Sign in to follow this  
Hunguri

Interpeace comments on the ICG report on Puntland

Hunguri   

This note provides a commentary on the ICG report “The Trouble with Puntland” (12 August 2009) with reference to the section on the constitutional review process. Relevant extracts from the ICG report are annexed at the end of this note for ease of reference.

Key concerns regarding the ICG report section on the constitutional review process are that it demonstrates:

1. ignorance of the Puntland constitutional review process

2. unreasonable criticism of the constitutional review process

3. inherent contradictions

:D Its very interesting to read!

Wardheernews

Hunguri   

Che, Its very clear. Interpeace wants to fit their Organizational trade mark in the market of the new Puntland constitution.

UZTAAD   

inter peace is nothing but bunch of war mongers they benifif from conflicts in africa and else where. they are insearch of new markets after they are thrown out of somaaliland. but i apreciate their efforts to rectfy the errors commited by ICG on puntland.

Dr Ligle   

Well according to the new agreement signed by the tfg and puntland all the aid agencies and international organization are required to base themselves in puntland so they can cope with the ever increasing fleeing people from the south.

However this will also bring people like interpeace i assume, which i personally don't mind as long as they provide constructive criticism and not fruitless criticism as the ICG report provided!!!

Puntland has it's problems and it's got educated leader who will solve them, but it is no-way like the crisis unfolding in hargeysa where they require ethiopia foreign minister to negiotate between the factions before an all out war!!!

Nor is it as bad as hamar where 100s of people are dying everyday!!!. Our problems are alot minor compared to the rest of the country because our problem is not our leader because he is good leader our problem is external issues related to public which all states in the world have. That can be solved alot easier then having bad leadership that is when u know you are in danger because it starts right at the top!!!

Dr Ligle   

ThankfulSP...i don't need to go to puntland to know that 100 people dont die on puntland street.

Puntland is nothing like hamar and if u think so your in for big suprise!!! If puntland was such bad place 28000 slanders wouldn't be living in bossaso refugee camp. 100 000 southern displaced people wouldn't be living in puntland if it such a bad place.

Sxb even puntland worst of worst person doesn't cause harm to local people. Look at the pirates do u see them raping and looting and killing locals? hell no. Sxb because even our bad people are sheikh like compared to others!!!

Go watch Bossaso advertisement on etn tv a locally own television channel!!!

Thankful   

I think maybe 90% of the people who talk about Puntland have never been there. I'll say this much, the second hand info you are getting from different sources is much different then what you will experience if you ever do go.