Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Hargaysa :Secessionist quest for recognition, progress indeed

Thankful   

Red Sea,

Lets be Honest here. Riyaale was chased out in 2001 and you came back to in 2007. So why did it take you so long to a mass your finest, 6 years later? I'll tell you exactly what happened both times when Puntland took over and then NW Somalia. It was Habsaade that changed sides. When he was fired from Puntland within weeks Lascaanod went back to NW Somalia. It has nothing to do with any forces massing. Even after Riyaale was chased out in 2001, Puntland issued a statement that said "this could never had happened without the support of the local population."

This has nothing to do with any force from Puntland or NW Somalia, it's whoever is willing to Pay Habsaade what he wants and when they do, he will tell his militia to kick the other side out! Riyaale made that mistake last time and learned his lesson, he'll make sure Habsaade's pockets are fat.

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

It is the first anniversary since Dukey became an orphan. He is a bit emotional and imitating Comical Ali, is one way he expresses those emotions..

:D:D:D

RedSea   

Originally posted by ThankfulSP:

Red Sea,

Lets be Honest here. Riyaale was chased out in 2001 and you came back to in 2007. So why did it take you so long to a mass your finest, 6 years later? I'll tell you exactly what happened both times when Puntland took over and then NW Somalia. It was Habsaade that changed sides. When he was fired from Puntland within weeks Lascaanod went back to NW Somalia. It has nothing to do with any forces massing. Even after Riyaale was chased out in 2001, Puntland issued a statement that said "this could never had happened without the support of the local population."

This has nothing to do with any force from Puntland or NW Somalia, it's whoever is willing to Pay Habsaade what he wants and when they do, he will tell his militia to kick the other side out! Riyaale made that mistake last time and learned his lesson, he'll make sure Habsaade's pockets are fat.

Xaabsade does have considerable influence in SOOL and las Anod in particular since his sub clan makes the majority in Las Anod. That being said you have to separate the military aspect and the politics that sidetracked it. Somaliland was always very capable in throwing Buntland out of Sool for good with or without the help of the locals. However, what comes thereafter was always the bigger picture. Somaliland wanted to make sure once they took over Las Anod, they could follow through w/ the people's support in order to keep Las Anod remain calm. After all, the reason Somaliland avoided that city for so long was the possibility of causing unrest and chaos thus putting Somaliland's quest for recognition in peril.

Somaliland waited for the right moment and they got just the man, Xaabsade. He switched sides and convinced the people that SL was better alternative. Once that was sealed, all that remained was getting rid of Buntland militia. This was the perfect opportunity to unleash Ciidanka Qaranka Somalland on Buntland militia and surely within few hours Las Anod was liberated. Xaabsade was a tremendous help in convincing his clan, nonetheless the bigger prize had to go gallant SL forces who steam rolled from Adhi cadeeye, through abeesaley and into Las Anod and beyond. smile.gif

Qudhac   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

quote:Originally posted by Qudhac:

red

but it would make good dress for, our village baffon who thinks battles are won on cyber net, but maybe he know can be as brave as he like with that nice dress on and eye patch.... :eek:
:D

:D

17236_392369515205_690430205_10348715_60

loooooooooooooool waar ka daa :D

sxb i honestly think next time butland tries anything in las anod we should steamroll our forces to that dusty town of garowe i mean its only FEW MILES :D:D

Ibtisam   

Grown men acting like kids- poor Las Anod, Grow up will ya, it is nearly 2010 :rolleyes:

Give it a rest already, faan iyo fanto idhin dishey yaan la idin dihin.

This talk is so 2005, maxa idin la diigey?

Thankful   

Mr. Red Sea,

I think it's fair to say that both of us support different sides. Believe me though, in Lascaanod every incident of fighting was fought by the locals of the city. Both sides stay outside the city as the local milita fought and then when the dust was settled the other region entered the city.

So as much as you want to make it seem like it was your forces that did the chasing, reer Lascaanod would never allow someone else to come in and fight a war near their homes.

Somaliland waited for the right moment and they got just the man, Xaabsade. He switched sides and convinced the people that SL was better alternative. Once that was sealed, all that remained was getting rid of Buntland militia.

If he convinced the "people", tell me why they rioted and made it clear through public displays of anger that they were against what they termed a tribal take over?? The only people that Habsaade convinced was his milita fighters.

Maybe in the past you can put your spin on things, but with the internet the truth is getting out. Look at the video again, at 5:30m and you will see they are try to block the road so your milita can't enter. Is that something that people who have been convinced do?

So like I said, Habasaade chased Riyaale out and becomes a Puntland minister. There is no response from Riyaale and Laascaanod remains in Puntlands control. Then Habsaade is fired as minister and within a weeks Laascaanod switches sides again!

^^^They dont get it these lads from the west. They clan does not have influance in these regions, its a game by the elite of the clans and Riyaale to keep the SNM group in their delusional state.

Breaking News: "Zidane is coming to Hargaysa to play in a friendly marking the Edna Adan day"

They would believe this as well. :D:D

RedSea   

Thankful,

You're mixing things here. There were several conflicts at the time. One was looming withing the city between the militia loyal to Xaabsade(pro SL) and local militia loyal to Buntland. There wasn't much of battle that took place aside from sporadic fire fights here and there. The more significant battle was on the SL and BL front. In which both SL and BL forces that were stationed outside of the city had a major clash whereby Buntland's so call Darawish forces were handily beaten and dismantled. If your memory serves you right, the battle bt SL and BL was never within the city limits, but in places like adhi cadeeye in first day, and in second day in Abeeselay.

Secondly, Buntland forces after they were beaten burned down the police head querters and ordered some kids to burn tires etc..

However, majority of the city support Somaliland including the elders and caqils of the city. The fact that Las Anod has been one of the more peaceful town in Somaliland is a proof of that.

For more: check out this link of caaqils and elders of city and their support for the new admin.

Also, you posted some peaceful riots mostly. Those happened everywhere including

Against the sky rocketed inflation cause by fake money. :D

^^^Again, if you think that SSC will go with you then you are even more damaged than the person who thought Maryan Mursal was going to get you recognition. Delusions are a terrible thing. :D

Thankful   

Red Sea, I am not mixing up anything. The battle was fought using reer Lascaanod. There was no battles between Puntland or Somaliland as you allege. The proof is that nothing happened after Riyaale was attack and everything changed when Habsaade was fired.

Secondly, Buntland forces after they were beaten burned down the police head querters and ordered some kids to burn tires etc..

You want me to believe that a fleeing Puntland forced ordered kids to make this video, block the roads and voice their disgust at NW Somalia's militia?

I have no clue why you produced the political motivated riots that occurred in no other city then Garoowe. There was no riots in the biggest city of Bosasso and Gaalkayo. Still linking it, is pointless has nothing to do with Lascaanood, it's like me showing the riots after Riyaale extended his term or the fighting in Parliament. I think the video I produced is more powerful and finally I will end with this.

RedSea   

^^^Thankful,

The mini riots were motivated by the defeated side. Now that dust has settled and people returned to their sane state of mind they don't riot anymore. Why haven't we seen any riots in that last 2 1/2 years? Because They are quite content and comfortable in having us over there. You can say what you like but it's fact that there was a battle that took place between the 2000 or so Buntland militia and the 1500 SL govt soldiers stationed @ abeeseley. This is a fact that is irrefutable sxb. You trying to convince that no war between the BL and SL took place lool good luck with that. Somaliland lost five soldiers, care to tell who killed these men?

Thankful   

You can say what you like but it's fact that there was a battle that took place between the 2000 or so Buntland militia

If Puntland is capable of sending 2000 troops to Lascaanod, after it sent a considerable amount of it's troops and weapons to Mogadishu, then we must have one of the biggest army's in Africa. I dont even think a single country in the AU has sent that many troops to Mogadishu. Everyone knows that their is always some stationed in Gaalkayo, but in 2007, there were many in Mogadishu, and according to you 2000 in Lascaanod also. But you only lost 5 guys right? Stop throwing numbers around! I hope Habsaade switches sides, then you will see what i'm talking about.