Sign in to follow this  
art

Range resources given the official go-ahead

^^^Art, Puntland has no warlords, you mean elders, issims or traditional leaders...Paragon is what vagulay resembles a warlord from our region, but he is a cyber one and has no real power even in SOL. :D .

^^^Trust me mate, there are no warlords in Puntland, like Somaliland, there are clans and they are armed but they do not centre on a single individual or factions... The reason you here references to warlords is simple, the people here are not all that familiar with the state...

the Puntland Parliament which has many MP's from that region gave the go ahead

Who elected in first instance the so-called "MP's from that region"?

Are you implicitly stating that the

Warsangelis & Dhulbahantes from parts of Sool and Sanag have indeed witnessed an utterly transparent whole electoral process and are yet audacious enough to reject the "parliament's" decision?

More fundamentally, has a referendum taken place to let local tribes decide wether they accept to join Puntland, Somaliland or set up their very own administration more likely to take their interest into account while being directly accountable at the local level in the absence of a responsible national government?

The exploration area is not limited to Majiyahan, but covers all of Puntland and in particular the Nugaal [Oil and Gas], Qndala[silver] and other areas

In other words, a weak and autocratic administration is selling wholesalely our limited and no-renewable ressources without even any nationaly recognized Government's review,

moreover to a single obscure company apparently impatient to take inconsidered risks and initiate constant fighting in disputed areas?

Do I really have to remind you that the current climate in our country is not really propitious to such central decisions, not only at the federal level but also more locally given the territorial conflicts involving local tribes as well as Somaliland's and Puntland troops?

Finally, does the pockets of a handful corrupt "Af mishaaro" take precedence on peace and national reconciliation, not mentioning the equitable repartition of national, no-renewable resources?

Paragon   

Paragon is what vagulay resembles a warlord from our region, but he is a cyber one and has no real power even in SOL. .

Duke, man that was below the belt :D . I didn't know speaking against the greed and pilage of a venture capitalist firm such as range resources would win me the title of 'Cyber Warlord'. Then again I guess, you have that inherited gene with which you share with uncle Yey; the only gene that has been thus far identified as the one enforcing the tendency to seek the help of heathens. Look at Baidoa today, heathens are roaming its streets, and also, look at Puntland more even greedier heathens are swamming the land. For all I care, keep the heathens in your land. Don't force it on other Muslims-just keep them and we shall see what you reap from sowing their appeasement. Just scroll up and see art's true colour showing-he is in the first phase of paying of the warlords lol, the second phase would 'paving off' the law lords from clogging range resources inwardly paths.

PS; As a kinsman who wishes nothing but good, when that happens, I shall come to your rescue :D .

art   

From the announcement released today by Range

As a result of the discussions with, and presentations to the TFG, the acting TFG Minister for Oil and Gas committed the TFG to further support Range in its development of Puntland with an agreement that the TFG will recognise and uphold the key terms of Range’s Contract of Work within any national framework of mining and petroleum legislation enacted as part of the Somali unification process which the TFG is involved in.

Paragon.....any comments?

Goonle   

The president himself cant read a contract, i dont expect the minister of energy to be much better. Its a farce, the only ones making money on this range deal is range itself, what theyre give out is pocket change to a bunch of crooks.

Goonle   

Its a good thing to have the mandate from people who live on the land before u sign contracts on their behalf. Puntland does not govern sool and sanaag. :D:D:D

Paragon   

Originally posted by art:

From the announcement released today by Range

quote:

As a result of the discussions with, and presentations to the TFG, the acting TFG Minister for Oil and Gas committed the TFG to further support Range in its development of Puntland with an agreement that the TFG will recognise and uphold the key terms of Range’s Contract of Work within any national framework of mining and petroleum legislation enacted as part of the Somali unification process which the TFG is involved in.

Paragon.....any comments?
art, not really. As I've stated in another thread, the time in discussing these issues is time better spent on something more useful. But when sh!t hits the fan, go back and re-read my advices. That may help.

PS: I have started blogging about Somali Politics and I have a gut feeling that I shouldn't post anything about these issues in this forum. Were you to want to discuss more, drop me a line in this blog - Rogue Elements That way I wouldn't have a moderator resorting to cheap shots.