Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

AN OPEN LETTER BY SAYID MOHAMED ABDULLE HASSAN TO THE BRITISH PEOPLE, JUNE 1904

Som@li   

said_mohamed1.jpg

The greatest somali hero of all time!.

“I wish to rule my country and protect my religion. We have both suffered considerably in battle with one another. I have no forts, no houses. I have no cultivated fields, no silver or gold for you to take.

If the country was cultivated or contained houses or property, it would be worth your while to fight. The country is all bush and that is no use to you. If you want wood and stone you can get them plenty.

There are also many anthills. The sun is very hot. All you can get from me is war, nothing else. If you want peace I also content. But if you want peace, go from my country to your own,â€

Sayid Mohamed Abdulla Hassan, June 1904

Sayidka

OG_Girl   

Are you looking troubles for the poor guy by posting his name here?

Man, let him rest in peace in his grave.

Salam

Trouble? Where can trouble come from?

The guy is a national hero as far as I'm concerned because he fought against people who invaded Somali soil and those who helped them. No matter how much people like to re-write history, the Sayyid will always occupy the Throne of Somali Nationalism!

Great letter by the way.

OG_Girl   

Bay City don't get me wrong , but somalis are sick latelly and they insult any somali sympol the name of clan, so I don't like some one bad mouth him. That is all.

Salam

said_mohamed1.jpg

I wish to rule my country and protect my religion What a great vision! This is what i call a Leader. I wish we have more like him to lead our country.

Tuujiye   

OG-GIRL..I understand what you mean sis. They are some sick minded people who have something against the Sayid, but you shouldn't care for them because they are stupiiiiid!!. Rup this latter on their face.

I wish we have a leader like the Sayid one day oo I wish so much. Forget how much the somalians respect him, the British respect the Sayid so much. The first african freedom fighter that they had to use planes to defeat. Only after his death is when they started to live in Somali soil.

Look how much he is different from our leaders today. Somalian and all muslim leaders.. He never welcomed outsiders politicaly. And now look our muslim leader and somali leaders..

wareer badanaa