Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Mogadishu tamed: security clear up project: PICS

Bokero   

T..Thanks for the correction ...

isnt the silence deafing... DUKE and Somalieco... COME on defend your stand!!! !!!

I really dont want to conclude with the obvious.., surely u can come up with something? smile.gif

It's very simple Bokero. The TFG administration

has in a short time laid the necessary foundation for

the full emergence of a stabile, peaceful and democratic nation

in Somalia. This task will not be finished until the transitional

period is over and a national government installed.

In order to understand the seemingly dubious appointments of former warlords into the TFG administration, one has to take into account the overall status quo that has prevailed and nourished inside Somalia for the last decade or so and understand that these actions are in fact well-planned and smart tactics to bring the worst enemies of state (or statehood)closer to the table and subsequently tame them into ordinary officials that can then be used or exploited for various reasons; in TFGs case its mainly security for the time being. Another, perhaps more important reason that these former warlords are being welcomed by the TFG is for the improvement of the reconciliation efforts, a formula that has been proven successful for these matters; look at the recent developments in Northern Ireland for instance.

I'm sure that after this transitional period is over and the objectives in terms of security and order is restored a more competent administrations with a suitable background for nationbuilding will emerge.

Since your not a supporter of the ICU and hopefully not a qabilist as well, I'm sure you will be more content with the work of the TFG after you see the fruits of its labor from the subsequent administrations, after the transitional period. The twaddle about colonization and whatnot is just mere demonizing remarks from the resistence, so called awr-kacsi, and will prove to be nothing but comical in the near future.

Bokero, how can you defend having kiosks and shops in the middle of a highroad?

How can you defend having landmines and RPG's in on sale in the middle of the largest market. Forget guns they had landmines, what for?

Like SE stated above the TFG has put together ina few days what no armed groups including the clown courts do, close the gun market, and remove illegal outposts across the city and restore remove the squaters from national institutions and police stations.

Bokero   

Duke and S..Eco

I think Duke u completely missed my question,, i can only assume it was deliberate... or possibly ur caught-up in his own rhetoric to the extent u answers to questions before u have even read them..... i don’t remember asking you about or defending kiosks!!!

S Eco

I have never seen a genuine reconciliation built on a platform appeasement, of killers... Can you imagine asking the people to Bosnia to allow, Miladic to be their minister or mayor? Can you see a scenario where Charles Taylor is awarded for his mayhem by a sit on a cabinet? CAN YOU see Gen Bugosora (Rwanda ex general and leader of the genocide) to be welcomed as a saviour of the very nation he pledged?

I can think you get my drift!! Somalia needs reconciliation but not at the expense of Justice. Justice has to be at the heart of that process.. We cannot and should not let impunity regardless you committed it reign.. if you do that, then it will be repeated!!

Without Justice the very process of reconciliation will be hindered... E.g how can you expected Somalilanders to reconcile with us in the South by making Morgan an adviser to the President.???? .. How can u reconcile between the Southern groups by bombing Mogadishu with Ethiopian gunships? What confidence will u give Somali minorities by appointing their killers and rapists as head of Police or governors??? There is no short-cut to sustainable peace… Peace comes with Justice… No Justice no Sustainable Peace!! You have not only pursue Justice rigorously but you have to be seen do be doing so…

My dear brother think hard and tell me if this thing called TFG is anything more than the ASSOCIATION of rapist, killers, opportunists, collaborators, traitors, genocides and finally the destroyers of a nation...

I Strongly urge all of us... to disassociate ourselves from this charade of a government and its thugerous bunch..who should be in JAIL and not lead us in the 21st century.. we need to cleanse ourselves from this cancer of supporting your Kinsmen regardless…

We are the new generation that can either follow and imitate the FAILED generation of fathers or Build a Just, and fair society that proud and dynamic…

Duke and S Eco join me in this journey!