Sign in to follow this  
Thierry.

Give a helping hand

Thierry.   

Most days when you browse this forum there is I find little that appeals to me, so it is refreshing when I read a post such as the one by Makhirian inviting fellow Muslim Somalis to unite with there needy brother and sisters in south of Somalia. We should focus our energy on those issues that will bring us closer to unity and make our bonds stronger. Being one the most homogenous nation in the world we have so many reasons to be united.

- We are all Muslims

- We are all Somalis

- We all want our religion to be the law that governs our land (because if you don’t then your faith is in doubt)

- We are all from the same Tribe

- We all yearn for a greater Somalia that has influence in the world

About two weeks ago when I was on the bus I saw something strange, I saw a Somali women purse being snatched by a Easter European looking lady just as they were struggling over the bag two other Somali women came out of the local market. Instinctively without worrying about their shopping and possessions they both ran to the aid of their Somali sister (from what I saw I doubt the Polish lady will ever try to steal a Somali woman’s bag again) . But the point is they did not ask what her tribe was, they did not stand in the side passively watching like all other passer-by, they did what was natural to them, something that our religion teaches us “come to the aid of your brother and sister when they need it”.

Today the lives and wealth of our brothers and sisters in the South of Somalia is being snatched and ripped apart once again by a stranger that has come from foreign lands, the lives of our brothers and sister from ONLF is being snatched, yet we choose to sit passively going against our natural instinct.

Mashallah the brother back home are fighting with tooth and nail, these foreigners thought Mogadishu was going to be a walk in the park, if it was a football game we can say that the Ethiopian crusaders have been taken into extra time.

Our brothers from Puntland, Somaliland, Makhirland, and Galmudug need to come to the aid of their wounded brother of the south for “the Muslim is one body if a finger hurts the rest of the body feels it”. Now more than ever south needs your helping hand.

We in the west have the best opportunity to get our voices across to the media and people of power, to take the case of Somalia serious. Each and every one of us regardless of what our quarrels are has a responsibility.

Our Muslim brothers in Bosnia set precedence in the mid 90s, while the brave boys, old men of Bosnia took arms to fight against the Orthodox Serbian onslaught, young Bosnians in the west lobbied the UN, NATO and all other international organisation to put the plight of their people on the map. I still get inspired when I watch the young Bosnian youth who stood in front of the United Nations Security Council to advocate for his people.

Saxiibayal if we don’t do anything for our people do you think others will.

Mashallah yesterdays the turn out in London Demo was great but us the young need to take the step further by writing to our MPs, councillors, the foreign office, to the UN to News papers etc.

Steps to take:

- Write a letter to your local MP, councillors, and news papers at least once a week (you can get templates of letter from many internet sites)

- In this site lets promote those issues that will unite us

It only takes few minutes to write and call your local representatives, especially in boroughs where there is a large numbers of Somalis.

Our North American Brethrens I am not too familiar with your system but Inshallah do your best.

At the end of the day it the means that we disagree not the end goal

And most importantly make dua to those Muslims that suffer around the world, for it is only in the will of Allah that things change

Salamu Aliakum

Renunciation violence, pacifism, tolerance

Fighting poverty or job creation and economic development

Implementation of Democracy

Unity

Helping Refugees

Better health care

Food Security

Engaging the international community especially our neighbors

these, i believe, is where we can find common ground and we need pragmatic solutions to get there rather then lets attack the our neighbors or our own government.

The time of Jabhads or rebel movements is over, we paid dearly for it, its time progress, at what ever pace.

Fabregas   

quote:Engaging the international community especially our neighbors

They are already engaging us in our own captial city, thus however much you try to sideline the issue of Ethiopians troops in Somalia and try to make people talk about " implementing democracy", most people wont buy it. Just a bit of advice!

whats engagin you in our capital is your government. as long as you sideline them and keeping talking about ethio this and that, most people wont "buy" it. by the way, am not selling anything!

Malika   

Naxar,I agree with you there are more pressing issues internally then externally.The internal issues being the division among the society,despite being the most celebrated homogenous society of its time,we stand today the most fragmented..

What do we need;Equality,the only basis which men will work cooperatively.Freedom;its only when an individual isnt served by society unless it his.Unity;Only when society is unified can its members live ,work in peace ,security and well being..

A leader,whose main focus is the welfare of the nation and its people.

How are we to implement these,its only through dialogue and understanding,coming to terms with what had gone wrong.Rehabilitation of the nation,through Islam as a communal concept,which will enhance mutual respect,brotherhood and humility for one another.

Insha'allah!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

whats engagin you in our capital is your government. as long as you sideline them and keeping talking about ethio this and that, most people wont "buy" it. by the way, am not selling anything!

Adeer, when I said buying, I didn't mean that you were literaly selling something, rather I was referring to making people understand your point of view from a logical prespective. I am not by any means suggesting that Ethiopia is the monster of all our problems. Also, I do not pretend that some sections of Somali society hold Ethiopia's role in Somalia to be a positive nature. However, what I do object is your contradicting and somewhat revisionist rewriting of the situation in Somalia. On the one hand you claim that the Ethiopian regime, through it's military dare I say, literaly saved the Somali Government, is protecting the Somali government and that Ethiopian presence of thousands of troops is needed to create democracy, stability and governance in Somalia. On the other hand you attempt to downplay the signifance of Ethiopians troops and their role in Somali politics at every opportunity, thus making you look like a blind supporter of the T.F.G. I mean everytime sonme unlawful incident is reported about the Ethiopians, you and you cyber clique attempt to sideline and downplay this issue by resorting to the card of "ooooh what about that Somalis for the past sixteen years" or " stop focusing on foreigners". Of course I am not saying there is nothing wrong with this opinion,However, it doesn't make sense to claim that the Ethiopians(strongest instution currently operating in Somalia) are the key to resurrecting the Somali State and then on the other hand claim that their presence is insignificant when ever their role in Somali politics is scrutinized.