Sign in to follow this  
qoslaaye

IS MOGADISHO GOOD ENOUGH TO BE OUR CAPITAL?

Changed   

war kalay is that a question that should be asked

MOGDISHO was the capital and will be the capital isha allah :D

A/Aleykum" DhaMaantiinaba"!

!!!"To:All Nomad's"!!!

First of all i really want say this is beautiful Descution and very interesting Topic to talk about our future capital of our own nation"

The second of all i dont mine to know what's the other pple think of thise that's really very very nice to complicated defference openion's the other's nothing wrong with that focus i can really say this or that but let's focus to or we Must face of how can we be peacefull country & stable, pple...

Just question to the all namad's

Do we really need a Peace~Full_Place to be

or

How can we safe~our CounTry not happed

Onother tragedy"

!!!"This is for every one pls Respond"!!!

"MY'OpeNion is if Any one can count my Vote"

"Why can we take_ Vote"?

!!!"Our future Nation CaPiTal"!!!

one: Marka~Cadee"

Two: "!!KiSMayo"kisTaada" iyo KiSkaaGa"!!

"MugDico" today is danager place let's prey to bring peace to old Capital, SoMalia"

"God~ Bless"

"GREat~SoMaLia" :cool:

The point is not Mogadishu was or will be, it is is Mogadishu suitable today to be the capital?

The answer is no.

Mogadishu has a culture of violance unlike any other city in Somalia. To deny this fact is to be ****** . It is beautiful it has potential but not today, and nore for the coming 5- 10 years. It will be an economic powerhouse but to clear all the scars of the war will take time.

Other cities should be considered, Hargaysa, Bossaso and Kismayu are too far out.

Why not creat a new town, but hey we are poor

Salaan...

Do not blame Xamar itself. Blame those who came to it from God-knows where. And they brought their nastiest nomadic actions to Xamar. Them should go whence they came from originally and leave Muqdisho as it was prior to 1990--Xamar belongs to ciyaal xamar--all of them.

ps. do u have any pictures/stories to share about ur visit? Please tell me how the ppl are doing. thanks.

Yeah, I do have a lot of pictures, especially me standing in the midst of Bermuuda—near to Isgooyska Bakaaraha. It is worst xaafad in Xamar now, which was where I grew up. Congratulate me how geesi I was standing just there. icon_razz.gif That xaafad si xunaa loo galay. Balaaya basaa heshay.

The only former government-owned public places that looks exactly the same is Tarbuunka. That place is really the same. I think shubkii lagu dhisay aa adkaa. Now, at the nearby of Tarbuunka, like Isbitaalka Xooga and Sarihii Ruushka, it became xarunta jaadka lagu gado.

The best road is also located in Tarbuunka area. It is the avenue from KM-4 which goes all the way to Tarbuunka to Jidka Sodonka. I think it is called Jidka Banaadir. This road and the adjoining one, Taleex Avenue, are the best roads in Xamar. And the best xaafad is Taleex, which I was staying. Newly built houses were booming in Taleex and Carwadda area.

However, you can’t recognize Isgooyska Kaasa Balbalaare. I was looking, kept saying, "Where is the isgooys? Where?" When I was finally shown, I had travelled on that route before and hadn't had any idea it was the isgooys I had seen because much of it had changed. In the middle of the isgooys itself, there are some baraako-built stores. Almost all other isgooyses I had seen had been converted like that. The worst is located in right middle of Jidka Sodonka, now called Black Sea—where they sell jaad, shidaal and car equipments, all side by side on the road.

I must say that if you can drive a car in Xamar, you are a masterful driver, much more like a NASCAR-driver. It is not really that simple. Where chaos and anarchy prevails, they still try their best to drive like there are laws to obey. The funniest is some drive on the wrong side of the road because the other way is badly damaged, thus avoiding. By then driving on the wrong, illegal side, they fight with the other upcoming traffic. And honking of cars is thus on all the time, with: "War ka leexo meesha...War intee u socotaa adiga...War jidkaaga ku soco kan dhanka kale waaye..."

Masaajidka C/rashiid still stands too. I prayed there one Friday with a lot of gazing and staring from the standbys. I must admit I was enjoying the celebrity status at that moment. :D

And the stunning moment was when one evening I tried to have a conversation with some kids in that Taleex xaafad. They immediately stopped their conversation, and start questioning me, like, "In lagu afduubo maa rabtaa maxaa banaanka u joogtaa?"

I was really astounded with a question like that. I told them, "Heey, I am as Soomaali as you." I simply asked why would anyone kidnap me; they reasoned because I am from 'qurba.' It was rather shocking because I never expected 10-year-olds asking a question like that.

Macsalaama!

Horn forever the idealist,

How on earth would you get them to house the capital of SOMALIA when they wont even have the flag?

The same problem over MOgadishu are there in Hargaysa, its the polar opposite. Stop the nonsence and nominate a real viable option, not Galkacyu, Hargaysa, Bossaso, Kismayu and Hargaysa or Burco. Its got to be in the South, a quite town if not Marka why not Barava. THINK ppl

some one who knows the south any nice towns out there?

SA7RAWY........You know what, this is gonna sound wierd, but i realised people north of Xamar Caddey don't make Xalwo ( Exception maybe reer hiiraan, but Belew Weyne is close to the border).

I mean , imagine a somali capital without Xalwo, Qamiir, Canbuulo, etc....lol... places like Galkayo or Dhuuso Mareeb ( ok, forget the latter, the names alone disqualifies as contender for our nation's capital) are full of ppl who only consume Cad iyo Caano...lol

On more serious note though, The northern towns are less diverse in terms ethnicity. Besides, nothern tribes specifically those in puntland and southern mudug are ones trying to dominate the somali politics.Moving the capital in their own tarf will be mistake. More nuatral like towns like Merca would be a better choice!

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

The point is not Mogadishu was or will be, it is is Mogadishu suitable today to be the capital?

The answer is no.

Mogadishu has a culture of violance unlike any other city in Somalia. To deny this fact is to be ****** . It is beautiful it has potential but not today, and nore for the coming 5- 10 years. It will be an economic powerhouse but to clear all the scars of the war will take time.

Other cities should be considered, Hargaysa, Bossaso and Kismayu are too far out.

Why not creat a new town, but hey we are poor

Believe me, if Xamar doesnt' become the new capital Somalia no other place will ever will. :mad: :mad:

Sophist   

Ninba Ceesaantii Ceelkeen. I think Ceergaabo should be the Capital city of Somalia. Sababaha aan ku doortey waa sabab layaqaano; nin ragina waa yaqaan doqonna waa moogyahay.

"Believe me, if Xamar doesnt' become the new capital Somalia no other place will ever will."

You seem so sure? with no explanation

Che,

You are right except for Dhusa Mareeb hell thats a great name you can imagine hearing it on CNN, Chritian Amanpour reporting from Somali's new capital Dhusa Mareb.

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

"Believe me, if Xamar doesnt' become the new capital of Somalia no other place will ever will."

You seem so sure? with no explanation

We would all have to form our own countries (no federation) if Xamar isn't allowed to become the MADAXTOOYE. Somaliland can breakaway, followed by the Puntlanders and who ever else wishes to follow it.

"We would all have to form our own countries (no federation) if Xamar isn't allowed to become the MADAXTOOYE. Somaliland can breakaway, followed by the Puntlanders and who ever else wishes to follow it."

AGAIN NO EXPLANATION WHY AND HOW?

It would be interesting bro.

I dont think it really needs any explaination. Its simple, Xamar should remain the capital of the undivided Somalia or there will be no Somalia at all. Just a competing fiefdoms.