Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Al Shabaab, what do you want?

N.O.R.F   

Geel Jire,

I think you have skipped a very pertinent question saxib.

I supported AS during their legitimate struggle against Ethiopian occupying forces. But things have changed and people and groups must adapt to changes. This is not a time for war but a time for negotiation. AMISOM are not hunting them down nor are they restricting their movement or are they bombing whole districts in the capital (a sense of perspective is important here).

I haven’t been keeping up with Somali politics of late but to-date I don’t think AS have come out and categorically stated what they actually want out of the new circumstances they find themselves in. All we know is that they want AMISOM out.

Are they prepared to negotiate to get them out? Are they prepared to commit to ensuring the safety of the govn’t and all citizens? Should they be calling for AMISOM to leave whilst fighting their fellow brethren for control of other areas? You see how important it is for them to come out and SAY what they want and HOW they think it should be achieved?

Do I think AMISOM is an occupying force? Yes I do. Do I believe they will leave anytime soon? Not if AS continue to play dumb. Put the guns down and put the political wing in over-drive (if they have a political wing). If anything happens they are the only one's who know where they have stashed their guns. It's a win win. If only they would wake up and see it.

Where is Kash?