Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

Pictures of Burco's Rainy Season

NGONGE   

I love looking at photos of nothing, saaxib. Horta ma reer Burcaad aheed? ;)

I'm confused about this photo from the same website, saaxib. Maybe you can confrim that I'm not wrong. This is what it says:

"First time I meet the legendary poet, Maxamed Ibraahim Warsame "Hadraawi", Who gave his point of view on the recent attack and the killing of a Kenyan women". Is this correct? I could swear the old man in the middle is someone else! :confused:

peace5.JPG

AYOUB   

^^I'm a part-time and fair weather Burcaawi mate. :D My mother comes from those necks of woods bro.

That (in the middle) is the great man himself just after his long march for peace.

Eid mubaarak.

NGONGE   

^^^ Heh. Well, as the Arabs say "he that does not know the falcon, fries it". I met this old man on several occasions, but, seeing that I'm a "dhagacas" and wouldn't know anyone unless pointed out to me, I never bothered asking him who he was (though he asked me). Can't really say much about his poetry or "greatness" but he seemed to be a kind old man nonetheless.

(That's the trouble with Somalis, they expect you to either magically know or rudely ask old men who they are - I only do rude when I ask, see).

War ayuub ina adeer, dhagacaskaan ma anaa madaxa ka dharbaaxa, mise adaan kuu daayaa oo madaxa ka dharbaaxi doono :D:D .....

Mr.dhagacas,If we tell you "he is great", we expect you to say "taxta amrak yaa akhuuyu" nothing more,nothing less and no questions bout it mister...or else we will make you look like "DABACAS" :Dicon_razz.gif:D

asxantu

Blessed   

The first set pictures make Burco look like baadiye...damn!

I'm glad it's raining though, mansha Allah. smile.gif

*aaah* Tanag you Ayuub smile.gif

AYOUB   

^^You're confusing the rainy season with the monsoons season. :D

Chackmate, the man above claims to be a dhagacas from Burco, i'm not going to be harsh with him coz he could turn out to be my in-law. ;)

Ngonge next time you see the face below, make sure get an autograph, it could be worth something in the future. :D

hadrawi9.gifpage 1 page 2

Ameenah my pleasure and Eid Mubaarak to all!

Ayoub, I was expecting something green and moisty.

Oh well, here are some pictures of Northern Mudugh after a marginal shower last year. Just for comparison.

bacaadweyn___togga_dhoosaali_5_2004_006_

Ba'adweyn

bacaadweyn___togga_dhoosaali_5_2004_005.

Ba'adweyn

bacaadweyn___togga_dhoosaali_5_2004_0091

Ba'adweyn's romantic sky

balli_dhowrto.jpg

Balli Dhowrto

yamayska_gaalkacyood_2004_003.jpg

Yamayska, North west Galkayo

yamgak.jpg

yamgak2.jpg

cumar_samantar_secondry_school_2004_004.

A wet school, Galkayo

NGONGE   

Chackmate, the man above claims to be a dhagacas from Burco, i'm not going to be harsh with him coz he could turn out to be my in-law.

I don’t claim, inadeer. It is where I was born and where my family reside (if that’s qualification enough of course). You’ll probably argue that I’m a dhagacas and I’ll, probably, agree. :D

Back to your photo: it looks nothing like the photo I posted above. Yours, is the one I always see of Hadraawi, which is why I asked the question. They look like two different old men, saaxib. We need further confirmation. icon_razz.gif

As for being your in-law, erm, no comment. ;)

AYOUB   

^^lol@no comment

Bro you must've missed the link to the pictures of the old man in my previous link. Thats how he looks these days, or at least that's how the man who was in London sometime last year looks.

You’ll probably argue that I’m a dhagacas and I’ll, probably, agree.

At last! we agree on something. :D

Nationalist

Those were really nice pictures indeed. As you can see the ones I posted were just after it rained and it takes a few days for the vegetation to chage.