Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Abdirizaaq Xaaji Xussein: In my 80+, I have finally lost hope in Somali peoplehood.

Gabbal   

Very sobering dialogue put forward by the good professor Samatar.

I agree. What is going on in the former Somali Republic is a theatrical show gone very wrong.

Haatu   

I can see why he is upset, he is old and not able to return to his homeland. Anybody would be upset if they were in that situation. But Somalia will be fine IA.

B   

Was Abdirisaq after the interest of somalis generally as the professor claims or was he after the interest of his sub-clan. Sometimes when the truth is distorted it loses its substance.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Mostapha Dualeh:

Was Abdirisaq after the interest of somalis generally as the professor claims or was he after the interest of his sub-clan. Sometimes when the truth is distorted it loses its substance.

Do not insult the good man. Somalis have a rather irritating habit of substituting assumption for fact.

To the rest of you, I believe this assessment to be the most clear analysis of the riwaayad in Somalia.

Juje   

Originally posted by Jaanjumow:

I can see why he is upset, he is old and not able to return to his homeland. Anybody would be upset if they were in that situation. But Somalia will be fine IA.

Indeed, but the octogenarian should ponder where and how did all this start - probably then he will realise he does not need to look further.

^^^He has always be complaining for the past 30 years infact. Nothing new from the old man. I spoke to him the other day, he did look very old and tired. A good man never the less.