Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Marriage on Your Mind?

More like marriage on my family's mind ... i knew girls were hassled as soon they start showing some fronts ... but we get hassled too as soon we finish Uni ... the nagging questons .... and why not go for ina hebel ...

Khalaf   

Marriage on your mind?

No, where is the closest exist? :D run!

Interesting topic, marriage i don't know if it is due to being raised in the west, but frightens lotta of us.

As sister Raxima stated, the ulemaa label someone who does not pray as a kaafir. Salah is one major thing that separates a Muslim from a Kaafir.

With due respect, i take issue with this. It is wrong to label someone who proclaims the testimony and believes in the last day, Kafir. No muslim has right to label another muslim unbeliever, this is wrong. Faith is in the heart, and no one knows the heart except Allah.

Personally, if i found a great girl who was feeling me and vice versa, and she was good person, had good heart, down for me, loyal to me, had my interests in mind, made me happy, and loved me, and fit all the qualities but was not good at prayer or didn't wear hijab, i would marry her(once i get to that point :D ) . peace

Nur   

Khalaf

You write:

With due respect, i take issue with this. It is wrong to label someone who proclaims the testimony and believes in the last day, Kafir. No muslim has right to label another muslim unbeliever, this is wrong. Faith is in the heart, and no one knows the heart except Allah.

Please read the following old eNuri Topic for clarification of your assumption:

Intuition

Excellent Aqeedah Topic.

The topic relates the issue of iimaan and Kufr, below is a respose of mine several years ago to a sister who had problem resolving a conflict of her actions and beliefs.

She Asked, Am I A Munafiq?

I Wrote:

Note: This topic was generated by a question of a sister on another Forum who asked me if she was a Munafiq since she finds herself doing things that are not in line with her beliefs at times. The answer that I wrote hastely, without even checking punctuation or grammer appears below, and in the days that followed, the piece proved to be originally informative according to many readers who gave me a feedback on my post, so relac and read, and if you have thoughts , please add to it, nothing is complete except the word of Allah SWT."

Am I A Munafiq?

Well, that is a difficult question, first let us learn the relationship between iimaan, sin and kufr to see where nifaaq belongs.

1. No Soul will go to Jannah which is not a Muslim(a)

2. No one can be Muslim without Shahaada (Tawxiid)

3. Shahaada is information, we are required to believe in and bear witness thereof.

4. The test to see if we indeed believe in information represented by the Shahaada are our deeds:

So our faith is composed of a

A. set of Information we are required to believe.

B. Set of Commands we are ordered to obey

The extent of your belief in the information that our Prophet SAWS delivered is measured by the extent of orders that we obey.

In other words, our obedience to the orders of Allah, is a reflection of our belief in the information delivered to us.

So , Islam is composed of a two sets:

A) A set of information to be believed in, like Allah, Jannah, angels, etc .

B) A set of orders to abide with, such as Prayers, (Salat), Fasting, Upholding Justice, etc .

The orders are subdivided in to two categories:

1.Orders to do something

2.Orders to stay away from doing something

If Allah orders us to do something, and we fail to comply, the reason could be:

a. We do not believe in the information

b. We believe in it but we are arrogant

c. We are MENTALLY CHALLENGED

If (a) that is clear kufr

If (b) That is also kufr, the type of Sheitan

If © We may be the same case like a crazy person, Mentally Challenged, no responsibility.

If we are ordered to stay away from something, and we do not, we have the following scenario:

a. We do not believe in the information b. We are arrogant

c. We can not resist temptation

d. We are MENTALLY CHALLENGED

All but case © are covered above.

If case © is the situation, then that is called disobedience (Sin)(Macsiyah) and it is what Adam and Eve , (Hawaa) aleyhimaa assalaam have committed. It does not make one a kaafir by itself. ( The Khawaarij are the only to claim that a sin can make one a Kafir )

To generalize the above.

If a person does something he is ordered not to do, the driver is more likely weakness against temptation, and that person is not a kaafir, this is the case of Adam and Eve, Aleyhimaa assalaam .

If a person refuses to do something he is ordered to do, the driver of his action is more likely arrogance, like the case of Sheitan .

Now we visit a new territory:

There is a principle for detecting iiman ( Faith) levels developed by Sheikh Ibn Taymiyah. Called (Talaazumul Dhaahir wal Baatin )( Synregy of the Apparent actions of a person with the Hidden Motives within the consciousness )

I will simplify it for you again.

The inside beliefs and the outward actions of a person are always working in harmony. Except when an outside disturbance influences that person attention. When as a result, the outwardly actions of that person projects and acts contrary of what is supposed to be inside .

Meaning.

In Systems Science, when we input a signal into a balanced system, we observe an output that reflects the shape of the original signal output + the function of the signal that operated on the system.

In the absence of outside disturbance, we can always predict the output. But when an outside element disturbs the system, the output will not be predictable.

A person who is a kaafir therefore will normally act as a kaafir. Sabeelul kaafireen

And a person who is a muslim will always act like a Muslim. Sabeelul Mumineen

In general, if you leave anyone alone, what he/she does is reflecting what they believe . But the minute that person feels that he/she is being observed, that feeling will somewhat effect the action of that person.

An example is when you catch a child making funny faces on a mirror the child will immediately alter his behaviour to an acceptable manner. This is called conforming.

So, when a Kaafir lives with Muslims, he may act like Muslim, to avoid problems. He is called a Munaafiq .

And a Muslim who lives with Kufaar may at times act like kuffar, to avoid problems. He is called Mukrah .

Now, a Somali Nomad who lives in Somalia, USA or Europe, is free to practice his faith, so if that person does not practice, or he acts contrary to his faiths tenets, his actions are an indicators of what is missing in his heart. In this case the actions or their absence are an indictor of the iimaan inside that person.

However a Muslim who lives in tyranny, his actions may not be indicator of his belief. Because, if this person practices his faith, he is afraid for his life. As a result this person conceals his faith portraying himself as non Muslim, when in effect he fully believes his faith and is willing tp practise it to the fullest if he was not afraid. His fear, though could be justifiable or may be unjustifiable, in which case he is in grave error.

Allah says : Are they same he who spends all his nights praying and prostrating, alert for aakhirah, and the one who is in darkness..............................."

Nasalu Allaha al caafiyah. Aamin

Walllahu aclam.

Nur

Complements of The Archives of e-Nuri and Company .

Nasalu Allaha al caafiyah. Aamin

2000 Nurtel Communications Old Edition

Paradise is Possible Summer Campaign

Second Aqeedah Question :

This article was also prompted by a similar question that I have answered in plain English, My way is always keep things as simple as possible, because the majority of people are indeed simple, not scholarly, again enjoy the simplicity of Aqeedah, brainteasers are not my cup of Caano Geel, so enjooy reading:

Levels of Faith ( IIMAAN).

A viewer with screenname Johnny Jake asked me on another thread if there are different levels of being a Muslim:

Here is the answer I posted 2 Years ago:

Bismillah, wa bihi nastaciin

Islam literally means submission to a higher authority .

As such, one gives up his power over his life at will, taking direction of how to live from that higher source.

To be a Muslim, just like graduating from college, there is minimum requirements. Once these minimum requirements are met, a person is a muslim.

Islam is composed of a word to utter and actions to perform

The word to utter is further divided into two categories.

A. The word of the heart, which is belief in what has been revealed .

B. The word of the mouth, which is uttering the manifestation of the singularity of the authority that created the universe and everything in it, and following the course of the messenger who delivered this mesage .

Deeds are further divided in to two parts.

A. Deeds of the heart, which is the intention that drives our actions .

B. Physical deeds, like prayers, fasting etc.

If a person does not utter the word of the heart, meaning he does not believe, he is not a Muslim

If a person does not utter the word of the mouth, eventough he believes in his heart, he is not Muslim, he is like Sheitan, or Abi talib , the uncle of the prophet SAWS.

If a person's heart does not do the deeds of the heart, meaning he has no intention to do something, that person, is not a Mulsim, The prophet said " (Inamaal aamalu bil niyaat) the validity of deeds are conditional to having the right intention(NIYA). That is why manslaughter is a lesser charge than murder, because the accused did not intend to kill, no (NIYA).

If a person does not do physical deeds, Like salaat, fasting etc. then, we look into what motivates that person to do or not to do what he is been ordered or prohibited from.

If he does not do what has been ordered to do, that person is usually driven by disbelief, arrogance, or he is Mentally Challenged (SAFAAHA). All of which make him not a Muslim, except for a Mentally Challenged person, which wholly or partially makes him unaccountable to his deeds ( SAFEEH)

If he does something prohibited, he is more likely driven by strong desire or Lust, arrogance, disbelief or being Mentally Challenged( SAFAAHA). All but Lust will make him a non-Muslim,

Doing something prohibited because of lust and uncontrollable desire, is called a (MACSIYA) a SIN and it does not make a person by itself a non-Muslim. Accumulation of sins lead to disbelief in the long run though, just like sand pepples form mountains, A Muslim, therefore, does not trivilize sins, but looks up to the importance of the authority that he/she is disobeying.

Wa Salaamu Alaa man ittabaca al hudaa.

2000 Nurtel Communications

Paradise is Possible Summer Campaign

Nur

Nur   

Reviving this thread afater two year, its a timeline of our progress in our outlook, some of you who have written a thought on this thread may have a new outlook, proven an idea wrong, or learned a lesson, either way, please share your thoughts on this timely but old topic.

Nur