Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

President C/llahi asks Bush to fight terrrorism in Somalia

Jumatatu   

In a month of Ramadan our president C/llahi Yusuf has endorsed the idea for Bush to send troops to Somalia to fight terrorist based in there.

I wonder what else is in stock for us regarding our incumbent preesident. This call by him will not go down well in many circles. Whether Bush accepts the call or not, C/llahi has shown his true colours.

Read about the call: C/llaahi Yuusuf oo soo dhoweeyey .....

Gabbal   

Juma how do you really know that is accurate and true?

And if it is, will Bush even listen? For America to do what it wants, it has to suit its national interest, and frankly Somalia is not a national interest of this federal, capitalistic, coporate-ruled nation.

Jumatatu   

HA as I said in my text , disregarding whether Bush accepts or not, for the President to appeal and make such call is undermining the whole peace process and his stature as a genuine reconciliatory President.

Blessed   

I don't understand. Why is he so insistant on foreign troops. The man hasn't even set foot in Somalia yet he dismiises everyone's promise to cooperrate with him.

He might as well admit incapacity and let the next farax take over. *ejoys this thought for a momant*

Back to reality.. 'terrorists seem to be the concern of every somali politican'. Who exactly are they?

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

Back to reality.. 'terrorists seem to be the concern of every somali politican'. Who exactly are they?

I wonder too..? :confused: :confused:

Wiilo   

Our president asks What! What! What!!!

I really cann't understand why C/lahi yusuf is insisting on having foreing troops, what is his objectives? What good can foreing troops do? I just hope that all the Culima u diinkoodhan in ay arintaan ku diidaan, maxaa yeelay, waad garan kartaan gaal wadankaaga yimaado waxaa uu dadkaaga ku sameykaro, just remember 1993 when the U.S. troops went to Somalia, just picture that and think about. What is his motives? To be another Dictator? Hmmmmmmm, Cajaa'ib.

0402somalia.jpg

somalia.jpg

i really don't see pictures like these, and the killing of my Somali ppl.

US troops are not needed in Somalia, the President wants recognition and support from the Bush adminstration. It seems that some people are just out to spin every word of the President..

Look at the article below in which the PM Ali Mohamed Geedi, clearly states who will be in control of the foreign troops. If they are even needed.

Proff Cali Maxamed Geeddi oo sheegay ciidamada la keenayo

soomaaliya in ay ka amar qaadan doonan dowladiisa

Ra’iisal wasaaraha soomaaliya Proff Cali Maxamed Geeddi ayaa Xalay Magaalada Abuu Dabai kula kulmay qaar ka mid ah Jaaliyadda iyo Ganacsatada soomaaliyed ee halkaasi ku nool, isagoo kala hadlay dib u heshiisinta soomaaliya iyo waxyaabaha dowladiisa qaban doonta marka ay dalka ku soo laabtan.

Mr Geeddi waxaa uu sheegay haddii ciidamo la keeno soomaaliya ay ciidamadaas ay noqon doonan kuwa ka amar qaata dowladiisa, aysan noqon doonin kuwa wax kasta iska sameysta, waxayna ilaalin doonan amaanka dadka iyo in ay hub ka dhigis guud ku sameeyan shacabka soomaaliyed.

:Waa in marka hore ciidamada fikrad aad ka haystaan, haddii loo baahdo ayay imaan doonan, laakiin dadka soomaaliyed haddii ay gartaan in hubka iska dhigaan cid ciidamo u baahan ma jirtoâ€ayuu yiri Proff Cali Maxamed Geeddi oo la filayo in saacadaha soo socda ku laabto Magaalada Nairobi oo dowlada KMG ah saldhig u ah.

Ganacsatada soomaaliyed ee ku sugan dubai ayaa waxay balan ku qaadan in ay la shaqeyn doonan dowlada cusub, isla markaana ka qeybqaadan doonan dib u dhiska dalka soomaaliya, waxayan xalay si aad ah u soo dhaweeyan wafdiga Ra’iisal wasaaraha soomaaliya.

Nuuradin Macalin Mukhtaar (Dinow) nuradin007@hotmail.com

Midnimo Information Center

Xafiiska Midnimo ee Muqdisho wararka@midnimo.com

Wiilo   

"It seems that some people are just out to spin every word of the President"..

SmithNWestern sxb no one is trying to spin very word of the president, but tell me who are the terrorists in Somalia? Cumila udiinka wadalka maa ah Terrorists tell me. Why is he even talking about torror? I don't get that.

Wiilo   

Haven't we hear that b4.

In ay ka amar qaadan doonaan dowladiisa.........Yeah we will see that happen.

Jumatatu   

Here we go again with Smith. Saxiib putiing aside your cheap rhetoric, tell me please why do we need foreign troops whether they will be under our control or not. Forget about the fact that we are merely reposting what the net sites are saying same way you are. Just tell me why we need foreign troops when we have from time to time argued that all the warlords are in parliament and hence a parcel of the government in transition. And why above all is this president adamant on foreign troops?

wiilo,

The Culima are not terrorists, the terrorists are all those that hold weapons and want to stop Somalia from becoming a normal functioning country.

The foreign troops are needed in order to disarm the groups mentioned who continue to hold Somalia in bondage, those that think they are beyound the rule of law. As you know we have no army or security forces, this group will substitute for that.

But if you read the article above with the PM, you get a clear picture that if we manage to disarm ourself there will be no need for foreign troops.

Juma,

the President has set out his plan, to get Somalia stabel in one calander year... That is a noble task and one if acheived will be celebrated by all the Somali people..

Also Juma, its funny how you only opick out Dayniile.com :D

Jumatatu   

Smith you are avoiding answering my questions. Those whom you claim have bondage on the lives of the Somali people are MP's now and have unanimously elected, in retrorespect, elected one of their kind as a President. Now tell me where is the role for the foreign troops?

Dont go bashing on the bush and criticise Daynile just answer the question please. And also that of Wiilo who are the 'terrorist'?

Juma,

As I stated before if we [somali’s] manage to disarm ourselves then there will be no need for foreign troops. However if some of our MP’s and other groups outside the parliament decide to take the selfish route then there has to be a way of dealing with them. I hope that’s an easy enough answer.

The foreign forces are needed for, training the new Somali army and for the decommissioning of weapons, as well as for looking after the security of the government and the MP’s.

As for terrorists, there are many definitions for it but I will give you an example, the people who killed the retired officer in Mogadishu a couple of weeks ago and who seriously wounded General Mohamed Abdi Mohamed this week are terrorists and they have to be dealt with.