Sign in to follow this  
Sky

waxbarashada metroboolka buurtinle

Sky   

buurtinle is a town in nugaal province, but geographically it belongs to the hawd plains and not the nugaal valley. its one of the poorest districts of puntland and in the beginning of the 90s was one big refugee camp for the reer gaalkacyood and other refugees from the brutal wars in gaalkacyo between the ssdf and the usc. buurtinle has a secondary school, an intermediate school an exclusively girl's school and the usual primary schools.

buurtinle secondary school

8915862_854ccf7195.jpg

8915859_d13fe7d5c4.jpg

8915861_43caaf20de.jpg

8915860_a80dd3bb90.jpg

buurtinle intermediate school

8975280_1d89206454.jpg

8975281_faebfe83e6.jpg

8975284_c879e92d6a.jpg

8975285_8b01c973e4.jpg

Sky   

^^ haa walaahi, ppl are sick n tired of war, somalis just want a better life and a future. and they realise they need to work for that.

buurtinle waxeey ku xisaabsan tahay gobolka nugaal, laakiin dhul ahaan iyo dad ahaan waa reer mudug.

Xoogsade   

I better brush up on my somali geography. Thanks for the info. Peace and government are here if the power brokers in Somalia can make the necessary sacrifice and see their people's plight.

I heard of Burtinle but always thought it to be part of Galkacyo or there abouts.

Rokko   

It's really nice to see our youngsters reading/writing and holding pens and books instead of Ak47's na'mean.

Big up to those who r behind this good cuase and may Allah reward'em na'eman. I also can't wait to see in person..cuz ama make rest stop on my way there this summer.insha Allah.

SKY, I think it is an insult to reer Buurtinle for you to call their town a "tuulo". :D They worked hard to build, expand and moderanize their town. It is the seat of an important regional district which is part of the Nugaal region. It is a big town not a village as you put it. :D It is one of the fastest growing towns in Puntland. I also disagree that it is one of the "poorest" districts in Puntland. Very wealthy town by the standards of Somalia.

Good pics.

Sky   

LIBAASANKATAABTE=

:D:D:D ninyahow youre still living in the past my man. boosaaso has changed the economic landscape of puntland like 360degrees. like eyl, buurtinle is past glory. charcoal businesska lacagta badneeyd waa uu dhamaatay, now that faaduma jibriil (the environmentalist of hornrelief) secured a total ban on charcoal trade in puntland. the town is famous for its kaneeco population and the whole town is build on a hill, the centre is on the top of the hill. wich is uncommon, somalis always settle in valleys.

buurtinle is a peaceful place tho, ak47s there are dusting in a corner and when theyre used, theyre used to fight invading hyenas, jackals and wild dogs.

you should see this place after the gu' rains, tru paradise man.

Sky   

if theres enough interest, im willing to show you some pics of computers that are sent to the buurtinle secondary school iyo typical guri qadiimi ah in garoowe where my grandfather and co have been born and bred, it was build in the 20s by my greatgrandfather who was one of keenadiids military commanders, as a payment he received a piece of land in garoowe when he retired to build his home. a stone house in a time when huts was the norm.