Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somalia Journalists Running to Somaliland

The Media is a very powerful industry specialy in today's globalised world. In fact, the media is counted as the third power after the economic and military power of a country. Hence the importance of journalists can not be underestatimated. Journalists weild the power make or break, to mend or damage, to bring together or dessimate hatred between two peoples. I see the presence of Mogadishu's most famous journalists in our capital city as an opportunity that we must not miss to capitalise and invest on.

We all know the fact that Mogadishu will be freed sooner or later. And this sad chapter will be a thing of the past. But what will live on is the stories that these journalists will take back to their city. Those stories will depend on how we treated them in their day of need. I hope the people of Somaliland invest in this opportunity and welcome these journalists with open arms.

Folks from Mogadishu's Academia shares with us

about their recent visit to Hargeisa.

That happy dude looks like a very nice chap. His happy-going put a big smile on my face as well. smile.gif

Xoogsade   

Hargeysa bella waaye obviously. Ilaahay ha u barakeeyo nabadooda. Jaamacad aad u quruxsan oo soomaalida lacag ay iska aruuriyeen iyo deeq lagu dhisay, now ethiopians took it as one of their headquarters. Muqdisho was on its way to recovery before it was set back a decade. Even as I write, people are leaving it to wherever they think life is better. Many can't even afford the sky-rocketted fee for the bus.

I have spoken with my older brother and he sounded very despondent. May be I should tell him to go to hargeysa since he doesn't want to go to Kenya. I didn't think about that honestly haddaayay when I was talking to him.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

Folks from Mogadishu's Academia shares with us
about their recent visit to Hargeisa.

That happy dude looks like a very nice chap. His happy-going put a big smile on my face as well.
smile.gif

Maad naga daysid saxib. Dad ayaana caawa seexanaynine :D

Very good school. Does it have a British Curriculum?

The media is a powerful tool. That's why SL gov recently took a strong grab at controlling the SL media. The zionis started their dominance by controlling all media outlets.

North,

This is the second school that provides GCSE certification. The other is Sheikh Boarding School in Sahel region.

Hargeysa bella waaye obviously. Ilaahay ha u barakeeyo nabadooda. Jaamacad aad u quruxsan oo soomaalida lacag ay iska aruuriyeen iyo deeq lagu dhisay, now ethiopians took it as one of their headquarters. Muqdisho was on its way to recovery before it was set back a decade. Even as I write, people are leaving it to wherever they think life is better. Many can't even afford the sky-rocketted fee for the bus.

I have spoken with my older brother and he sounded very despondent. May be I should tell him to go to hargeysa since he doesn't want to go to Kenya. I didn't think about that honestly haddaayay when I was talking to him.

That is the disheartening part of it all. The so called International community never cared about Mogadishu when the Warlords divided the city into pockets of warring warlord-doms. As soon as they saw that these people have gotten their acts together and started rebuilding their city, they came and destroyed it.

If your brother is able to cope with the higher living costs of Hargeisa (in comparison to Mogadishu's), he shall find a welcoming second home.

Xoogsade   

Suldaanka, It is not more expensive than Nairobi where he lived before I suppose. Inshallah I will suggest that to him if it is safe enough to travel.

Muqdisho waa u dhamaatay. It is finished.

Chimera   

^Never!!!!!!!!!!!! When the Barbarian American mameluks and puppets are out, Somalis will pour into the Capital just look at Bosaso or Hargeisa these were small towns now there cities with populations larger than Djibouti and Mogadishu had a population of -3 million there are still millions of our people there surviving the least we can do is show faith in their resilience