Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Re-inventing the Wheels of Somali History

Kamaavi   

Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree.

Originally posted by Polanyi:

Colonel David Rose ma Somali bu aha horta?

Kikiw ahaana mooji. :D

NASSIR   

Nice read.

Taleexi, waxaan xasuustaa Allaha u naxariistii Cabdala Hiirad oon kula xiriiri jirey e-mailka, baan waxaan u direy document qeexaya the Act of Union iyo qaynuunka wadanka iyo sida ay labada gobol ee Somaliya ay u midoobeen 'united forever'. I remember he was very much delighted by my possession of that document. Somehow, the secessionists put up a stiff fight by investing a huge amt of money in searching and buying all the copies and documents of the Act of Union from the world libraries so they can promote the legal and moral argument for their secessionist case. Calaa iyo kuli xaal, Dukimintigaas aad iyo aad buu odayga Allaha u naxariistee ugu farxey. Wuxuuna igu yiri, 'war ninyahoo mucjisaad tahey sidee ku heshey'.

The content of that document is in one of his three parts article. "Somaliland: Mythology Dispelled"

Taleexi   

Originally posted by NASSIR:

Nice read.

Taleexi, waxaan xasuustaa Allaha u naxariistii Cabdala Hiirad oon kula xiriiri jirey e-mailka, baan waxaan u direy document qeexaya the Act of Union iyo qaynuunka wadanka iyo sida ay labada gobol ee Somaliya ay u midoobeen 'united forever'. I remember he was very much delighted by my possession of that document. Somehow, the secessionists put up a stiff fight by investing a huge amt of money in searching and buying all the copies and documents of the Act of Union from the world libraries so they can promote the legal and moral argument for their secessionist case. Calaa iyo kuli xaal, Dukimintigaas aad iyo aad buu odayga Allaha u naxariistee ugu farxey. Wuxuuna igu yiri, 'war ninyahoo mucjisaad tahey sidee ku heshey'.

The content of that document is in one of his three parts article. "Somaliland: Mythology Dispelled"

For those who want to reminsce in the past and read these priceless pieces; Here they come.

Part I

Part II

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

:D

Bugland is always ready to acuse others of clanism and he doesn't see how he is swiming in the sea of clansim.

I don't see anything clanish when the article mentions how unfair Somaliland MPs are allocated on the bases on clansim rather than one man one vote. In other words he is adocating the election of MPs thru one man (of course one women too) one vote.