Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

Is the war over, time for peace process to begin?

Khalaf   

What happened to fighting the ethios until they leave somalia, what happened to this being a somali national fight? Or better an Islamic fight? Is the war really over? Or is somalia about to enter a new phase of the conflict? big question mark indeed, but according to the TFG mission has been accomplished in the battle-front.

"The President tonight announced the end of the war. He told those fighters who are still hiding to report to AMISOM and surrender their guns."

"The government forces with the support of the Ethiopian troops have completed the operations against the terrorist groups in Mogadishu and they have accomplished their mission," the President said during a press conference at the presidential palace.

"We call on the people who fled their houses to get back and maintain their normal life."

Dear Khalaf, there was never a national uprising of any sort. The whole conflict was between the TFG and those who for what ever reason was against it. The theater of war was a very small area around south Mogadishu.

Now it seems they got the message that this is serious and that no one is coming to their rescue.

Though I would like to add that all security issues have not be addressed yet, there are vast ammount of arms still in the hands of the public.

Lets hope for the best.

Khalaf   

^^^Duke inshallah lets hope for the best though i am doubtful considering the reality of somalia lakiin anythin is better then prolong warfare and being a "gangland" as i read in one article....Inshallah Allah ha u sahlo daadka back home.

U read dis article apart from his views on "extermists"....i think he made a lot of sense. article

take care

^^^Khalaf, you are an individual I have grown to respect here. Though we do disagree on some points. I have read that article and as with many westerners and "experts" I take their comments with a pinch of salt.

So far so good, there is a great deal of movement of position, talks and meetings of mind. The real problem is the heavy arms, lack of discipline within the governmnet, incompetence, corruption. But we have always had these issues as well as a well organised selfish groups. In large part Somalia has overcome these groups and the governemnt is still weak and fractious. Yet I am hopeful, and no longer tired.

But we must wait and insha Allah all will be well.

Khalaf   

"The real problem is the heavy arms"

^^^^Exactly Duka, a huge problem 89% of the city is still heavily armed add that to the elements in Mogdishu that want to keep that city forever a clan city, thats not a secret we all know dat n a huge motivating factor to keep up the fight.... beesha odayasha and today's "truce" is to buy time Duka.........As ive said in the other thread we shall see if this TFG and its allies are about serious bidness or not....numero uno to be "successful" would be to disarm the city immediatly a very diffcult task.

g'nite. wa salaamu alaykum.

Coloow   

We pray for peace. But what has happened during the past 6 months makes peace an elusive endeavour. I think somalia is sawing the seeds of yet another conflict.

I don't know how Jeelle, Geedi, Maxamed Dheere, berlaawe and the rest would bring peace. The league of death, destruction.

Please cease with glorifying the TFG. It is composed of a bunch of somalinimo killing thugs.

It wouldn't surprise if in say a year somalia is back to square one - and that many of the supporters of the current TFG will start calling it names.

Hal welec ah nirig xalaal ah ma dhashaa?

N.O.R.F   

What happened to fighting the ethios until they leave somalia, what happened to this being a somali national fight? Or better an Islamic fight? Is the war really over?

They ran out of ammunition. No science to it ya Khalaf.

Ms DD   

To actually hand positions of authority to the very warlords who in the past have put up isbaarooyin and extorting money from the public is beyond belief. All the TFG has done was make the plundering of resources official. Money TFG supporters loved highlinghting the fact Indhocade was part of the ICU. How about these warlords in the TFG? Different rule for them eh?

Khalaf   

^^^what is there too look forward too yaa violet?

North they mis-handled the war, the poltics, everything wrong from the beginning. However i think the conflict not only in xamar but kismaayo ect is a long from over due to somali reality. Halgan indeeed brother we pray for peace inshallah.

quote: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing Edmund Burke ...dont like the dude Burke but hey makes good sense.....no complains namean.

^^^Khalaf, Somalia is not a unique entity in the world. Many countries have gone through wars, some nations have been destroyed a number of times, yet they came back up.

Somalia has a great opportunity today to reclaim its soverignty.

Will this be a perfect government, a utopian society? No but it will be a million times better than what we have lived through these past 17 years.

Its time to look forward to a better nation.

Khalaf   

^^^Duke u are very optimistic ninyahow....i used to be like dat until i came across the somali reality pure jahiliya. Those nations u speak about came back because the effort of their people, somali badanah are not wadaani cats nor do they believe in the greater good, wa selfish ....ask not what ur country does for u but u do for ur country namean? Mida kale ppl shacabka dont want this government and its characters, city is still heavily armed....i fail to c how it will work