaa fogeysey rag baa ka soo hor jeedey gooni isu taagga Somali land oo lahaa khalad
weeyaan

So, reer Baydhabo speaks like that?

It is one thing to write an article, but is completely another when quoting others by using one's own standard dialect to attribute others. When one quotes, it should exactly be written the way the quoted person says.
"A little requirement would be to conform to their unwritten 'regional' conformity of ultimate group-speak -- literally. So, instead of writing 'qadhaadh,' if a person slips and writes 'qaraar,' as it was finely illustrated on this very board to a hapless new comer who received a reprimand straying from 'cousinity' group-speak.

What they utterly failed to realize is the fact Soomaalis during pre-civil war grew up different regions with different dialects, regardless of that person's clan's associated region's dialect. Under their tribal telescope, however, everything is black and white, one-sided dimensional political issue being the foremost of them all."

group speak ;)

Better the world know you as a sinner than God to know you as a hypocrite.

Sul., I personally believe it is Dirirdhabo, not Dirdhabo. I may be wrong or not.

Af Soomaaliga ereyadiis iyo naxwadiis hadaa fiirisid ama dabagishid wax clear eh ayaa kuu soo baxaayo. Dad badan ereyada ma daba raacaan. Aniga, I have developed this hobby oo aan iska tixraaco some interesting ereyo.

Speaking of ereyada, what does ereyga kaah mean? Is it a planet's name? A spirit name? Relating to space? [A beautiful name, by the way, is based on it: Kaaho. One of my favourites.]