Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Puntland Unfinished Projects. Cawkes Outrage

Cowke   

I would like to dedicate this thread to the unfinished projects for a change that have been promised to puntland but as of yet are not complete or still under construction.

Ok first Place that i will start is the roads. Bosaso suffers from lacks of roads and it is the finance center of puntland for example look at this.

bss14.jpg

Or look at this no paved roads in the center of town and the recent rain just leaves the roads all muddy.

bss3.jpg

Now Dont get me wrong i am not saying Bosaso has to roads thru every 16 suburbs of the city but it needs to have roads in the key areas of the town. The key areas are as follows

1. The city center

2. The airport road

3. The Port Road

Those above mentioned areas are critical for the movement of traffic and business in the city and without will halt business in the city.

The Parking area of Bossaso Airport

airporkaBosasoxariga16.JPG

Again where is the pavement? Are they going to use dirt roads at the airport parking apron? the same case where is the runway that promised to be biggest runway in somalia? approximately 3.4km run-way and an airport ground that is capable of holding 10 jumbo jet aircrafts? I still see no progress in this matter and accountability is required from farole. He signed an instabul agreement the other day which calls on the international community to help complete bosaso and garowe airports funny thing it was supposed to be completed by a uae firm called "Lootah".

Dr. farole has given no comments regarding what happened to Lootah and why their not completing the project which they signed with cade muse? :rolleyes:

You can read about the lootah deal with cade muse below

Lootah

I however must say that I am satisfied with the terminal and it's positive news that immigration office and even private companies such as golis are opening up offices inside the terminal.

977.jpg

1003.jpg

Now to the Port. This has been quite a mess also because the port job was also part of deal with lootah by extending it and making it deep-sea port. However as you can see Lootah thing doesn't seem to be happening and dr.farole seems to be awfully quiet about what happened to this company. :confused:

But president needless to say dr.farole did recently sign an agreement with the wfp to get bosaso port extended and considering he has 3 years left in his term lets pray these jobs get done before he leaves office because the last thing I want to hear is new leader comes and rips up farole deals as farole did to cade deals and puts everything on stall and signs agreements with another company to get the job done, the only people who will lose out is the public where much needed infrastructure will be delayed because of political disputes SOMETHING THAT I AM NOT FAN OF!!!

Cowke   

Bosaso port capacity Current Capacity

shaqaale.jpg?w=418&h=344&h=344

sawirka-markab.jpg?w=414&h=342&h=342

Garowe criticism time.

The airport at garowe that is being built Is quite abysmal, It doesn't appear that it will be paved and if it is I haven't read anywhere speaking about the details of this airport.

7.jpg

6.jpg

The new parliamentary zone in north-western side of garowe has been started which is supposed to have parliamentary mp hall/isimada hall under 1 building with different halls assigned to each segment.

Here is the design of the parliamentary building.

13295_105889986117858_100000905704365_44

You can verify the design of the parliament here

http://www.puntlandparliament.org/view.aspx?articleid=24

It started in july 2009 and the contract was given to mubarak constructions, Its been 1 year now and their has been no update regarding it's progress. Even though some new wasaarads have been completed such as this one the new ministry of education however other then that I have seen nonews regarding the progress of this project which is to put all ministries/parliament into 1 zone of garowe kind of similar to washington dc where all the govenment buildings are located in 1 part of the city.

13295_105889989451191_100000905704365_44

Thats my criticism so far of garowe development. My next criticism will delve into galkayo/las anod/badhan

Cowke   

Galkayo development progress hasn't been to bad, they have new university being planned this year, new galkayo terminal for their airport, they have some road projects done at cagaare to galkayo and more road projects to happen from galkayo to garowe.

They lack in hospital end of things and have recently sorted that out with fundraiser that will invest $400k Into new hospital facility and they even set themselves health committee to make sure that health standards in galkayo is monitored.

In my personal opinion Galkayo has been doing alot better compared to other cities.

The sanaag areas so far hasn't recieved much development from Puntland since it's inception, this is due to two things mainly.

1. Hayadaha for sanaag are mainly all located in hargeisa.

2. A deafening silence from sanaag diaspora regarding their regions.

Puntland administration needs a partner to work with in sanaag and that partner just simply is non-existant and I believe that explains why the development lacks in that region.

So far the goals of makhiri community should be

1. A new University in Makhir. They have primary/high schools there but no higher learning institutes. I think I read somewhere they are sorting that out and establishing a university.

2. The lasqoray port will really open up the doors to development in that region as they will collect alot more taxes due the heavy volume of traffic that will come their way from sanaag/sool/toghdheer who all use bossaso port as of currently.

3. I think they completed recently new local municipal council for the dhahar community in hayland, therefore that will help out alot as their will be partner to work with at the local level.

4. Roads are non existant in Makhir and is even worse then bari. This will be solved if the deked at las qoray is completed due to high traffic trade it will generate and roads will be required to be built in order to reach the port. Their are some goodies in the Italian Hayad which guaranteed an airport for badhan and a tarmac road to connect bossaso-erigavo. That was one of the articles in the galkayo accord to get that company back into puntland to complete its project.

Over-all assessment of makhir is their doing ok but they could be doing better. They have hospitals/lower level education/las qoray fishery and prospectful projects in the future to look forward too.

Las anod. LOL. what can i say about laska, the hayadaha for sool also is based in hargeisa and untill they switch it over to las anod or even garowe it will be in hands of the seccessionists.

They have university in las anod, hospital, lower level schools and even city council. The italian deal with puntland also gives las anod regional airport but it's not puntland city today so therefore it's quite useless to talk about it's development. :D

Cayn however has being doing very well. Theirs more drought assistance packages being sent there, new radio opened by daljir, still lacks a university, it has mamul hoose but it's very unstable and requires more streghtening, plus the citizens got together to build an airport which I am suprised puntland administraton nor even the puntland people didn't join in helping. I found that quite shameful to be quite honest.

I believe the goals of cayn should be a university, more hospitals, more wells.

I don't think buhoodle needs to be developed all that much, If it has it's basic services such as hospital/education/wells and stuff that should be enough. Its kind of like qardho they just have the basics and if they need more they go to bossaso. Same with eyl citizens they have next to nothing and if they need something they just go to garowe. Same with the gara'ad ppl they have next to nothing and if they need something they just go to galkayo. Therefore thats what the ssc people should do invest all into las anod and have everyone go there whilst making sure the other towns in ssc have the basic services functioning. But thats just my opinion!!!

That is my wrap up of my criticism on puntland development

Saalax   

Cowke, the only tax las qoray will get it's that of puntland not somaliland, sanaag natives, businessmens,diaspora is already planning a port project in Maydh and it's about to take off in few months, i would say sool needs las qoray though.

Cowke   

Sacad ducale, lol you think the maydh port is possible? The business community might want the initiave same with the locals but if you don't have the political support of mr.riyale then it won't happen.

Lets not forget mr.riyale takes his orders from addis, and addis might've of given las anod to somaliland but it make sures bosaso takes sool/sannag/toghdheer taxes at bosaso. lol

Sxb it's politics u get something i get something in return, but dont think you will get everything and I wont get nothing. Because we both share 1 thing in common we have he same ally which is ethiopia, therefore less friction exists between us because it's all sorted out by the referee in addis ababa.

But I can tell you this much puntland won't stand by and see it gets nothing from its partnership with ethiopia. Firstly 1 somalia support is crucial for puntland and addis ababa know this and won't dare change that because the second they do puntland is out and will ally with someone else that shares our vision and you will see much more military activity from garowe all the way to burco.

That is why somalis have war sxb, its because of who is the clans donor, if they share 1 donor usually less conflict. look at onlf/hizbul islam not much conflict there at all and they even unite in jubba's why? because eritrea tells onlf and hizbul islam i will support both of you to achieve your vision for somalia.

Same applies to puntland/galmudug/somaliland/ahlul sunnah/tfg less conflict because ethiopia decides what faction gets what. Considering the factions within the ethiopian circle puntland poses a potential threat to ethiopia if it dares not support our policies for example.

Let me give u a scenario. Say ethiopia changes it's 1 somalia policy and starts calling for somaliland recognition, Puntland will say to addis ababa "thats it our ties are over" and you will see the consequences of your actions.

Puntland will team up with eritrea and tell them if you "support my 1 somalia vision" I will give onlf a base in bossaso to ship down arms to attack ethiopia and cause instability, eritrea will respond and say "beautiful" it's win-win situation. Eritrea will disturb ethiopia and keep ethiopia busy away from their border conflict, whilst puntland has a donor to support it's 1 somalia vision and also you will see better ties between onlf and puntland lol and then you will puntland soldiers all the way up into sool and sanaag securing the borders and saying its "1 somalia here". Ethiopia and somaliland will respond and say "no its two somalia's" and its wartime. Somaliland will get support from addis to attack puntland, puntland will get support from eritrea to attack somaliland and then you will see REAL action come out of garowe sxb, the same sort of action that stopped the baddest man in somalia(aideed) at galkayo 92. Lets not forget even america couldn't stop that lunatic which puntland did.

So that deked in maydh won't happen bro, politics won't allow it to happen. Riyale takes his order from addis, and addis knows puntland doesnt negiotate its "$$$$$" and "1 somalia" however everything else is negiotatble even las anod.

So don't think those taxes coming from toghdheer/sanaag/sool will be given up lol. Alot of their livestocks contribute to bossaso port activities and those taxes go into our security and it also gives an "Edge" over the seccessionist if they dare get cheeky we just tell them "you will lose the port access to bossaso" and burco and erigavo business-wise will come to a stand-still and their will be no trade movement.

So don't think that port will be happening, it's just said to keep somaliland ppl hopeful but smarter people know it's just totally unimaginable.

Bosaso port will remain the fastest port in somalia. Amisom controls the mogadishu port and only uses it for it's own services. Ethiopia same story controls berbera port and uses it for it own service whilst berbera today has become empty city because it doesnt take much local traffic.

All local traffic will go through bossaso and that traffic taxes will go into the development of our region which badly needs it. In 10 years time Bossaso will be the new capital of somalia and will have all the services, infrastructure, and finances to lead somalia. So this war in a way benefits our development and can give bossaso in 10 years time the "new capital" status.

Cowke   

Oodweyne, well that sacad kid thinks we are semi-retarded like his people who listen to all sorts of propaganda!!! He needs to realize he is talking with the leaders of somalis and lies don't swim well with us, they usually drown.

Cowke   

Xaji, I live in my own world lol? Sxb I am the one that takes your taxes and you contribute to my development, what you mean I am living in my Own world? Ethiopia has no interest to recognize 1 somalia, because when eritrea split from ethiopia they recognized them but that didn't mean ethiopia recognized all the various seccessionist groups in its country.

Same goes with if ethiopia recognizes somaliland it doesnt mean ethiopia has to then give the same right to seccessionist groups within ethiopia because it didnt do that when eritrea split, so if ethiopia wanted it can recognize somaliland without harming itself. It secured the berbera port, their nothing standing in its way except puntland because puntland poses to be threat because they know if they recognize somaliland that puntland will get angry and split and most likely go to asmara and convince them of 1 somalia policy hell even it maybe a 1 somalia under islamic law and will join the forces of hizbul islam.

If eritrea and puntland becomes allies, they know bosaso port will be given to the onlf to ship down arms and this will keep ethiopia wasting resources into battling the onlf whilst neglecting the border tussle with eritrea and who knows eritrea might gain more advances inside ethiopia proper because all of ethiopia resources will go into wars from many different fronts.

The only thing stopping ethiopia is really puntland because they know of the possible threat we can pose to them if we decide to call it quits with our relationships.

Look at me? i am 24 years old and I know this, imagine someone who is our politician that is 55 years old you think he doesnt? he probably knows alot more then I do and this why today we still remain the most important clan in somalia

Cowke   

Xaji by the way for example take the beef farole had with sharif regarding the naval base and where those funds given to somalia from brussels will go. Remember farole and sharif were at no speaking point but the next day they both met in addis ababa and all of a sudden their best friends again lol.

Ethiopia plays referee thats why and decides what is the best solution and guess what puntland got the naval deal, why? because ethiopia loves farole? no sxb, ethiopia knows the threat farole can pose to them if he decides to withdraw from the tfg and also cut ties with addis ababa, they know full well that puntland and the onlf share clan ties and the community in puntland support the onlf, They know full well that eritrea is an enemy of ethiopia and will love to add puntland a strategic location into it's allies list, they know full well if that happens more of their resource such as manpower/intelligence/funds will be depleted on fighting seccessionists inside ethiopia whilst eritrea keeps slamming them from the other side of the border and gain ground.

This is why ethiopia respects farole and has no choice but to listen to him. Its not the same case with somaliland though because somaliland has a vision that is totally different to the vision that all somali factions support. All somali factions no matter what idealogy be it islamist or democratic or centralist or even federalist share a 1 somalia policy.

Shabab/hizbul islam/ ahlul sunnah/ puntland/galmudug all these players inside somalia share the same vision regarding the borders of somalia, they just have differences regarding how to manage the country and who gets to manage the country.

Eritrea and Ethiopia knows 95% of all the players in somalia are unionist and therefore it wont change its unionist gameplan because if 1 of those countries decide to go the two somalia route it will only have 1 player somaliland and that is not strategic move considering the pool of players are all unionist.

Eritrea and Ethiopia therefore are forced to accept unionist policy cause of the pool of players inside somalia are all unionist they dont have any disputes regarding seccession. Thats why ethiopia gains more supporting unionist faction because this can lead to somalia government that is stable yet remains a puppet to ethiopia.

Eritrea sticks to the unionist vision also because its all about the pool of players inside somalia and they are all unionists. So it has better chance to disturb ethiopia if eritrea can unite all these different factions under 1 umbrella and then attack ethiopia with all these little pawns AND IT WILL DO ALOT OF DAMAGE IN THE LONG-RUN.

Where-as somaliland is just 1 faction, 1 faction doesnt have the strength to hold down somalia. Ethiopia took the route of taking the unionist and telling them to use secularism and democracy as the form of government in somalia, not to seek a greater somalia such as claiming ****** areas as they get "oil" tax from there. Right now ethiopia gameplan is controlling more land due to the factions it has under its wing.

aThe arabs com in second in terms of how much territory their player shabab controls. The Eritreans control the least amount when compared to the arabs and ethiopians.

Those 3 donors. The arabs/ethios/eritrea all have different and different visions they want to accomplish in somalia. Usually most somalis know the arabs want al-qaeda to have new base inside somalia therefore a shabab govt is very much going to welcome osama bin laden and his cronies to turn the nation into the headquarter of al-qaeda.

The Eritreans want to get somalia under their control so they can obviously coordinate their attacks on ethiopia from two fronts. 1 front from somalia and another front from eritrea.

The Ethiopians just want to make sure an islamist somalia that shabab is calling for doesnt happen due to its high islamic population inside ethiopia. The ethiopians dont want an eritrean somalia to happen because this will mean having two war fronts.

The ethiopians just want democratic somalia that is stable and taking its orders from addis ababa. It want's to make sure they dont ever dream of greater somalia and they want to keep it stable so refugees from somalia dont flood into ethiopia and again "deplete ethiopia meagre" resources.

I hope thats been a lesson for you Xaji. Thats real politics there not the seccessionist politics that is done in merfishes.