Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

What Is The Right Way Forward For 'Somaliland?

Spadez,

First off no one is forcing you to discuss anything. I made a point you either agree with it or disagree. Perhaps you misunderstood me, because from what it sounds here, your trying to say that I wouldnt want another city (Lascanood) to receive 2%. How wrong of you. I took awdaal as an example, which is brought up everywhere, that indeed that region lacks attention from this administration. However I never said it was the only region.

Also, there is a problem if one group of cities receives help and not the rest, disagree with it all you want, one day you must swallow the reality pill.

In regards to the local government building the roads in Borama, again take that pill. It was few citizens of the city and mainly Somali diaspora. But once again my dear, the problem is not with only Awdal, this administration should be held accountable to serve its citizens and the longer the likes of you, critize anyone who speak the truth, the longer the northern cities wont received what they deserve from this administration.

last about the world bank statistic, care to post the link.

And dont take anything personal, if I have offended you, my apologies ahead smile.gif

^^ We can work together for a better Somaliland my dearest.

The shortcomings of the current administration is very well known. May Somalilanders get the government they deserve and the kind of leadership that reciprocates their hardwork. Say Aamin to that as well my dearest. :D

stoit   

spadez

I have no idea what you are on about freind but you fib as well as having bad arguements. I have never praised TGF and i am certainly not for occupation.

If you misunderstood me i was all about unity and i oppose violence. I makes no difference to me from who violence comes from , it has got to stop.

You can let yourself be swept up by selfserving individuals who promise heaven and can end up producing hell.

You may have been swayed by their appeals and by their ability to instil fears and play on peoples insecurities but the fact is you and them are creating boundaries arbitralily to separate a people when all over the world even those that share the least coalesce as is natural and form stronger bonds beneficial to all.

You may devide somalis and think that it is in your interest but you are in reality what stands between them and their interest and yours as well.

Those that free mens abilities to create, to trade and to form relationships as they see fit are the true champions of their interests. However those like you and those you maybe happily echoing ,who seek to devide them and restrict and order their activities have been won over in other countries that have prospered and so i hope we shall overcome insha ALLAH.

You may fool some people some times but not all the people all the times. Seek to earn a decent living like everybody else and stop preying on others. You are mine and i will protect you from the big bad wolf is not gona elevate you or others to positions of prominence where you can order others around.

Yeah come with me i give you a boundary and a passport with which i will control your movements is not gona do it anymore.

Wake up to the reality of the world ! to survive in this world you need to free people to be creative and more productive not to put chains on them.

AYOUB   

Thus they shouldn't spent time on a seperating from the rest of the country, they can use that to built a stronger country.
So the right way forward for Awdal to stand up to its neighbor and reclaim there place in their country.

Our forefathers fought for the flag, to free the land, and today separating in the way of the colonizer is the answer? I think thats an insult to all the great men and women who died for this country.

Stand up to who exactly?

First of all, whether Awdal is part Somali Republic or Republic of Somaliland; it would still have colonial borders with Djibouti and Ethiopia. The "colonial borders" argument is redundant especially in this instance. You can re-arrange the furniture as much as you want but the fact is; Somali Republic too had "colonial borders", did it not? This argument may be tiny bit credible if you were suggesting Awdal makes some sort of a political union with Djibouti.

Remarkably, when the Europeans arrived in Zeila - then centre of the north in the 19th century, the town was governed by Sharmarke Cali Saalax whereas Mogadishu was ruled from Zanzibar by Siciid Barqash. It's an exaggeration if not a myth to claim self-rule is "the way colonisers".

Some of the people who fought for Somaliland's independence from the Britain did not necessarily support the rushed and misjudged union with Somalia. One of the them is Awdal brightest star Xassan Sh. Mu'min. He was proven right and went on to write Somaliland's anthem in the 1990's. Even Yuusuf X Aadan - the man who wrote "Soomaaliyeey toosoo isku tiirsada" - was pro-union in the 60's became pro-Somaliland in the 90's after the failure of the union. Others - like Qaybe - were won over after they saw what Somaliland is really about. The Burco conference of 91- where Somaliland's abandonment of 1960 union was declared - was full of such men. Backing Somaliland can no way be construed as "insulting" these freedom fighters.

Finally, the Somaliland you see was (xamdulilah) built by people who want her independence and not by fence-sitters or people just waiting for the south to sort itself out. The reconciliation and determination to rebuild was no accident, but propelled by the independence and the will to do things differently. Wether you like it or not, the "union" was a catastrophic failure. The 4.5 is not the formula for us. I'd rather my MPs were chosen like fore mentioned Ikraan X Daaud. That the right way forward for Somaliland.

Aduun iyo aakhiro

Joke did you say? Oki smile.gif Btw, your name reminds me of someone whose catch-phrase used to be "aduuuun". Something horrible happens and he says "aduuuun". Nice lady walks by ... "aduuuun" :D