Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

The Beautiful Story of Prophet Yusuf: Lessons Learnt

Salamu Alaikum,

It is customary for me to greet and hope that my fellow nomad brothers and sisters are in good health and doing well.

The topic I would love to discuss is what lessons have been learned from the beautiful story of Yusuf as Allah (Aza Wa Jal) narrated to us in the Holy Qura'an.

I would like to know what those people who read this Surah learnt from this haq story ? Did what you learned change you for the better ?

For me, I learnt that in any under situation one needs to keep patient and fear Allah because Allah is with those who are patient and fear him.

I also learnt that jealosy is a disease which we should all clean from our hearts. Because Jealosy hardens the heart until one feels so jealous that he or she might commit a major sin to cause the downfall of the one he/she is jealous of.

I eagerly await some responses.

Jazaka Allah Khair_ Wa Bi Allahi Tawfiq

Mujahid

MaandeeQ   

Asalaamu Caleykum Waraxmatulaahi Wabrakaatuh

Mujahid, good topic bro....

It's a beautiful Surah indeed N ful of lessons that last 4 ever.

One of the lessons that I learned from s....

There's always light @ the end of the tunnel, so don't give up when things got tough.

When I feel like everything's going wrong 4 me, I learned from this surah to always remember that Allah tests those whom he loves in order to c how strong their IMAN s.

These 2 particular lessons definitely made me a better person in the sense of been able to take whatever challenge life throws on my way.

Bro, what u think of Surat Al-Cimran?

--------------------------

"Innal-laaha Yarzuqu Man Yashaa'u Bikheyri Xisaabin"

asalamu calaykum w.w

i have learned alot from the story of our yusuf calayhi salaam but mostly about jelousy.

its true what u said about jelousy mujahid it does harden the heart of the human being.

once the prophet s.a.w was sitting with his companions a man passed by and the prophet s.a.w. said that he is from the people of jannah, i am not sure wheather it was the same day but the prophet s.a.w said it three times to his companions that the man was from the ppl of jannah, so one of the companions wondered what he did extra and thought that he should follow him or investigate him more like it. so he went to the man and asked him if he could stay with him, the companion watched the man carefully for three days but could not find anything different except that when he is sleeping and wants to turn he says lailaha ilalah.

the companion thought that he should just confess and ask him what he does that made that prophet s.a.w say that he is from the ppl of jannah, so he asked and the man replyed that he doesn't have any jelousy or hatred in his heart for his muslim brothers and sisters.

that touched me when i heard it.

wasalaam

Wa Alaikum Salaam,

Thanks for the replies Mandeeq and Xamdiya, touching comments.

In reply to Mandeeq, Surah Al-Imran is also very memorable in my heart like every single Surah of the Quran it teaches us about Allah and that we should obey him and worship him alone without associating any patners.

When the family of Cimran prayed for a child they promised that they would bring up this child only for the purpose of worshipping Allah and not for any other reason. Allah out from His Over-Flowing Bounty granted them Maryam, Mother of Prophet Isa (Alaihi Salaam). Maryam was always in seclusion worshipping Allah and she guarded her chastisity all the time. Allah chose Maryam to deliver a Miracle to the children of Israel and to guide them from darkness into light. This miracle was the birth of Isa without a father. Isa (AS) came to the children of Israel to confirm what was with them (The Taurat) and was given the Injiil and commanded to convey the message that there is no God worthy of worship except Allah. He like other prophets was a devouted Muslim calling to the same message of his fore-fathers Ibrahim, Isaac and Jacob as well as informing the children of Israel that there is another prophet after him whose name shall be Ahmed* and that he shall be the comforter (same prediction also to be found in the christian scripture Deutromony chapter 18 verse 18 where Jesus is quoted to have said that there will be another comforter after himself).

I hope you find the information above useful and everything that I said which is correct comes from Allah and what ever mistake I have made I ask Allah to forgive me and correct me.

Salaam !

Whom Allah Guides None Can Misguide and

Whom Allah allows to be Misguided none can guide

*Ahmed= Holy Prophet Mohamed (SAW)

Salamu Alaikum,

I do not understand why many people do not visit and comment on the topics on the Islamic forum and when other forums people cannot stop replying ?

Can someone explain this to me please I am totally baffled :confused:

Assalaamu alaikum wr wb

brother Mujaahid, the story of propget Yusuf ( calayhi salaam) is beautiful story and the lesson that have learned from it pretty much same things wat u have menshend.

In regards to,why there isn't enough ppl having to comment on the islamic topic? that is a good question that one has to ask him/herself.

As for u don't warry about it, coz there is at least one person that would benefit wat u post and insha'alah Alaah (s.w) will reward u for that.

" o Alaah changer of the hearts, change our hearts to obiedience to you".

Salaamu Alaikum,

Thanks Amatullah. The story of Yusuf is a story full of lessons many people I know love this sura but do they take lessons from it ?

If you ponder on it you will see many themes and lessons of life are given in this story but the most fundamental is patience and taqwa. Yusuf (AS) kept patience when he was in prison when he got wrongfully accused and so did his father Yacquub (AS) when he was told his sons Yusuf (AS) and Benjamin were lost. Both Prophets showed taqwa as they fully trusted in Allah in all their affairs during their bad times and at the end were rewarded when Allah established Yusuf (AS) in the land and made him Minister of Finance and re-united all his family when they did a sujuud as Yusuf initally saw in his dream the Moon and Sun (Mother and Father) and 11 stars (11 sons of Yacquub)prostrating:

" Alif Laam Raa Tilka aayatul kitaabil mubiin."

" Inaa anzalnaahu Qur'anan carabiyan lacalakum tacqiluun."

" Naxnu naqusu calayka axsanal qasasi bimaa awxaynaa ilayka haadal Qur'an wa in kunta min qablihi laminal qaafiliin. "

" Id qaala yusufu li abiihi yaa abati ini ra aytu axada cashara kawkaba wa shamsa wal qamara ra ay tuhum lii saajidiin "

" Qaala ya bunaya la taqsus ruyaa aka calaa ikhwatika faya kiidu laka kayda ina shaydana lil insaani caduwun mubiin."

" Wa kadaalika yajtabiika rabuka wayu calimuka min ta wiilil axaadith wa yutimu nicmatahu calayka wa calaa aali yacquuba kamaa atamahaa calaa abawayka min qablu ibraahiima wa isxaaqa ina rabaka caliimun xakiim."

W/Salaam,

Mujahid

RayZak   

A/alaykum....

walaal.brotherz and sisterz...how r u doing??

am happy to have u guys here..as i read some posted article so far i have benefited alot and am thanking you guys for the favour..my allah reward u guys..alxamdullilah..we have u guys here......

"There's always light @ the end of the tunnel, so don't give up when things got tough"

once u c this, there is nothing else to think of but to trust your allah and be strong...thanks Mandeeq ..i copied from your post.

i have something else to tell u bros/sisterz..

ther is another website called www.horseed.net..

i have tried to ask the administrator to make islamic forum but refused. i know u can do it, but he don't want..

there is some stuff like freestyling, and poems, and general forums in that websitez, and each of that has it's own rules..for ex. general discussions has the rule that no one can freestyle...so...i aske the administrator to do the same and add islam forum in there..but never listened to me....

am looking forward to your advices ..wat can i do..

should i let ppl vote..am sure no one would refuse but as he is the adm. so..i don't know wat to do..

salaam.

Buubto   

Indeed is a beautiful & enlightening story for all of us. Is a story with lesson to be learned from. Look how patient & faithful both prophets are Yacqub & yusuf. I just compared what is the different b/w their faith & ours. If something so little happens to us for example, the Internet connection is so slow, we suddenly get inpatient & upset (Subxana laah). Indeed there are lessons to be learned from prophet yusuf salalaahu Aleyhi salaatu wasalaam. I learned: -

1. Jealousy is a very harmful disease that is enemy to our hearts which can turn our hears a part.

2. I also leaned if u believe in Allah fully u will get whatever u ask Allah.

3. The other thing I learned was patience is the key of life, without patient u r unsuccessful.

4. Faith (Iman) without faith u can not succeed in this life

5. Never get tied of making du’a to Allah no matter how many times u r making it.

6. Be forgiving no matter what happened to you.

7. never be tempted by the beauty (wealth, women or etc) of this earth, that can lead u to sin.

P.s mujahid bro thanx fro remanding us this beautiful story that is a very good lesson which is based in our daily life. As for the issue not many ppl responding, it could be lack of knowledge that they don’t know about the great story of prophet yusuf. So if u would have posted, for those who haven’t heart the story b4would have benefit it. And more likely to state what they learned from it.

That is just suggestion. Forgive me if I offended u in any way. May Allah reward u Peace.

Mujahid Walaal keep up the good work bro another gr8 topic and discussion, i unfortunately am abit too ignorant about my deen, and this is a thing i find am changing right now allahmdulillah, and i find ur contirbutions here very helpfull and inspiring. so continue posting more topics and am sure u'll find ore ppl in the islamic forum.

My allah reward ur efforts.