Sign in to follow this  
Alle-ubaahne

This Mogadishu War is Hope

^^^ Xiin, you are wrogly reading the situation. Its quite simple to blame everything on the boggy man Ethiopia.

The issue is not about Ethiopia, but the internal political conflict . The warlords have supporters in the Parliment inclusing Sharif Xasan and amongest their clan deputies.

Secondly, it was Xasan Dahir, Abdiqasin who initally supported the cripling of the government, remember the Balcad meeting of the clan when Dahir Aways, Inda Cade were sitting with Suudi, Qaynyare and Co. The situation was not ripe, it is changing now.

Ethiopia recently tried hard to mediade between the TFG and Mohamed Dheere and they campaigned for Jowhar and lost.

Things are changing and Abdullahi is making all the right noises. It is up to the Parliment but he has underlined his personal view that the warlords position is untenable. Today their clans, supporters such as Sharif will find it hard to disagree...

^^Adeer Duke, Ethiopia is a factor in Somali politics. Always has been. It is not an imaginary bogy man. It’s a real threat to the resurrection of Somali state. The sooner we understand that, the better. Now if I read current situation right the old man has fallen out favor with Ethiopia’s strong man. I believe Mr. Yusuf genuinely wants a functioning and a unified Somali state, and he is willing to compromise for that end. But whether he realizes or not, he is in the wrong alliance to achieve that noble goal. You can’t finish the building of a house, as it were, if others are busy thwarting it saaxiib. More so if the ‘others’ here mean those who you claim are your helpers.

As for CQasim and co, and their opposition to the TFG, that I believe is hardly an excuse for the old man and his team. For one, CQasim’s opposition remains to be an intellectual of sort and he leads no armed rebellious against this TFG. Second, it’s the TFG ministers who hindered all the progress this government could make, yet they remain part of it. You are pointing wrong fingers when you begin to talk about those who are outside of the TFG. You said he is making all the right noises. That could be so but it is not credible till he makes the right move as well. A move I suspect he won’t take.

Lets see what the following weeks bring.

^^Xiin, you will see the coming weeks with hope and expectations of the doom of Warlords.

I always look at the remarks of General Duke as a kid with tremendous love and kinship to Cabdullaahi Yuusuf. That is OK, but saaxiibow ninkaas dadka sanka haka galin, it seems you propelling him to the highest when in fact he lost all wheels to roll.

I Thought the passion of hate is more stronger than the passion of love. Your love for the man has exceeded so far over my excruciating hate for the old man.

War ninyahow C/laahi siyaasadiisa waa indha beeshee yeeysan adna ku indho tirin. :D

Xudeedi   

Duke, I don't know if you read it or listened to CNN, the Islamic Court are a big power to be reckoned with and in par with the Warlords and the TFG, according to U.S officials.

Jabhad   

Duke, I don't know if you read it or listened to CNN, the Islamic Court are a big power to be reckoned with and in par with the Warlords and the TFG, according to U.S officials.

Alloow kuu sahal. The media and the US government officials are two sides of the same coin. One cannot survive without the other. Remember the propaganda campaign before the Iraqi Massacre begane.

Xudeedi   

^Are you underestimating then the military power of the Islamic Court?

One reason, apart from the war on terror, the U.S government bypassed the TFG and conspired with the warlords is Ethiopia's ties with the TFG. The U.S interest in the region is somewhat tied to or perhaps be predicated on its dilemma of the two power countries: Egypt and Ethiopia. Egypt fears that Ethiopia has ulterior motives in Somalia and wants to expand there due to its demographic explosion, which then helps Ethiopia in its search for a big seat in the international spotlight for its sphere of influence in the region. It is glaring obvious when it comes to the two which one will the U.S pick as its best ally. There are rumors that America is looking for ways to restore the rule of Amhara in Ethiopia.

I find this old article below interesting and relevant to say the least, but first do pay heed to the note in [italics].

The author divides the political camps/forces of Somalia into two groups (since the start of tribal war). These two political camps, the “militarist†and “assemblists†each has received financial support in its own political engineering and goals from a number of external forces, Ethiopia and Djibouti being the two main role players. The two groups, the former a.k.a the “manifesto†to some is dominated by civil politicians of the 60s, whereas, the latter is and has been dominated by former officers, colonels, and generals of the old Somali army. The author points how their “shifting alliances have remained a constant feature of their personality composition.†The â€assemblists†were first getting vanished in their grip of regional power to the “militarist†camp, with the exception of Somaliland---the late Egal was able to defeat Abdirahman Tur and Ismail Hurre (Bubba). Then, the Arta Conference of which Djibouti had the IGAD’s mandate, (under the cloak of assisting Somalis reconstitute a unitary government and the development or empowerment of ’Civil Society’) restored the “assemblistsâ€Â¨ whom it has supported since 1991, but it did so to the exclusion of the militarist? and accusing them of “everything that went wrong in Somalia,†in front the UN General Assembly of 1999. Djibouti also sought to undermine Abdillahi Yusuf’s authority in Puntland and by extension the whole militarist camp. This led to the formation of SRRC --the “militaristâ€Â¨ and Ethiopia, alienated as to how it could play a political role of the Arta conference by Djibouti with the support of the Arab league, Egypt being at its helm, saw this as an opportunity to counteract the TNG. As a forgone conclusion, the author shows, “Col. Yusuf may have concerns beyond Puntland,†which indeed happened, but the TFG and Ethiopia may now taking the footsteps of TNG and Djibouti, each to the exclusion of the other and both, as now appears, having no solution to Somalia’s mosaic fiefdoms and anarchy.

Reconciliation in Somalia in the wake of Col. Yusuf's Return to Power in Puntland

Xiin, I highlighted to you the fact that the internal problem, incompetence and lack of vision of the Somali's is what is hampering the national progress. For example the warlords and Courts yesterday claimed to be opposing Ethiopian interference, today they are shelling the people. These courts are no different in their tactics, they use heavy mortars on beahlf of the people... Qaynyerae is shelling so that the Americans dont allow the Ethiopians access.

It is all a joke, if the courts cared about justice they would not be on the attcak in North Mogadishu, and then overlooking the drugs trade in lower shabbele.

Alle-Ubhane, I figure you long ago to be a man out of his depth, your understanding of political issue is based solely on whimsical clan hope and emotiveness, your love of the courts is no more than the proffesed love and others show for the warlords. It is elogical for you to blame everything on Ina Yusuf while overlooking the actions of the Mogadishu players.

They oppose every national plan, they opposed peace keepers [AIDS], they oppose still the formation of the armed forces [CLAN], they oppose federalisam [CLAN]and you clap and cheer for ever hoping. Now the mortars are raining on Sisis and Mogadishu and you keep quite, even claiming the deaths are worth it as a route to peace.

If there were police national army or even peace keepers the people of Mogadishu would feel much safer.

The destruction of once beautiful Mogadishu, the failure of the USC, the propogation of hate the looting of national and private property is not the working of A/yusuf it is the workings of the men of Mogadishu, if they pretend to be clan leaders like Qaynyare, Sudi, or Political leaders like Abdiqasin, Cadow or religious like Ina dahir Aways. It is their blame, but you will ignore it and put everything on President Yusuf, Puntland and of course Ethiopia....

Yesterday you were against Baidoa and Jowhar, how wrong time proved you and how wrong you will insha Allah be proved again..

Makhir, the courts have made no gains in the 7 day battle for Sisi and in fact are on the back foot. The warlords are blocking the city and Inda cade is stuck inside, if they had 80% as some claim they would have found a ways out.

Now Shiekh Sharif has even agreed to sit with "Shaydan Alliance" and there are various talks under way. It looks and smells liek stalemate...

Politics come and and go, But I never thought that someone could belive "war" is some kind of hope, War just breeds more hatred, More hatred creates more fighting, The equation is very easy to understand.

I do agree war can create a more temporary peace But the problem in somali wars is that neither faction in a conflict wants an all out war, You will never see a complete victory for any side in somali clan wars.. the circle of violence continues.

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

^^Xiin, you will see the coming weeks with hope and expectations of the doom of Warlords.

i certainly hope so, yaa AU.

Originally posted by General Duke:

Alle-Ubhane, I figure you long ago to be a man out of his depth, your understanding of political issue is based solely on whimsical clan hope and emotiveness, your love of the courts is no more than the proffesed love and others show for the warlords. It is elogical for you to blame everything on Ina Yusuf while overlooking the actions of the Mogadishu players.

They oppose every national plan, they opposed peace keepers [AIDS], they oppose still the formation of the armed forces [CLAN], they oppose federalisam [CLAN]and you clap and cheer for ever hoping. Now the mortars are raining on Sisis and Mogadishu and you keep quite, even claiming the deaths are worth it as a route to peace.

If there were police national army or even peace keepers the people of Mogadishu would feel much safer.

The destruction of once beautiful Mogadishu, the failure of the USC, the propogation of hate the looting of national and private property is not the working of A/yusuf it is the workings of the men of Mogadishu, if they pretend to be clan leaders like Qaynyare, Sudi, or Political leaders like Abdiqasin, Cadow or religious like Ina dahir Aways. It is their blame, but you will ignore it and put everything on President Yusuf, Puntland and of course Ethiopia....

Yesterday you were against Baidoa and Jowhar, how wrong time proved you and how wrong you will insha Allah be proved again..

General Duke, its funny to see someone of your rank to blame me of tribalism, which I resigned a decade ago, as a kid, with the help of Allah's guidance. But no wonder that you reminded me the famous somali proverb that says, " Tuug intaadan tuug oran buu tuug kuugu yeeraa "

Given the uncountable tribalistic remarks you uttered and still exercising to steer the whole site into your unbecoming president's side, I think your existance on SOL would long ago vanish if it wasn't may be the owner or the management keeping you as an active member, (purporting the popular believe of their tribe as the other somali sites do).

Well, I oppose the criminal you call the president of somalia, and I am not ashamed of that. I strongly side with the Islamic courts with pride, and an uncompromising believe to the Message they stood for. Its the message they strive for that I support, unlike your narrowed tribalistic visualization of a man of your tribe, not the interest of our nation.

I condemn you and your president for being the problem the current problem of our country, because its tribalism that destroyed our nation, which has obviously embodied you and the criminal, Abdullahi Yuusuf. As long as you believe in those tribal-centric views, you are deserved to be called Qabiilist. And everybody knows that.

So.. Tell all that I said to your tribal henchmen in SOL to accuse me of tribalism.

Alle Ubahane, either bring forth facts or continue to meekly hide behind the nonsence waffle you mistook for reasoning.

You stand behind which Islamic Courts?

The ones who belive its their duty to shell urban areas, the ones who seem to ignore the drug barons and scrapmerchants aongest them. The ones who sided with the warlords only a few months ago..Give me a break will you.

I agreed with self defence but their latest actions have highlighted what length they will go to gain power. Their saber rattling, and not to mention their reliance on Inda cade an alleged drug trafficker.

Its is un-Islamic what Xasan Dahir and the courts are doing. the fact that these courts are solely based on clans does not bode well for your arguments.

You do not have a monopoly over the religion of Islam and are no more religious than anyone else here. So kindly stop with that idiotic

And your irational rants only highlight that you are far from what you claim.

your comments regarding me being clanish, you are not the first who when losing an argument and lacking any facts or rationale resort to "Abdullahi Yusuf is you uncle", a distant uncle at that. The closest person to me in relations in the TFG is from the Mogadishu clans.

Let me add and repeat, Mogadishu as with the blessed faith is not an issue solely yours to monopolise....

160 innocent dead, a whole district destroyed and people fleeing their who will you blame, the courts, the warlords, the impotent Abdiqasin, of course not its Dukes posts and President A./yusuf who are behind it all...

That kind of reasoning is neither mature, fair and no way Islamic...

Qanyare,BarreHiiraale_XasanDaahirAweys%5

This War is hope and the courts are hope...This above picture was taken only few months ago... Qaynyare, Hiiraale and Xasan Dahir together in Balcad Plotting to unsettle the TFG...

Gabbal   

Qaynyare, Hiiraale and Xasan Dahir together in Balcad Plotting to unsettle the TFG...

Why do you lie like that? Do you think the rest of us are illiterate? Or is it emotion Duke?

^^^^he thinks you are illiterate :D:D

Alle-ubaahne.....At end day of the day, Qabiil triumphs over everything. Even the so called Wadaado drew most of their support from their fellow clansmen. This war is hardly brings any hope, more despair if you ask me,another nasty tribal war. If there is any good in this sad affair, it would be that the masses in Xamar would hopefully realise these men warlords/wadaado alike are just looking out for their own interests, but then again, people in xamar and somalia at large had 15 yrs to recognize their sorry debacle. I doubt this war could change their views.