The Prophet (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) said:

"A Muslim has five rights over another Muslim:

i) To make a response to the 'Salam'.

ii) To visit him if he is laying ill

iii) To join in the funeral procession

iv) To accept the invitation

v) To respond to a sneeze

These are some difficult requirements.

What do some of you nomads think of these 5 rights that were chosen over other things?

Fi Amanillah

Khayr   

Originally posted by Salafi_Online:

Innalhamdulillah....Wa Salamu alaykum

There are 6

the 6th is:

1) If a muslim seeks advice...advice him

Salaamz,

Not sure of the sixth one but I'll ask around cause from the book that I was reading 'Ettiquette in Islam' by Muhamed Islahi, it only states 5. However, its possible that in another ruwaya, that its 6. Thanks

What is so difficult about the requirements?

For #4 - Invitation of what?

Well, what is difficult, lets seeeeeeeeeeee

-Suppose that you were angry at another muslim or they treated you wrong and they come up to you infront of a crowd and say Salaams to you or

they say Salaams to you after they swore at you 5 mins ago. Would you return return the 'SALAAMS'? Personally, I would have a difficulty in doing so cause I would be angry and I would feel that the person would be ridiculing me. I'm being honest here and I have seen this happen before with myself and others.

and the others speak for themselves.

As to 'Accepting What Invitation' well the Alim in the book that I quoted didn't clarify this. I will check inshallah over the weekend with some people and get back to this point b/c I too raised the same question when I read the hadith.

My guess would be an Invitation to someone's Home,To accompany them in a Meal, A wedding invitation or invitation to help them with something etc. Reason why I am saying this is that these activities inshallah, help to strengthen the bond of brotherhood btwn muslims and by refusing the invitation, they can unravel that bond.

Fi Amanillah

how do you respond to a sneeze? i know yr supposed to say alhamdullilah when sneezing but when another person sneezes? advise me, im seeking advice.

Viking   

Purple Rain,

When someone sneezes, you say 'Yarhamuka Allah' (May God have mercy on you), and the person who sneezes should respond by saying 'Yahdikum Allah wa yuslih balakum' (May Allah guide you and grant you well-being).

If the person does not say 'Al-Hamdu lillah', remind them. If they usually don't say it, then you are not required to bless him/her. If the person is a non-Muslim, you say 'Yahdikum Allah' (May God guide you on the Right Way.)

Originally posted by Khayr:

As to 'Accepting What Invitation' My guess would be an Invitation to someone's Home,To accompany them in a Meal, A wedding invitation or invitation to help them with something etc. Reason why I am saying this is that these activities inshallah, help to strengthen the bond of brotherhood btwn muslims and by refusing the invitation,
they can unravel that bond.

I agree with you %100 that was the aim. As an invitation for help, meals ... thats what I received in my learning.