Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

The Case for Ethio-Somali Co-operations!

Greetings dear Som and Ethio SOL-Nomads, I'm proposing a plan in bringing the two states closer together by drafting a bid for the Olympics and Para-Olympics {we need them most para-Olympics that is} in 2014, which will be held in the continent somewhere I would ought to think.

The Olympics will be combined because face the reality none of our poor countries will win the games on their own, so why don't we co-operate, I bet we could hold the best games ever held.

I know so far only football tournaments have I come across where the games are held in different countries and that would be something unprecedented ofcourse.

Initially I wanted us to go for the Winter Olympics and Para olympics but I realised that it ain't gonna snow anywhere in our beautiful countries!

Folks respeced good-wishers let's make our dream come true and bring the Olympics and Para Olympicst to our respective countries!

The case for it is:

1. It will boost local businesses such as hotels, restaurants, holiday homes owners, taxi drivers and car rentals.

2. It will most definately boost our toursim industry.

3. Our region will be put on the spotlight for two full weeks, to the delight of the rest of the world who could share our beautiful culture, religion, traditions and excellent sense of humour with us.

The other thing is, we as the host nation(s) have to find one game, that we could bring to the Olympics in which we excel in, its for your to decide inshallaah!

Through partnership and trust will we develop and advance! Regional co-operation, the way to regional success in a globally very challengeful environment, in where most nations and regions join up for close economical, social and political co-operations!

Ethio-Som Agency for Regional dialogue, mutual trust, Peace and Co-operation in the wider region!

It's Chairman,

The Undersigned:

Sheikh Yusuf Sakhar.