Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Realistic Assessment Of The New Regime In Mogadishu

Realistic Assessment Of The New Regime In Mogadishu

Adan H Iman — California, USA — 21 July, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALISTIC ASSESSMENT OF THE NEW REGIME IN MOGADISHU

The recent successful capture of Mogadishu and other towns and villages in Somalia by fundamentalist forces led by Sheikh Aweys, a man implicated in the brutal assassinations in Somaliland few years ago of a British couple and an Italian aid worker, poses a new threat to the front line states of Somalia. The back bone of the security forces of sheikh Aweys are members of the .......sub-clan and gullible, uneducated youth who have been brainwashed to believe they are defending the Sharia law, when in fact they are defending and dying for in defense of the ...... political interest to dominate the territory of Somalia.

The ..... owes their power to the assets- farms, land and buildings- they expropriated in Mogadishu and the fertile inter-riverine areas and the funds funneled to them when Abdi Qasim Salad, their kith, was President of the so-called Transitional National Government from 2000 to 2004, which enabled them to build the strongest militia in the area.

The political vacuum in Somalia and the lack of security was the reason why Mogadishu, and these towns and villages were easily captured one after the other as nature abhors vacuum. But over time, when people take security for granted, and the initial euphoria dissipates, people will be more assertive to demand their other needs including personal freedom and secular schools. Some of these needs, the fundamentalist regime will not be inclined to meet and others it will lack the capacity to meet. Somalians, whether inside the country or overseas, who went to schools before the fall of Said Barre, whose views about themselves, their society, the world and the universe was shaped by the secular education they received, will not countenance to see their children, grandchildren or other relatives being brainwashed in Taliban-like madras. Additionally, many of the towns and villages are inhabited by non .....sub-clans and clans. The Sheik Aweys regime, left to itself, will have, in the long run, a hard time sustaining its rule over the former Italian colony of Somalia. But there is likelihood that foreign countries in the region, whose existence will be bolstered by the destabilization of the front line states, will adopt a “buck passing†strategy and use Sheik Aweys to do their bidding for them and supply him with weapons. This should be a major concern to the concerned parties.

Somaliland’s policy toward Somalia has been to live in peace and maintain cooperative relations with its neighbor. This is how the people & their government feel. Will the Sheikh Aweys regime reciprocate this goodwill and commit his regime to maintain peaceful relations with Somaliland? Will the democracy in Somaliland succeed to have normal relations with an anomalous regime, which is inclined to deny its citizens basic liberties such watching the world Cup on TV or celebrating a wedding with music?

Somaliland nationalism, a potent force, is the bedrock of the new state, and it insulates the country from any other alternative political arrangement. The state enjoys existence of the institutions of government. Somaliland has an open society because of its democratic constitution. This gives opportunities to those who are against the existence of Somaliland and its secular system of government to commit crimes. Somalilanders need to be vigilant and should redouble their efforts to protect the expatriate community and their leaders. They also need to discuss openly about this new development in Mogadishu and its ramification for neighboring states.

Adan H Iman, Los Angeles

Adan H Iman

Email: ahiman2@aim.com

OLOL   

..far from beinf realistic but it is ignorance blown in full proprtion....sad that some will resort to this lowly campaign of clan bigotry.

isn't this a sick hypocrisy from a devout clannish cheerleader of warlord Yusuf...Aqiyaareey dadka qaarkiis maba isku xishoodaan ..xataa nin jecleeysigaa ka indha tiraayo diintii ilaaheey...Calaamatul munaafaqiin waa calaamutul munaafiiqiin..you could write as many lies and fabrications as you like, the reality is those who could change the political landscape in Somalia are now in full gear and capable to get rid of the dying clannish old guard who led Somalia to astray. Inshallah, our great Muslim scholars like Sheikh Hassan and Sheikh Shariif Ahmed and the many peace loving Somali intellectuals from civil society would replace these clannish retards, clannish warlords and puppet opportunists.

I must congratulate those who hail from Sheikh Hassan's immediate clan for not responding to such rubbish. They have shown they are above clan bigotary and hatred. Somalia belongs to Somalis and we are all one people.

me   

Originally posted by OLOL:

isn't this a sick hypocrisy from a devout clannish cheerleader

Yes its funny how hypocritical clan cheerleaders can be ;)

-General, first you deny Ethiopian troops in Somalia and now you are posting secessionist propoganda. Keep up the good work smile.gif

^^ME, this is an interestig article, what bit of it did you not like? The bit about Ind Cade and the clan occupaion or the fact the argument is made by a secesionist?

As for Ethiopians ME, if they are in Somalia why dont these jokers go and fight them instead of crying all day about it.

Olol. Of all the people in SOL, you should not be calling anyone a clan cheerleader. You who has called Inda-Cade a liberator and who denies there is an occupation in the Shebbele..See you support the subjugation of others and the looting of the farms, pathetic...

me   

General by the fact that it is a secessionist propaganda, that is the bit that I didnt like and I expected that you would see that its propoganda, but carry on with da cyber civil war. Any means necessery I guess smile.gif

^^^The fact that it is from a secesionist aside, were the arguments wrong?

You know I dont have time for the looneys who belive in dividing Somalia, or the warmonger..

me   

This article is more a secessionist propaganda then it is anti-ICU. The author is painting a picture that the secessionist entity is a country and that the ICU are threatening it. With this piece the author wants to win friends in the west.

By using an article written in the defence of the secessionists you are recognizing them. Whether you believe in these loonies or not sometimes you should stay away from certain arguments.

The points that the author raised are doing the ICU no justice. Yes the ICU is mostly supported by people from a certain clan, but look into the history of this organization. You might be surprised. The real leadership of the ICU is not Aways or Shariif Ahmed. The brainwashing bit happens everywhere, the Abdiqasim bit was already widely known. Indhacade and his warlordism well we allknow the evilshe gets up to.

Anyhow this is pointless; you feel that you need to defend yourself against the pro-ICU folks.

My advice to you is. Join the anti-ethio group and be the loudest to shout. Get a Somali flag avatar. Condemn the Ethio’s coming into our country. If you keep on going like this, no one will believe you anymore, you will loose your credibility.

So if you want to be able to get you message across, ride this nationalist wave instead of condemning it, if you try to be against this wave you will loose, the TFG has been outmanoeuvred don’t be outmanoeuvred yourself.

Think about this, a cocktail of nationalism and religion is very dangerous; people from all sides of the country are supporting or are sympathetic to the ICU now. In my opinion this situation in Somalia has the potential to set everything and everybody on fire. No one is safe from it. I tell you when this starts don’t be on the wrong side.

Saxib, another fake dawn helps no one. We lost 46 years, now it is time to build our national instutions and this is the TFG, we are no different to all the other nations on Earth apart fro our ********* in not looking after our interest.

Now I am anti Ethiopian, anti clan courts, anti clan discrimination and pro unity and pro government.

Saxib I had a flag when it was not popular, I was against the warlords when it was not popular, now I am for the governemnt and it is not popular... One must not just follow the mob, because the their love is fickle..

me   

General I understand your situation. My advice is once again this mob is dangerous. They have the two ingredients that motivate Somalis. 1. Hate for Xabashi 2. Religion.

With these two they will get very very far. I am in no way or from pro ICU. but when I see Ethiopian soldiers marching in the soil of the Somali republic, I will choose to ignore these small political differences and fight on the side of those willing to defend our nation. History will only judge.

I understnad your position and I respect it but understand that it is never too late to change your mind. When you realize that you are wrong on this issue of the Xabash.

^^^Brother, they have clan, but not religion, we are all Muslims and you must know the ruling on two muslims fighting?

Their success against the warlords means nothing, this is a tottaly different enemy, one that is not reckless and which has the support of many people.

I am not motivated by fear nor do I buy into the hype of Xasan Dahir, we have been here before.

They will go far you say, the warlords were invincible to some, these courts are like them not invincable..

As for this issue, I am right in seeing the Ethiopians as a new tactic by these courts, and one that in no way represents the interest of the people....

me   

General come on man, are you not the one saying that you are against Ethiopians coming into Somalia and that the Ethio's will bring more harm then stability.

Why are you so willing to deny the Ethiopian presence and call it a tactic by the ICU?

It is the TFG that invited them not the ICU. If the ICU is a one clan faction then they are talking in a language that all Somalis understand.

What has the TFG done in all that time? they have been in place for 2 years, what have they done?

In my opinion the Ethiopian meddling in our country is wrong and all Somalis should condenm it.

The TFG and the ICU should workout their problems in a peaceful manner.

If the TFG chooses to use force and install a government with Ethiopian help, then expect a very popular war against the TFG and its sponsors. I willbe on the side that is fighting for Somali sovereignty.

ME, I am against Ethiopian presence in Somalia.

I also have doubts that the news coming from certain sources based in Mogadishu.

As for the courts are they new? The answer is only the name, they were memebrs of the Balcad goup including the warlords.

They had elements in Abdiqasin's governemnt and Xasan Dahir supported it and is against this one?

What I said the hyping up of Ethiopia is a tactic by the courts and their media outtlest, to try and destabalise the TFG.

Your comments hint at a lack of understanding of the Somali psyche.

I also do not buy into this selective nationalisam. The courts of Mogadishu are no more nationalist than the people of Bay, Puntland and so on.

I belive militarily the TFG does not need much support apart from heavy armour and aircover..

OLOL   

Duke for the gizzilion times ... me and Indhocadde share no clan connection whatsoever, but my support and admiration for the liberator comes from somewhere else. It would be mind -blowing if I let you know the reasons but that is beyond this topic, To me Indhcadde s a great Mujahid, a reversal of fortunes and injustices. He is powerful yet practical and heroic in all his incursions against his rivals. He fights like a real man and negotiates like a real man. Again I will support all those who work against the disintegrations of Somalia and all those who oppose and fight Ethiopians.

Juje   

Originally posted by OLOL:

Duke for the gizzilion times ... me and Indhocadde share no clan connection whatsoever

Beenlow you are Al-Furqaan and he is Ifka Xalane. In USC terms you are 'aga-kowaad' and he is 'aga-labaad'. But due to recent developments you are clan has been demoted from 'aga-kowaad'.... :D

RedSea   

Originally posted by General Duke:

As for this issue, I am right in seeing the Ethiopians as a new tactic by these courts, and one that in no way represents the interest of the people.... [/QB]

assalamu calaykum,

Mr. Duke, you dared not to post anything cripled by a "seccessionist" before but since this article is making few points that you wanted to get across, all of sudden there is some exception to that rule of those refered as "seccesionist" in whom you don't except anything they write . I am really amazed on how you make little excuses for everything to try to verbally defend your uncle YeY's agenda.

The fact is this so called TFG is not functioning at all, it had the chance to restore some type of law and order in Southern Somalia for last two full years, but unfortunately your uncle and his followers have spent their time throwing chairs around, crying out loud for the weapons embargo to be lifted and other such things that were in no line of what it was elected for.

The courts on the other hand have moved swifly placing and bringing law and order to one of the world's most dangerous cities, Muqdisho. Some people can refer them as "clan" based regime, but in reality it's a whole new phenomenon composed of people from all over the Somali peninsula, the "NFD", Western Somalis, Jabuti, Somaliland, Puntland and the deep south. Because of their rational way of forwardness, and their balanced leadership, they have earned trust among all Somali people except from few who mostly reside in the West who continue to compose rubish and Western influenced ideology such "Islamists" or "radicals" articles. These individuals opinions can be posted on the cyber space or can be heard on the internet and radio waves, but in reality they have no part in influencing the reality on the ground.

The Somali people specifically, the Somalis in Muqdisho have trusted the courts to lead them into new era of peace and prosperity as result every one should respect the will of the people. Governments are elected for only one reason and that is to serve the people, if it's not doing that, then it doesn't qualify to be identified under the term 'government' since it has no changing effects on the people' lives, the courts on the other hand are perfectly befitting to that term. All in all,Allah knows it the best, so may HE increase those who work for his cause. Amin.

Assalamu Calaykum.