Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland doesn' t need advice from Mr.Geedi

I would have thought that Mr.Geedi, the "prime minister" of the transitional federal government claiming to rule Somalia, would have far more pressing things to be concerned about than Somaliland's affairs.

For one thing, he is getting bombed left, right and centre, and secondly, his one time, close friend, Mr.Yuusuf is trying to exclude Mr.Geedi from the Somalia gravy train. Where is all the aid money? Why are the people of Somalia still starving to death by the thousands? Why are there incompetent and ignorant people claiming to represent Somalia overseas? Are the poor Somalis in Somalia still living the Barre nightmare? Somalis have many sayings for the person preoccupied with other people's whilst neglecting his own, but Mr.Geedi is inspiring even more sayings.

Mr.Geedi poor attempt to seem statesman is laughable. Surely, this is the same person who was accusing Somaliland of terrorism!, Is this not the same person who paid a visit to Puntland with express intentions of goading their militia to attack Somaliland? When did Mr.Geedi become concerned with Somaliland? Is it after Somaliland ran out of patience and scattered the Puntland militia to smithereens. Who know what goes on in Mr.Geedi's mind, but one thing is for sure, realism is not one of them.

Mr.Geedi, here is a reality, Somaliland is a sovereign and independent country. We are touched by your concern, but you would do better to protect the poor people of Somalia from oppression, poverty, hunger, murder and mayhem. Somaliland can take care of itself, please Mr.Geedi, take care of your own house.

Ahmed Kheyre

London, UK

A.J.   

Well put, Mr Ahmed Kheyre,

I couldnt agree more.

Geedi is a joke and know even the man whose **** he's been licking for so long has rejected him, he wants to prance around pretending to be a real statesman, the guy is pathetic. aint nobody listening to what he is saying. even his own people have discarded him so what does expect from Somaliland.

Get real you pathetic joke of a man, and slip away without further shame and emberassment

Juje   

Originally posted by SheekhaJacaylka:

Mr.Geedi, here is a reality, Somaliland is a sovereign and independent country.

And he is claiming to be real... :D:D:D

A De Facto and not a De Jure indepedant ... in the eyes of the law Geedi is your Acting Prime Minister loool, not tat even i call him my Priome Minister

Juje   

Somaliland (Somali: Soomaaliland) is a de facto independent republic located in the Horn of Africa within the internationally recognized borders of Somalia.

And this makes you celebrate, do you realise that u r still defined as 'within'. :D:D

NGONGE   

A pointless and unnecessary article starting up a pointless and unnecessary argument!

What worries me about all this is that if Somaliland never gets its recognition (and is forced to rejoin Somalia) people like the author above might commit suicide in droves! Still, that's patriotism for you I suppose.

LANDER   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

A pointless and unnecessary article starting up a pointless and unnecessary argument!

What worries me about all this is that if Somaliland never gets its recognition (and is forced to rejoin Somalia) people like the author above might commit suicide in droves! Still, that's patriotism for you I suppose.

As long as we have some cupcake of Somalilanders around, I guess security will always be paramount.

NGONGE   

^^ Was that a dig? :D

I know it's a difficult one and don't expect to get a proper reply from you, but, have you ever asked yourself what will happen if the Somaliland dream does happen?

LANDER   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Was that a dig?
:D

I know it's a difficult one and don't expect to get a proper reply from you, but, have you ever asked yourself what will happen if the Somaliland dream does happen?

International recognition, You call it a 'dream' to the rest of us (countrymen) and an ever growing pool of international academics, it is perfectly feasible. So why don't you answer that question for us in your infinite wisdom?

NGONGE   

^^ Never said it is not feasible, saaxib. Keep your macawis on :D

Between me and you now (ignore all others), don't you have any doubts? Ok, if not doubts, don't you sometimes have any nightmares where the whole thing does not work?

My infinite wisdom tells me that just in case things don't work out dadka wa en hada wax loo sheego oo la bisliyo! At least then it would not come as a shattering shock. Do you really have a problem with such an opinion?