Sign in to follow this  
raadamiir

ICU Must be Terminated It's A Threat to Our Nation!!!

ICU Must be Terminated It's A Threat to Our Nation!!!

Walahi this isn't a joke these ******** think they are smarter than 15 million Somalia living in Somalia and aboard. They want to bring Qabil back to rule. They want to destroy our only Government.A diveres Government may I include.

The Somali nation can not let this happen this isn't 1991 when the nation was blind we can all see it's 2006 for god sake!!!

Afxumada jooji.

There's no such thing as Our Nation. If things pan out as planned, I will carve out my own little enclave where midget throwing will be legal as sport and trampoline our Olympic niche sport.

N.O.R.F   

At the moment there is no denying the good the ICU have done in terms of bringing peace and their wish to implement Sheria Law ( a noble cause). That is understandable and the main reasons why alot of Somalis support them.

I just dont get what the anti-ICU camp expect? Yes we hear the one clan ICU argument, but is that a crime when you have brought peace? When the port is open, when planes are landing, when road blocks have been cleared? Is the tribe question 'really' that important at this moment?

Kashafa   

^^ lol. Here's my analysis of 'determinated': The good brudda meant to write terminated , but in a fit of anti-ICU excitement, macalinka spelling-ga ayaa ka dhomay, hence the formulation of a new word: DETERMINATED

Clan COURTS should not be terminated, they can play a role but within the system, they must be contained and their millitia pose little danger to the plan to restore security.

RedSea   

"the ICU must be terminated" says who?

I really do like when these fadhi kudirir make such outstanding threats.Well buddy Raadamir,why don't ya terminate 'em?

hey, I have got an idea,why don't we make a movie,that has the same title as 'Terminator' but the sub title will only this time be, Termination of the ICU.

The movie title: Terminator(Raadamir) and the termination of the ICU.the only difference this time though is that the "good" guys are supposed to loose.

Fiasco   

Good day all

Although I don’t post my opinion often on SOL, however I do observe these threads from time to time.

The ICU is an entity which is to reckon with, both political and military. Any individual who insist these wadaad should be side lined OR believe that they should be the only entity to rule the rest of the Somalia is gravely mistaken, therefore the question which comes to surface is what to do with the ICU, indeed conundrum which mystified both camps??

Having proposed above question, we shall implement fortuitous structure.

The TFG enjoys the legitimacy, at least from international organization, and more importantly the parliament compromise all clan which inhabit the Somali republic, therefore the parliament, as institution hold strong mandate and automatically make all clan inclusive in the political process.

The solution would be as follow.

Give the ICU members key post in the executive branch; it is irrelevant at this point in this discourse which position they should hold.

Here where I personal foresee the greatest contribution the ICU can contribute, it lays in the re-establishment of Somali Republic as a state, it is in the judiciary branch.

Remember ladies and a gent of forum, this branch has never been fully functional in the short history Somalia has existed as a state (1960-91). Therefore a Helegian dialectic between TFG and ICU can produce where the ICU can enjoy autonomy in judiciary branch and enjoy influence in the executive. In return the TFG can except a few things in return: be finally be seated in Mogadishu as capital city and carry the rest of mandate. It is ambitious proposal, nevertheless it can be reached if leaders use rationality and put national interest above all.

Now as you read above mentioned proposal, you must be thinking why designate judiciary branch to ICU. There are both short and long term motivations which will benefit Somalis across the country and in return it will test intention of ICU as legitimate entity.

Short Term advantage.

As the dust settles and Somalis migrate back to their nation, the most disputed issues would be land settlement, especially in Mogadishu and the surrounding area? ( I’m sure Duke would love to get his villa back) .

The pre- 91 “ landowners” and “ liberators” who took over those land in the post 91 would drastically fight over who owns what and who should get what back?

The ICU using the Sharia as theoretical framework would settle these disputes, after all we are all MUSLIMS and should accept sharia above all other things. Therefore justice would be delivered ,which will give back the rightful owner what right fully belonged to them.

Long Term.

In the near distant, the judiciary branch will become the “check and balance” especially to the executive branch, why?

To make sure ill- intentioned leaders carry their mandated which they were elected for and make sure executive branch is not violating the right of all Somalis.

For those of you who are not convinced or believe the ICU should be political leader of this nation, I suggest that Islamist can be incorporated through the political process by becoming a political party, just like in Turkey.

IF history teaches us anything, is that Somalis well never accept the domination of one group over all other groups. Therefore an imported brand of Islam which differs dramatically for what Somalis practiced for the last several centuries won’t be accepted as light in the near future.

I DO SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG ARTICLE, BUT IN ORDER TO HAVE LIVELY DISCOURSE, ALL SIDES AND ISSUES SHOULD BE EXAMINED.

me   

Fiasco,

In my opinion The ICU or elements of the ICU do not want just power. Its a jihad to them, they are serieus, its not just another Somali faction that wants to rule. Its not just qabiil. Don't be fooled by it. They want an all out war. They want not just Somalia, but the horn of Africa.

In my opinion its not in their plan to make deals with TFG, Ethiopia or whoever and if they do its just a temporary deal or a truce. They will go for it all the way. They will start with Somalia go to Ethiopia and take it from there. They want the reunification of the ummah under one leadership.

They are taking a calculated risk, they are gambelling with Somalia and the Somalis. If they get a foothold in Somalia and get the time to build an army they will take that army to war under the pretext of the liberation of the occupied Somali areas. If they are attacked inside Somalia they will keep their struggle going just like their brothers in Iraq and Afghanistan and they will radicalize the people and trust me on that they will do that.

So these guys are going to win whatever happens. The dumbest thing that anyone (Ethiopia,Kenya, Uganda, USA) can do today is attack the ICU.