Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

The Believer....

Khayr   

Salaamz

Bismillah....

I just wanted to share with you a hadith or two that I found interesting and revealing....

Caan Abu Hurairah Caan a rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) qaala:

Al-Mumin GHARRA KAREEMUN, Wal FAAJIRU KHAABA LAAEMUN .

From Abu Hurairah from the prophet (salallahu caliyhe wasilm): The Believer is Simple, Generous (noble in character)and the sinner is Cunning, Cowarldy) Narrated By Imam Ahmad, Tirmidhi and Abu Dauud

Explaination of Key Arabic Terms (I CAPITILIZED the Arabic words in the hadith that are to be explained below inshallah

1. GHARRA -Eghrarra-Simple, hearted, inexperienced, nieve, guillibe, inattentive, inadvertent, heedless.

This word can be used in a both positive and negative sense of nievity, positive in the sense of a nieve, unsupsecting, inexperienced, uncalculating person. This is the intended sense so that it is used in this hadith, for its negative cannotations; that of heedlessness, inattentiveness are unbecoming of the virtues of the Mumin and clearliy in the hadith, a contrast is being made btwn the Believer and the Sinner.

(It is interesting that the very opposite meanings are expressed in the word GHARRA-Gharrur which means to Mislead, Deceive, beguile, to delude, to blind, to dazzle, to seduce, to imperile)

2. Kareem-Keraama -Noble, distinguised, high ranking, eminent, high minded, noble minded, noble hearted, generous, valuable, decent, gracious, precious, costly.

The word Kareem itself conveys in a word almost a catalogue of the cardinal virtues of the Bliever. The use of the this word by the prophet (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) to describe the Believer is therefore itself very comprehensive.

3. Al-Faajir, Fajuurun, Fajara

-To cleave, to break up, ti dig up, to act immorally, to sin, to be sinner, to live indicently, to lead a disolute life, to commit fornication, adulterym incest, beastility, to break social boundaries, to become chaotic, to loose all sense of values and priorities.

The Faajir (not Fajir as in salat) is therefore the extreme opposite to the Mumin, who has submitted his/her will and inclination to the ideals and authority of Revelation based in the faith in GOD.

4. KHAABA from Khabaaa which mens "to hide, to conceal, to be hidden", Khaabun as an adjective describing a subject means a person who conceals his real intentions and behaviours behind his apparent "public image", thus the English word "cowardly" affraid to expose his rel intentions "cunning"

5. LAAEMUN -cunning, mischievous, deceptive, ill intented, trouble maker, manipulative, cowardly.

Inshallah, these are some notes of mine that I wanted to share with some nomads for Ramadan and I'll stop at this Definitions for now but inshallah I will add the Bayaan to it from my notes

Fi Amanillah

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Bismallah...

Explaination and Interpretation of the Hadith

In this hadith, the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) contrasts two fundmental characteristics of the disposition of the Beliebver adn the characteristics of the disposition (Khasaalat) of the Sinner (Al Faajir)

Now the contrast is btwn to unsimiliar subjects (The Mumin and the Faajir). The dissimilarity is in the fact that the two are not exactly oppositces, for the opposite of Mumin/Believer is the Disbeliever (Al Kafir) and the opposite of Sinner (Al Faajir) is that of the Righteous (Al Baraa or Al Saaleh)

Similiarly the contrast btwn the characteristics mentioned in both cases are not exactly opposites. For the opposite of Ghaarun i.e. Simple minded, nieve is that of Sophisiticated, mature, experienced and also the opposite of Kareem (noble) is baseness and the opposite of cunning (Khaaba)is franknress (Iklaas) and the opposite of Cowardleness (Laamun) is bravery.

Therefore, what we have here is not a contrast of complete opposites bu a contrst in CONFLICTING CHARACTERISTICS which reflect the basic disposition.

The first characteristic mention is that of Simplicity (Ghaara) in the sense of nieveness, simple minded, unsuspecting. This does not mean Stupidittty (Xaamaka) but rather that the child like quality of not expecting or thinking evil of others. This is b/c the basic disposition of the Believer is towards goodness and so they will not expect and think evil of others. For people tend to see other people, the world and life in general in the way they see themselves. If a person is good, they will think, feel and expect good from others and from life, they will be postive in their outlook.

If a person is evil, they will think and feel and expect evil of others and from life, they will negative in outlook. For every person assess reality in accordance to what they see in themselves.

The simplicity of the Believer comes from their inner peace which results from their sumbisisont o Allh; By Sumbitting their Will ti AKkah , the Nafs comes gradually to acquire the virteous qualities, among which are Simplicty of the heart and nobility of the will , The simplicity of the heart comes through gradually centralizing the desires and emotions on one supreme ideal -ALLAH.

In Islam, the process of coming to Love for the SAKE OF ALLAH and the hate for the SAKE OF ALLAH is also making steadfast the IMAN.

From Ibn Abaas who reported the rasul (sallalhu caliyhe wasilm) said " Oh Abu Dhar, which aspects of Iman is most Firm?" Abu Dhar replied : Allah and his messsenger know best and He (sallalhu caliyhe wasilm) said : "(Cooperation fo rthe sake of Allah, love for the sake of Allah and hate for the sake of Allah) Imam Al Baihaqi narrated this hadith.

The love of Allah is such a tremmmmoundoussss allll consummminggg ideal that human beings require to gradually acquire it through means and medium which are humanly meaningfull. For this reason, Allah has sen his messengers and has raised in every age those who are HIS living symbols among mandking to beomce a means for the average souls to understand what it means to Love Allllah! So the love of Allah which comes from conststant remembrance of All is practically attainable through the love and adherence to hsi messengers and saintly souls.

"Those who beleive and thier hears find satisfication with the rememberance of Allah, for certainly with the rememberance of Allah ,are hearts satisfied" Sura 13:v. 28

"Say if you truelly love Allah then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you, your sins and Allah is forgiving, mercifuly" Sura Al Imran, v. 31

As for nobility (Takreem-Kareem), it comes because on the basis of IMAN/FAITH the Believer over comes their Nafs and goes beyond from being self centred and slefish to being centred on Allah and ultraistic. All the virtues that make up nobility of character require self transcendance and self transformation

"... and who ever is saved from the covetness of their own self, they are the ones that achieve prosperity...) Sura 59, v. 9

Can any nomad relate to any of this so farrrr?

Or am I saying things that you can not relate to,

have not experienced in life, qualities that you are not aware of in others or in your self.

Fi Amanillah