Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

What is your concept of Brotherhood/Sisterhood?

Khayr   

Salaamz,

You know the concept of Ikhowa/Brotherhood

in islam has very much been sentimentalized

in modern times and especially by muslims in the west.

I'm curious to know what some of the nomads in here define it to be from their own personal understanding.

I'm not asking for a paragraph, just your thoughts.

I know that some of us (including myself) are some times too damn lazy to write something in the Islam or Camel debate Forum but are quick to post in other forums.

Is their sisterhood, if a sister agrees with another sister just for the sake of agreeing?

Or how about just praising someone everytime you see them, yet u can't stand being around them for more than an 1hr. tops.

NOMADS, PLEASE DO FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE A WORD OR TWO

salaam,

I think it's possible to feel sincere sisterhood/brotherhood. I first experienced it in my first year of university where I met amazing Muslims.

As for not liking someone, yeah of course you'll meet ppl who u can't stand in this case true sisterhood/brotherhood would be holding your tongue and being civil for the sake of Allah despite how much the other person irritates you.

salaam

LuCkY   

SaLaaM:

My concept of sisterhood/brotherhood is:

*HeLping one out in time of need.

*Being there for one another.

*Reaching an accordance---in some situations.

*NOt backstabbing or being hypocrite,heLping them as you go aLong.

*BasicaLLy treating one another Like brothers and sisters.

I think that there is sisterhood/brother if a sis/bro agrees with another for harmonys sake---to some extent.

Or how about just praising someone everytime you see them, yet u can't stand being around them for more than an 1hr. tops.

I couLdnt praise someone i cant stand every time i saw them---I mean i wiLL try my best not to be Like but...praising someone you cant stand is just not me and i dont think a sincere sis/bro-hood exists in this situation.

Khayr   

Lucky said:

I couLdnt praise someone i cant stand every time i saw them---I mean i wiLL try my best not to be Like but...praising someone you cant stand is just not me and i dont think a sincere sis/bro-hood exists in this situation.

Walaal, realistically speaking, what we try to convince ourselves and what we do are often at conflict.

Sometimes, u can't stand another sister but you are too afraid to tell her why you don't like her,

so you try to avoid them or not talk to them.

What is really treating one another like brothers and sisters then???

If you have siblings, how do u deal with them.

Honesly, speaking you can't tell me that you are

just 'lovey dubby' with them no matter what they say or do.

Don't you get into agruments and fights with them but still make up after a day or so with them

Why is that the case?

LuCkY   

Thats true...sometimes you cant bring yourseLf to teLL someone how you reaLLy feeL.By avoiding them you are hoping that they pick up on the hints.

Yes i do have sibLings and i do get into fights and arguements with them every now and then...i am usuaLLy back to my normaL seLf after few minutes or hours---never day or days.

I deaL with them the way they deserve to be deaLt with.I mean i wiLL never do anything to hurt them whether it be physicaLLy or emotionaLLy that it damages them or our reLationship.

Why is that the case?

Because you wiLL aLways Love your sibLings no matter what they do or say...i mean you have a bond thats between you...a bond thats going to be hard to break. Whereas the bond among "so-caLLed-friends" is easiLy broken because it didnt reaLLy have a strong foundation to begin with.Friends are not bLood so its easier to Let them go...whereas FamiLy is FamiLy no matter what!!!

Treating one another Like brothers/sisters is treating someone the way you wouLd want to be treated.Recognizing their rights and not vioLating them and giving them respect---treating them Like they deserve to be treated.

I HOPE THAT MADE SOME SENSE.

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

My concept of sister/brotherhood is loving every muslims for the sake of allah. Anyone who is a muslim is my brother or sister whether I know them or not.

Modesty   

Salaam All==this topic i couldn't ignore

Concept of bro/sis hood is that we share the believe in Islam.

My other concept of bro/sis hood applies to non-muslims, in that we share humanity.

The end!

Khayr   

Luck said

Because you wiLL aLways Love your sibLings no matter what they do or say...i mean you have a bond thats between you...a bond thats going to be hard to break.

Salaamz,

walal you right about that.

But then the question is whats bond is stronger:

the bond of Deen or the bond of blood (i.e. family)???

I think that some of you would immediately say Deen but reality in your lives is otherwise.

If you and another muslim got into a heated argument or even a fight, what would your reactions be? Would you cut off ties with them because you had a conflict with them?

You know in the prophet's (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) time, the sahaba use to get into arguments and conflicts with each other.

Why, during the seerah, there was one incident that two the tribes in Madina swore to meet each after fajr to settle a score btwn their tribes via by fighting each other.

The rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) when he heard about this, he finished his fajr salat that morning and headed out by himself to the meeting place of this battle btwn the Sahaba.

He (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) weeped and cried infront of the sahabah and pleaded to them to drop their old jahiliyah ways and forget about their tribal rivaliries.

Allahu Akbir!!!

So you see, even the Sahaba didn't always get along, but they put each others differences on the side for the sake of brotherhood which often meant forgiving someone when you didn't want to.

When you smack a child for doing something wrong,

do you smack them b/c you hate them or you do so b/c you care about them and you don't want them to hurt themselves???

Nur   

Khayr Walaal

In your Tagline, you write the Verse :

"AND KNOW THAT ALLAH MOVES BACK & FORTH BETWEEN A PERSON & HIS HEART & TRULY TO HIM YOU SHALL BE GATHERED FORTH"

SURAH AL-ANFAL, V. 24

The above translation is flawed.

Clarification:

The translation of the word " YAXUULU " IS NOT " MOVES BACK & FORTH BETWEEN " As above

The word Yaxuulu is derived from the Origin Masdar "X, W, L"

The first is a noun "XAAL" meaning condition, like when we say " kayf Xaalak, or Xaalik " depending on gender we are addressing.

A past tense verb that is derived from the the same is " XAALA" like when Noah and his son were separated by the High Ocean Waves.

The word xawl is also referred as a period in time for purpose of accunting for Zakat

The same masdar " Xiila" is used for solving a problem by means of creative thinking or as we call it Trick, because a trick misleads you from the apparent conclusion.

Based on the above, in the context of the revalation, it means Allah SWT intercepts the decision making CONDITION or Xaal, between a person and his heart ( home of intentions) and alters it to a different direction as a punishment.

So, the closest word for 'Yaxuulu" is to separate two entities in order to cut communication links, just like how armies jam each others communications during a battle.

The Moral of the verse is, that if we do not respond to Allah when we are asked to, and instead put it off for later time, we are risking that we will miss the opportunity of responding to Allah altogether, as Allah may not bless us again with the right intention needed for the action we were asked to do to get the reward that goes with it.

Wallah Aclam

Nur