Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Somalia, Somaliland, Puntaland and the many more...

Gediid   

Shaqsi

Let me say this a hypothetical question since I don't seem to be seeing what you said.The warlords and their 400 stooges are the ones running the show.They are the ones who are taking care of business.Are they they becoming more powerful......I would say yes because there is absolutely no one coming forward to challenge them or their stooges.

You see Shaqsi I have come to notice in the last 12 years or so that Mogadisho has been in chaos,every "PEACE CONFERENCE" a new warlord emerges adding to the misery of the common Somali.Pre Carta meeting Baidoa was relatively a peaceful city recovering from the famine and destruction Aideed inflicted upon it.Then comes Carta and where we had 1 warlord emerges 2 new ones.Look at Puntland,we had A.Yusuf before Carta, following Carta out of nowhere comes Jama Ali Jama.This makes me wonder with every peace conference are we going to see new warlords emerge or will there be peace?Will we regret that Somalis even made an attempt to reconcile but end up with more problems then they had before.

Che bro I dont think time helps in this sutuation...whats happening to Somalia is has nothing to do with liberation or for the benefit of the wider Somalis today. The term "Boobiis" has been given a new meaning in the Somali society. What we see today is all about amassing as much as one can and to hell with the rest and the country. We got thieves who are both intellectually challenged and at the sametime cant see beyong their noses.

Perhaps a suggestion to Gediid ......How about we get some boys together out in Hargeisa to be trained to come down and rain on the warlords starting with ofcouse Yusuf and then XANAAR SHIMBIIR KAMADULAYSOO.

Somaliland will regret the policy of isolation.

Somaliland is part of Somalia until the day it is recognised and joins the UN as an independent sovereign state until then Somalia issue do concern Somaliland.

The advantage of this has been that Somaliland was not dragged into the southern war, but is this because of isolationism or more to do with the geographical location of Somaliland?

The disadvantage of the isolationism is that while as a member of the Somali state any outcome of a Somali peace treaty will be binding on the state while its non presence would make it weaker to exert maximum influence. Thus losing its interest and affecting its future.

For example what if there was a power sharing formula that was advantageous to the South and Puntland and from this a recognised federal Somali state was formed.

Then all issues would be dealt by Mogadishu and the states within the federation would benefit from making decisions for the whole of Somalia. Somaliland BORDERS WOULD BE REDRAWN FROM MOGADISHU.

The point is it is better to be always realistic; the south will forever not be in anarchy. Somali’s expect more from their leaders today.

Economic activities in some places in the south is remarkable, for example Beletweyne is a booming city and Mogadishu’s BAKARA market is the larger than anything in Somalia and Djabouti. So in all honesty Somalia is not a dead country but a recuperating and healing one.